PDA

View Full Version : Do you care for your neck?

aliva
07-15-2008, 09:27 PM
Natural pigmentation of skin around the neck makes it darker. It is an area we just soap and never pay attention to, hence it is ignored. It is really embarrassing when you tie a ponytail. But do you care for it?

Here are some common remedies that I know.

1. A mild bleach to get it lighten and then you can retain the fairness by applying natural astringents like tomato juice in which you can add a pinch of turmeric as it is a natural bleaching agent.

2. Rub a half squeezed lemon before shower time on the complete area.

:if you know more, please post here.

skincare
07-16-2008, 12:03 PM
Here is another way of softening and whitening the skin on your neck. You can make a skin tonic by mixing 3 teaspoons of borax powder, 2 tablespoons of glycerine and 2 cups of rose water. Apply this in your neck and leave for about 15 minutes, then rinse.

jamesgrg
11-01-2008, 10:39 AM
my neck is black in relation to other part.does lemon and tomato makes it white

Dr.Deepak
11-02-2008, 01:43 AM
yup lemon and tomato does makes your skin fair

mimico
11-03-2008, 09:24 AM
I just make sure to soap my neck, apply a lightening lotion, and apply sunblock on it as well before I go out. Lightening creams won't work if you don't protect your neck from the sun's harmful rays!

larry
12-09-2008, 06:55 AM
Here is another way of softening and whitening the skin on your neck. You can make a skin tonic by mixing 3 teaspoons of borax powder, 2 tablespoons of glycerine and 2 cups of rose water. Apply this in your neck and leave for about 15 minutes, then rinse.

Hmmm, i am really not sure if Borax is a good idea. It is an industrial bleech after all
"Borax, also known as sodium borate, sodium tetraborate, or disodium tetraborate, is an important boron compound, a mineral, and a salt of boric acid. It is usually a white powder consisting of soft colorless crystals that dissolve easily in water.

Borax has a wide variety of uses. It is a component of many detergents, cosmetics, and enamel glazes. It is also used to make buffer solutions in biochemistry, as a fire retardant, as an anti-fungal compound for fiberglass, as an insecticide, as a flux in metallurgy, and as a precursor for other boron compounds."

beauT29
12-13-2008, 10:13 AM
Even one of my cousins has this strange thing on is neck.. he had tried every possible method to reduce the dark circles or lines as it is called, but it didn't go permanently though it vanished slightly during treatment.

icebreaker
04-07-2009, 02:01 AM
Yes, of course, I care for my neck and we should all care for our neck. We can use anti bacterial facial wash and apply it around the neck in the morning and in the evening.

mm145
04-09-2009, 04:54 AM
If you observe people around you, you will find that the neck is a highly neglected part of our body. I often find that women have covered their faces with makeup but completely forgotten about their necks. Looks a bit weird !

brybry
04-09-2009, 01:51 PM
My neck is the same colour as the rest of me.. a pale white complexion. I have noticed any dark areas.. Maybe it is the UK where we all have nice necks, I don't know.

Dennis
06-27-2009, 06:52 PM
Of course I care about my neck. It`s part of body which girls like most. Of course I need to take care about it ;)

Valence
06-27-2009, 08:09 PM
Neck is one of the MOST importnat part of your body that you need to take care of! Why? Becuase it shows the sign of aging the most!!! Neck and Knees are the areas where our skin gets hangy and nasty!!!:confused: So... let's prevent it!!

1. protect your neck from UV ray! apply sunscreen SPF30 or UP everyday!

2. use cleanser AND soap to clean your neck just like you cleans and wash your face every morning and at night!

3. exfoliate your entire body at least once a week. i use Natural Peeling Gel for my once a week exfoliation treatment at HOME. It is very gentle to my skin but makes my skin smooth and silky:love:

4. MOISTURIZR your entire body with lotion AND cream!

jsg
06-29-2009, 08:17 PM
thanks for a great post! do u know any good sunscreen that does not make my skin sticky??

Valence
06-29-2009, 11:07 PM
I think dermalogica's sunscreen cream for sensitive skin is a good one. But if you do not like cream type, maybe you can try the spray type.

Bioderma Photoderm Max SPF 50 Spray is a good one:h7:

VANYA
09-15-2009, 07:42 AM
Although this tread is about neck pigmentation, you can also prevent wrinkles around your neck by applying a moisturizer that you are using for your face or cucumber massages.

irahat
05-04-2010, 06:12 AM
Pigmentation and spider naevis are the first signs of ageing in the neck area and similar to the eye area, collagen loss will be the most commonly found protein loss after elastin. How the neck tissue ages are mostly due to the work play lifestyle, this will be reflected as obviously as the backs of our hands. Our genetic blue print will determine the firmness of the jaw-line, length of the neck and the strength and density of collagen.

There are many muscles situated in the neck, extending from the mandible (jawbone) to the hyoid bone and to the sternum and clavicle. However, it is some of the muscles of the face not the neck that will determine the firmness of the jaw-line.

The neck area should be considered as part of the breast tissue, which has no muscles and is not fixed to the chest, but suspended by a framework of connective tissue, known as Coopers ligaments. These ligaments are between the adipose tissue, and reinforce the connection between the breast and the chest wall. This connective tissue, which encloses each of these components, gives cohesiveness to the mammary structure and the neck