PDA

View Full Version : SKINNED my forehead

sirkrimzon
11-24-2011, 03:45 PM
I skinned part of my forehead on a carpet, it looks like only one layer of skin came off, as soon as it happened, i put on vaseline, then i washed the cut and put on neosporene then a bandaid loosely over the scrape when i slept, its my 3rd day. I really don't want anything permanent on my face as a result of this cut, any help please?

vencasand
11-25-2011, 01:27 PM
i think you are doing the best thing for a carpet burn. just keep it moist with the antibiotic cream and if you don't mind wearing a band aid that would be good also.

Dr.Saiyan
11-26-2011, 04:05 AM
hi sirkrimzon! as u said u just lost a layer of your skin when u slipped sounds like u peeled your upper layer of your skin i.e is epidermis which keeps changing every 28 days. also face is rich in blood vessels so the facial injury heals very quickly.so guess your wound will be completely healed leaving no scar mark by 1 month but be careful not to get it infected by properly sterilizing and applying some antibiotics if possible.If u think its really deep u can apply some epidermal grown factor afer a week or so to induce the growth of your skin.

sirkrimzon
11-28-2011, 04:55 PM
hi sirkrimzon! as u said u just lost a layer of your skin when u slipped sounds like u peeled your upper layer of your skin i.e is epidermis which keeps changing every 28 days. also face is rich in blood vessels so the facial injury heals very quickly.so guess your wound will be completely healed leaving no scar mark by 1 month but be careful not to get it infected by properly sterilizing and applying some antibiotics if possible.If u think its really deep u can apply some epidermal grown factor afer a week or so to induce the growth of your skin.

Thanks, should i keep using the mederma? As of right now, the scrape is pink but hard...and I'm not sure if the me derma should be used on actual scars or whatever i have now on my head

vencasand
11-29-2011, 01:42 PM
actually thinking about this the mederma might work. it is a fresh scar and that is when to use scar treatments. make sure you keep it moisturized and i still think if you keep antibiotic ointment on it with a bandaid it will not permanently scar.