PDA

View Full Version : puffy bags and pigmentation help

Cathy30
07-15-2008, 06:44 PM
I'm in my early 30s. I used to have great skin until I got pregnant. After delivering a healthy son nearly two months ago, my skin woes haven't gotten any better. My facial skin still looks thicker compared to pre-pregnancy. Puffy bags under my eyes, and pigmentation on my cheeks that developed during pregnancy is still showing no sign of vanishing or fading. I want that pre-pregnancy glow back. Please help.

Ashu
07-15-2008, 07:02 PM
There's more to good skin care than cleansing, toning and moisturising. Your diet, lifestyle and environment also affect your skin. Lack of sleep also has a big effect on how you look. A pale, lifeless, spotty complexion with dark circles and bags under your eyes are the most obvious signs of insufficient sleep. More often than not you will find that a good night's sleep is a great (and free!) beauty treatment for your skin. In addition to sleep, start by drinking lots of water which will hydrate and help combat dry skin. Also use a rich moisturiser at night (there are variety of night creams available in the market). Any dark patches that appear during pregnancy will eventually fade. However, for a quicker result, make sure to protect yourself from the sun, even during winter. Apply a high factor sun protection cream especially on noticeable pigmentation. Use skin care products that are specially formulated for sensitive skin. If used morning and night, these should help soothe redness and blotchiness. I am confident this will help you get back your pre-pregnancy glow. Meanwhile, its also advisable to indulge in a facial every now and then. It's only been two months so give yourself sometime, relax and you will certainly get the glow back on your face.

Cathy30
07-19-2008, 06:48 PM
yea hope so.. i have used sunscreen creams daily and have done facials too.. lets see will wait for 1 months more if i can regain back my glow..

aliva
07-23-2008, 07:46 PM
Women go through hormonal imbalance during pregnancy and sometimes the effect lasts much longer. With proper care, you should be able regain much of your glow. I hope that your beautician is giving you a good exfoliation before a facial. Removal of dead skin is necessary as a nourishing cream massage. If the dead skin cells are not removed, then a facial is useless. Try revival of tired skin with a home-made mask a week after a facial.

Take cotton wool in round pads, soak them in cold rose water and put on your closed eyelids for 15 minutes to help with puffiness.

Cathy30
08-29-2008, 01:42 PM
i see the puffy bags under my eyes, and pigmentation are slowly decreasing,they are decreasing then before i ask questions..i hope it will all go.. thanks for your help..

kimclara
07-13-2012, 05:39 PM
cucumber slices and something that contains caffeine will help decrease the puffiness!

kevinkrieger
01-03-2014, 10:23 AM
Wear UV-blocking sunglasses or sunscreen
Avoiding sleeping on your side
Stop smoking and alcohol
Get enough sleep
Cucumber can help to reduce the look appearance of tired puffy eyes.

Terry
05-21-2014, 09:13 AM
I would like to thank all for great advice but is their any advice that can be follow during pregnancy to avoid these skin problems.

Emily Kristina
07-05-2014, 01:00 PM
Here are tips to get beautiful skin:

- Keep your body well hydrated
- Maintain well balanced diet
- Cleanse your face twice daily.
- Moisturise your skin
- Avoid the sunlight exposure
- Always wear sunscreen when you go out in the sun

stevex
07-25-2014, 04:48 AM
You have to take a healthy diet .Your life style should be run in right way.And the suncream is very essential. and avoid too much beauty tips .don't experiment on your face by using daily new products .it 'll take some time to glow your face .

marclewis
07-25-2014, 06:08 AM
Cool cucumber slices remedy is very helpful.