PDA

View Full Version : Suffering from white heads

SandraWood
11-24-2011, 07:57 AM
My skin has lots of white heads on the nose, back and legs and feels itching whole the day. what should I do to get rid of them.

I used pumice stone for legs and back and cotton cloth on my nose, they were removed that time but I got them again. Please suggest some home remedies to removing them.

Dr.Deepak
11-24-2011, 10:57 AM
There are several home remedies that people might suggest here. I just wanted to let you know that there is no quick home remedies for whiteheads (closed comedones), it takes times. The products working good on another person skin may not work on you and so so. You might need to experiment with different products before you find the one that's perfect on you.

If you start popping or scrubing or use abrasive cleansers and wash cloth to get rid of them, you may be in trouble. It can irritate your skin and make it worse and also delay the healing time and scarring.

One simple rule is to be gentle with your skin. Use oil free products, look for "oil free" or "non comedogenic" when you buy any products. Use water based makeups.

Here are few acne treatment that are available over the counter:
Best Over the Counter Acne Treatment (http://www.dermatalk.com/blogs/skincare/best-over-the-counter-acne-treatment/)

When you buy any products choose your products wisely. If you have oily skin choose acne solution or gel and if your have dry skin choose acne cream or lotions.

For whiteheads, the best treatment that works are Benzoyl peroxide (BPO) and prescription retinoids like Adapalene or tretinoin.

Jenny
12-09-2011, 10:13 AM
I use to have them on nose most of time and i used to always remove them by hand.
I know its very itchy, you can try steaming your face as i use to do so.

sara145wilson
12-31-2011, 06:30 AM
Try some home remedies which are available for this problem like white heads or just try to consult your skin doctor for it.....

y34963
12-31-2011, 08:01 PM
Sara, if you are going to make statements please back them up. If you have some home remedies post them.