PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone know what this is?? (blister on face)

seaiscalm
01-29-2012, 05:45 PM
I've always had acne but recently have started getting something a little different. It always shows up near my mouth but is never on my lips. It is a sensitive blister type thing full of clear liquid. They show up very quickly and usually last for 1-2 days. They will frequently reappear in the same spot but not always.

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b340/mellanchollie/006-2.jpg

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b340/mellanchollie/100_4404.jpg

seaiscalm
01-29-2012, 06:21 PM
Does it look at all like herpes/cold sores? Please say no

Dr.Saiyan
01-30-2012, 02:09 PM
though you prohibited us from agreeing with you ,but i am very sorry to say that i still think its recurrent herpes which may be aggravated by any physical or mental stress or imbalance occurring in your life which may have compromised your immune system.

vencasand
01-30-2012, 02:29 PM
go to a dermatologist and have it verified. saiyan is a doctor but what we see on pictures isn't enough for i firm diagnosis. and besides a doctor can write you a precription for medication that will help shorten the life of the lesions.

Dr.Deepak
01-30-2012, 02:47 PM
From the pic and ur explanation based on the lesion characteristics, it looks a recurrent herpes infection to me too. But make sure to confirm it personally with ur dermatologist. Ur dermatologist may perform a quick Tzanck smear test or go for other tests like blood tests, viral culture,or serologic assays to detect the antibidies against HSV-1.

seaiscalm
01-30-2012, 08:42 PM
I was also wondering if it is characteristic of herpes to have more than one blemish at the same time in different spots on my face? Do you know of any at home diagnosis kits that I could buy? (I don't have insurance and it may be a little while before I can afford to see a doctor) Thank-you for your help.

vencasand
01-31-2012, 01:51 PM
as far as i know there is no at home diagnosis kits. even if it were you would have to send it out to a lab that would cost almost as much as a doctor. there are medications to help you but you need a doctors prescription. maybe you can set up a payment plan with the doctor. don't let this go on a long time. it might get worse. please see a doctor.

Dr.Deepak
02-02-2012, 01:32 PM
yup as brenda said, i don't think there are any home test kit for herpes. Recurrent herpes has characteristics of appearing at the same site in most cases, and it may recur at different spots near your mouth too. Although oral recurrent herpes ( herpes labialis) is bothersome to many people in the initial few years, recurrent rate decreases as the year pass by and finally may go for ever too, but the virus still remains in your body without causing any symptoms. Almost 80% of the infection are without symptoms that is why around 85%-90% of the world population has herpes simplex at anytime in their life.

seaiscalm
02-07-2012, 02:34 AM
I saw a dermatologist today and he diagnosed me with bullous impetigo. What a relief!

vencasand
02-07-2012, 01:26 PM
so glad you got back with us. not that impetigo isn't pain free. i hope he gave you medication. i am glad also you went to see a doctor. it is really scary when you get someting that you don't know what it is. i know about the money thing also but you have to take care of yourself.

Dr.Deepak
02-07-2012, 02:36 PM
Well thanks for updating, please do keep updating about ur progress.. yes, these two diseases often share the same clinical features and are often confused, sometimes requiring diagnostic tests to confirm. Its good u visited the dermatologist.

Dr.Saiyan
02-07-2012, 05:14 PM
nice to hear from you seaiscalm ,yes we do have certain difficulties identifying the lesion online correctly coz we have many limitations.we are very happy for u ,hope for your early recovery.do keep us informed about your condition we will be very happy to hear from u.

seaiscalm
02-22-2012, 04:22 PM
The dermatologist prescribed mupirocin 2% to be applied 3 times daily until the problem goes away. He said it could take several weeks. It has gotten much better despite the fact that I usually only apply the medication at night and wear makeup during the day.

Dr.Deepak
03-20-2012, 05:47 AM
We are glad to see its improving. How are you now? has it gone. do keep updating it. Be in touch...

seaiscalm
03-20-2012, 02:41 PM
It is completely gone now. :)