PDA

View Full Version : Make-up technique to cover dark circle.

aliva
07-15-2008, 09:14 PM
Whenever we try to cover the dark circles under eyes with the foundation, they become more noticeable and prominent. To cover them, use a cake foundation of the color lighter than the skin color, and then use the usual shade foundation of the skin color on top of it. This will help to conceal the circles and make them less prominent.

Prefer to use the eye-shading techniques on the upper eyelid and below the eyebrow bone so as to attract more attention to it.

mimico
07-16-2008, 11:57 AM
I used to try to cover my dark circles too until I started using an eye cream that just got rid of the dark circles under my eye. So now I don't have anything to worry about. But you know, my problem with girls covering their eye bags is that they apply foundation on it every day so that after a few years they get a lot of lines and wrinkles under their eye. In addition to looking like a raccoon, they also end up looking like my grandma! The skin around the ye is very sensitive, so I try as much as possible to leave it free of any makeup. That way, I won't need to get botox or some other form of cosmetic surgery when I'm older.

Varun
11-15-2008, 07:48 PM
I'm not exactly sure what to do but, are you getting enough sleep. If you don't this might lead to your dark circles. It might even run in the family so there is no way of preventing that.
Another tip which can be of real help: Use concealer, You can get some pretty good ones at your local drug store. Get the mineral kind if they have any, cause those are amazing. However if you're willing to spend tons of cash on makeup, get Smashbox concealer, it's kind of expensive, but works amazing, and is great for all skintypes, especially sensitive ones.

jeni_fini
11-17-2008, 11:45 AM
What about concealer? I have never used concealer but I heard that it covers blemishes and dark circles. I never really noticed dark circles until recently, when my nephew accidentally hit me in the face and blacked both my eyes. The darkness under my eyes has not completely went away and this was about 5 months ago. I also think my allergies make it more noticeable since my eyes get puffy

Kay
12-26-2008, 06:35 PM
I've used concealer occasionally in the past and think it's the best option if you're looking for quick coverage rather than to eradicate them as mimico did. Foundations can be too heavy. Concealers have a much lighter formulation and are designed to blend well with your foundation. I think two layers of foundation is overkill and as mimico says, the tissue's so delicate there you need to be careful.

Mimico, what was the cream you used and how long did it take to shift them if you don't mind me asking? I've noticed I'm starting to get some and would like to nip it in the bud.

beatrix_kiddo
02-17-2009, 11:37 AM
There is a specific under eye concealer for these purposes. It is a little more creamier and easier to apply. I think oriflame company sells one. It can offcourse be followed by regular foundation.

claire87john
01-03-2013, 11:07 AM
If your shadows are blue-tinged, choose a yellow-based concealer. If they're more brown or yellow, use a peachy color. The formula should be creamy so it glides over your skin and won't settle into fine lines.

kevinkrieger
01-03-2014, 09:55 AM
You can learn where Exactly to Apply Concealer online and also keep hydrated to avoid dryness and wrinkles.