PDA

View Full Version : Re: Shea Butter

Katie_B
01-02-2012, 03:35 AM
I've been reading that Shea Butter promotes the synthesis of new collagen. But I cannot find any research on the subject or how this works....

If anyone knows if this is fact or fiction and WHY....please let me know....thanks...

I love using Shea Butter, but I don't want to mislead myself....

pepsimax
01-02-2012, 08:03 AM
I love Shea Butter.
Unrefined Shea Butter is naturally rich in a number of vitamins.
Vitamin A & E balances and normalizes the skin. Particularly beneficial for dry or sun-exposed skin. Vitamin A has soothing and hydrating properties. They provide healthy skin collagen which prevents premature wrinkles, premature facial lines and premature slackened skin.

y34963
01-03-2012, 04:54 PM
Shea Butter is awesome. Pepsimax has summed it up well.

One of my best selling body butters is made solely with shea butter.

paulspnao
01-31-2012, 11:45 AM
Shea Butter benefits your skin by keeping it clear & smooth. It has vitamins A, E & F which are some essential vitamins needed for good skin balance.

IdolWhite
01-31-2012, 12:07 PM
I use it ! awesome effect ;)

Blondie
02-01-2012, 05:20 AM
There's a lot of love in this thread!

Just be sure to get unrefined shea butter, because it has the highest percentage of "goodies" still in it. It smells a little odd and nutty, but lots of people like it. If you decide you don't like the aroma, you can do what I did and mix it 50/50 with cocoa butter.
Best. Thing. Ever. XD

If you want to know the science behind it, this might be a good place to start: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed?term=shea%20butter%20skin%20

They don't have a lot of studies, but some other sites may.

skinlover
02-02-2012, 11:31 AM
Hello, anybody know of a good shea butter based product I could find in thr Uk?
Thankyou. x

Misha Smith
02-15-2012, 11:24 AM
shea butter will definitely give so soft and supple skin! If you have stretch marks, this would do great on minimizing it!

vencasand
02-15-2012, 01:42 PM
skin lover i am from the us but i would think you could google shea butter uk and you would find all kinds of sources.

pepsimax
02-16-2012, 06:22 AM
Hello, anybody know of a good shea butter based product I could find in thr Uk?
Thankyou. x

I'm in the UK. I don't buy commercial products with shea butter in as I detest the smell. I buy unrefined shea butter from ebay. Not sure if I can promote the seller here but a search yields plenty of results. Just make sure you read the description of the item properly. Need any more help, just let me know.

skinlover
02-17-2012, 08:39 AM
Thankyou! I will have a look. :)!