PDA

View Full Version : How to deal with Oily Skin

syedtaalib
12-21-2011, 01:16 PM
Oily skin is usually very dull and shiny and makes us feel very awkward. And often pores and pimple and other blemishes are associated with this condition. In this type of skin type, the oil producing sebaceous glands just overactive for our liking producing more oil than actually needed for the skin. The oil oozes from the skin and mixing with dirt gives a very greasy shine. The pores are enlarged and skin turns coarse look
Causes of Oily Skin
Heredity
Diet
Hormone levels
Pregnancy
Birth control pills
Cosmetics you use
Humidity and hot weather

During puberty, oily skin is common condition and its more because of hormonal Shifts, but it could occur at any stage. in simple words we can say, skin tends to go dryer with age. The flow of sebum or oil actually increases with adolescence and usually tends to decrease with age. It may also speed up during pregnancy and menopause
Skin Care for Oily Skin

Some solace for the some of you having oily skin, your kind of skin ages slow than other type of skin .
Though oily skin needs special attention for cleansing with plenty of hot water and soap to prevent the pores from being clogged. Avoid harsh products that could strip your skin of oil and could possibly lead to flakiness. Even that could cause reactive seborrhea, where glands may just work over time to compensate for the loss of natural oils.

First thing you need to understand and do is to get rid of any such products which leave your skin dehydrated and skin to shrink. This kind of restriction of oil follow will lead to blockage or worst breakouts.
To cleanse the skin, use oil based cleanser or face washes to dissolve the sebum effectively
Keeps your skin clean, limit washing it few times daily? Too much again will cause more oil production
Pick the one cleanser which is oil based, avoid heavy cleansing creams, and please avoid harsh soaps or cleansers completely. If possible choose pure soaps without any artificial additives, If it is with anti bacterial properties, even better. Avoid the cleansers with alcohol because they take away the vital moisturize from the skin and apply water based moisturizer to keep the skin supple and smooth
Use hot water when washing your face. Hot water dissolves skin oil better than lukewarm or cold water.
When cleansing, massage your face well with your fingertips, using an upward and outward motion. Be careful not to rub soap into the skin; it can clog pores.
If your oily skin is scaly, you can often correct the problem by using a deep-cleaning exfoliate on alternate nights, and following the treatment with a light coating of moisturizer.
Try using a clay or mud mask. If you have sensitive skin, use white or rose-colored clays.
Use a light antiseptic night cream from time to time if you wish, and apply a clarifying mask one or two times a week.
Choose cosmetic and facial care products specifically designed for oily skin.

abhinav singh
01-04-2012, 06:15 AM
To deal with oily skin i use the following tips like:
1.Use proper cleansers
2.Use Non-Comedogenic Products
3.Use Products Suitable for my Skin

Emerald
02-22-2012, 04:07 PM
Making changes in your diet can also help with oily skin. Eats lots of fresh fruit, leafy greens, and whole grains. Seek out foods which are high in B vitamins, and try to avoid excessive consumption of fat. You may also notice that your skin reacts to certain foods, so try to keep track of what you are eating so that you can learn which foods you should avoid. By eating well and caring for your skin gently, you should be able to greatly reduce the unpleasant look and feel of oily skin.

cbhattarai
03-06-2012, 08:06 PM
The main cause of oily skin is because of the improper amount of moisture in your skin.....

anushka
03-13-2012, 05:44 AM
Oily skin can be a real pain.. fortunately my skin has gotten much better over the years and I rarely break out anymore. Try and use products that are meant for oily skin and also make sure to stay hydrated and clean your face regularly.

skinlover
03-13-2012, 08:58 AM
This was a good read, thanks for the information.

L.
x

abhinav singh
03-19-2012, 08:41 AM
Oil produced by skin is good for skin. But if it is more, then it is not good. Your face looks oily. First clean your face five times daily with good soap and fresh water. Drink one liter water in morning and walk to fresh air.

vencasand
03-19-2012, 12:52 PM
abhniav singh, i usually agree with your posts but i think washing your face 5 times a day is way too much. i don't think even if your skin is immencely oily twice a day is enough.

y34963
03-21-2012, 08:22 AM
Washing your face twice a day is sufficient. You will harm your skin if you wash it more than that. Use a face wash and moisturizer that are made for your type of skin and then only in the morning and before you go to sleep.

brightonimplant
04-16-2012, 11:11 AM
Oily skin is such a pain, My skin is so oily and because of this, lots of pimple on my both chicks and I have used a lots of product but all are useless. Anyone can help me how can I come out from this problem??????

Paula Clarke
04-17-2012, 08:25 AM
Washing your face more than twice a day isn't going to harm your skin as long as you don't use any strong soap that can cause damage. Some people, me for one often lead a very active life, workouts, athletics in the old days, getting ready for work or school, etc. None of the soaps I used damaged my skin. You should wash it when it becomes oily for the oil clogs your pores and causes the acne infections. I found a soap that is incredible and I mentioned it previously.

Am I correct in believing this product is available on a USA horse supply site??? What clinical studies have been undertaken to approve its use on the delicate facial skin?

fallickwalton
04-17-2012, 09:06 AM
Hi, Fantastic Anti aging cream supplying you with a youthful radiance naturally.Make your skin appear as if an adolescent with this terribly outstanding anti-aging answer that you simply will use.If you have got any questions on anti aging cream, be at liberty to request from me and that i can do my best to answer them timely! you enjoy

vencasand
04-17-2012, 12:40 PM
paula, have your checked out this site. some products for horses are used by humans all the time. there is a shampoo for horses tails that people use on their own hair. it is all healthy ingredients. most of these horses are pampered and show horses. i don't see what the problem is if you use some products for animals. bagbalm is a great hand moisturiser. and yes it is used on cows teets!!!!

withavision
04-17-2012, 05:39 PM
Add lemon juice to your face cleansing soap.

Use egg whites on your face once a day. Simply crack and egg and using your fingers rub the whites on your face let dry and sit for 15min. Rinse off thoroughly

It is important to note that you should not just be trying to dry out your skin. You still need to use a moisturizer every few days so your skin can perform normally.

Paula Clarke
04-20-2012, 11:00 AM
paula, have your checked out this site. some products for horses are used by humans all the time. there is a shampoo for horses tails that people use on their own hair. it is all healthy ingredients. most of these horses are pampered and show horses. i don't see what the problem is if you use some products for animals. bagbalm is a great hand moisturiser. and yes it is used on cows teets!!!!

Ohhh we live and learn don`t we? :)

Paula Clarke
04-20-2012, 11:02 AM
Paula,
I found this soap on an Equine site and there is also a site for people.
I couldn't tell you about any clinical studies because this isn't my show. I know only what my friends told me and a wide variety use it, even some who never believed in using any soap on their facial skin. All i can tell you it works great on me.

I`m very happy for you Doug - its so hard to find a product that is so right for you :D

nessa
04-30-2012, 10:03 AM
Oily skin is often dehydrated skin and responds well to drinking lots of water so that the skin is moisturised from within. Also, try rinsing with half a lemon in a basin of water mornings and evenings. Helps for oily hair as well.

withavision
04-30-2012, 06:08 PM
Cold water

Lemon juice

Egg whites

Exfoliation

It takes persistence, oily skin can be hard to beat. I would searching for different natural recipes and try them each out for a week or two and see what works.

I certainly would not be using everyother chemical based product regulary in my face, they become way too harsh for myself.

Just my $.02

Carleen
05-03-2012, 08:18 AM
To get rid of the oily skin one of the best ways are drink plenty of water, eat fresh fruits , avoid oily food and junk food, wash your face before going to bed and please do not apply any cream or moisturizer, do apply Aloe Vera gel, if you can. All these tips surely help to get rid of the oily skin problem.

y34963
05-03-2012, 11:49 PM
Use products that are made for your skin condition. Although Aloe Vera gel is great it isn't for everyone. Your goal would be to balance your skin so you do not want to dry it out, you want it in balanced. There are many good products on the market for oily skin. I do not recommend any as each person's needs are different. Ask for samples so you can try the products out without putting out a lot of money before you find the one that works for you.

Carleen
05-07-2012, 07:10 AM
For oily skin care it is good to have proper care of skin. I think it is enough to wash your face twice a day. Do not apply any kind of moisturizer, and leave it without any kind of cream at night time. You can use aloe Vera gel too. It is good natural remedy for oily skin care. Drink plenty of water, add more fruits and green vegetables in your diet. Avoid junk food and oily food. Al these are simple tips and easy to apply.

vencasand
05-07-2012, 11:52 AM
sometimes oily skin needs to be moisturized. the skin might be over compensating with oil for a problem of moisture. yes it is good to drink a lot of water. yes it is good to wash your face twice daily, but it is also important to get to know your own skin. wash with a ph balanced face wash. use the little papers to absorb the oil in the afternoon if you feel your face is too oily. just don't use products that are going to dry out your skin. some oil is good for the skin and helps prevent aging so fast.

kathiny
06-21-2012, 07:04 AM
The number one rule of oily skin care is cleansing. Oily skin tends to be greasy and the excess oil can lead to the appearance of black heads and pimples. This is why it is very important to keep your skin clean.

Cleansing should be done twice a day. Washing your face more than that will strip away the oil that the skin needs in order to protect itself and it will only make your skin to produce even more oil - so don't over wash!

BRTCskincare
06-26-2012, 05:15 PM
To deal with oily skin, look for skin care products that contain all natural ingredients, such as fruits nuts or plant extracts. These ingredients will help unclog your pores (the reason for your oily skin) and not dry it out at the same time.

brightbeaut
06-26-2012, 10:42 PM
I think a lot of people overdo it with moisturizers. You should leave your skin's natural oils to provide moisture!