PDA

View Full Version : Strange Red Patch on Breast (Pictures!)

deadlightbulb
01-18-2012, 10:06 PM
It started as a large pimple (no whitehead, just a large red bump) that lasted for weeks and now it has become this red patch. It has just recently began itching these last couple days.

Other information: I'm pregnant and have been prone to eczema my entire life but it has never looked like this. Has anybody seen anything like this before? It's located on the left breast.

Dr.Saiyan
01-19-2012, 08:15 AM
hi deadlightbulb !
from the picture you have sent it still seems as healing stage of eczema to me.eczema has many forms and it generally starts with maculopapular eruption and clears with hyperpigmented scaly and increased thickening form but appearance differs form individual to individual and the specific finding is the itchiness in all its forms.as u are pregnant so lots of hormonal changes going on inside you so u are more prone to eczema .thus i still like to suggest you u to see doctor if its really itchy and disturbs your sleep pattern and get some mild topical medication to improve your life quality and getting the lesion infected by scratching.

vencasand
01-19-2012, 02:49 PM
when you go to your monthly doctors appointment have him/her check it out. but i agree with saiyan it looks like eczema.

deadlightbulb
01-22-2012, 09:47 PM
Doctors appointment in a week. It hasn't been bothering me but it is getting bigger. Should I just go to the doctor sooner than later?

vencasand
01-23-2012, 01:46 PM
if your appointment is in a week i think you can put it off until then but call the office and ask them if you need to come in for an earlier appointment. i think it can wait but if you are worried please call them.

Dr.Saiyan
01-23-2012, 04:05 PM
hi deadlightbulb!
the lesion still looks like nummular eczema to me in its remission stage,which can also be very itchy.but this lesion should be ruled out with ringworm which is a form of fungal infection that can be done with fungal testing under microscopy .if its not bothering u can wait till later,but if its getting profuse or is symptomatic ,guess can go for some appropriate treatment.

deadlightbulb
01-23-2012, 08:55 PM
Thank you! After some research I also came to the conclusion that it was nummular eczema. Hearing someone else say it is very reassuring! It hasn't been bothering me so much so I'm just going to wait till my next appointment.

Dr.Saiyan
01-24-2012, 07:45 AM
You are welcome, please let us know about your progress. We'll be happy to hear from you. Keep in touch.