PDA

View Full Version : How Do You Maintain Your Eyebrows?

Katie_B
01-24-2012, 02:05 AM
It's amazing how well shaped eyebrows can make a huge difference in the way someone looks.

One of the things I think is interesting is lightening your brows to the shade that Tyra Banks has hers. It makes the face look a lot softer since the color is a nice lighter shade of brown. But the downside is that it requires a lot of maintenance since the old color grows back quickly and you have to pay attention to the roots that show.

I think people who have ample hair in their eyebrow area are quite lucky. All they have to do is either pluck or thread their brows. But some others tend to loose hair in their brows because of hormonal changes.

I am not a fan of permanent makeup. But this lady decided to tattoo her brows in. And then she decided to get an eyebrow hair replacement procedure because the tattoos require monthly maintenance since the ink fades. I think this procedure is a great option for anyone who wants ample brows.

http://www.finetouchdermatology.com/patient-videos/all-videos/dr-umar-talks-about-eyebrow-transplants-on-knbc4/

Also penciling in your eyebrows can look unnatural when you see it up close. So getting this kind of procedure is probably a much better option to a lot of eyebrow maintenance methods that are available.

Let me know what your opinion is on the best way to shape and maintain your brows!

vencasand
01-24-2012, 01:30 PM
i am one that goes with what God gave me. at one point in life i had a unibrow! the color of my brows match my hair. i pluck or trim with scissors the longer brow hairs. i hate to see shaved eyebrows with one line drawn on where the eyebrows should be. but that is just my opinion. never ever would i get a tatoo that close to my eyes!

y34963
01-24-2012, 09:32 PM
I don't think tatooing your eyebrows is a good idea either. It would look a lot more unnatural than using a brow pencil. If you use a brow pencil properly it looks very natural.

paulspnao
03-10-2012, 10:32 AM
When maintaining your eyebrows on a regular basis, you have many choices. You can choose to wax your eyebrows or thread your eyebrows. Waxing and threading are quicker and more precise. Eyebrow waxing and eyebrow threading are often done by professionals.