PDA

View Full Version : Hi there any idea what this is?

strawb3rry
11-09-2011, 07:25 PM
I have these kinda moles I guess? coming on my sole of my foot and knee and now there are 3 or 4 on my scrotum, should I be worried?

vencasand
11-10-2011, 01:42 PM
i am not a doctor but if you are worried see a doctor. my moles look a little different. you could pm deepak. he is a doctor but it is hard to diagnose unless it is in person. maybe he will answer you here. whether you get hold of deepak or not please have a doctor check them out. .

Dr.Saiyan
11-10-2011, 05:45 PM
hi strawb3rry! will u also like to tell us how long u have been having those moles for,any changes in shapes and size since than.Also recently are u having any change in sensation like pain or itchiness etc.Just from the figure it seems like normal melanocytic nevus to me,but its very hard to exclude malignant melanoma just from the picture coz its purely histopathological diagnosis.If u find suspected change in shape,size,colour and sensation recently, i agree with grandma(Brenda)u better consult a dermatologist in person and have biopsy done.

strawb3rry
11-11-2011, 12:26 AM
Hi thank you everyone. I made appointment for dermatologist but the earliest they can see me is 5 weeks.

Ok I first noticed 1 on my scrotum maybe 6 months ago. Now I see I have 4 or 5 on my scrotum. Then I see I have 2 or 3 on 1 foot. I cannot see my back well but I think there are some on back. I also have on my face and noticed on my ear just now.

My back is itchy

Here is more pictures

Dr.Deepak
11-12-2011, 06:56 PM
It is normal for people to have moles in their body, average number of moles in people may range from 30-200. They usually are symptom less and doesn't change in shape and size. But when there is any change in shape, width, thickness, color, border or symptomatic like itching, infection or bleeding one should always suspect for skin cancer. In your case, the pics you have posted doesn't give any suspicion and they look harmless. Being said that, it is always good to visit a dermatologist in person and get checked. The one in your foot may need further dermoscopy evaluation closely and should not be ignored.

I can't say that you should not be worried by just looking at the pics, but the good news is that even if the moles changes in color, shape and size, they may not be cancerous, they may totally be harmless. But is it always wise to have them removed ( with biopsy is must) if there is any suspicion which will always prevent from any risk of having skin cancer.

strawb3rry
11-14-2011, 05:49 AM
It is normal for people to have moles in their body, average number of moles in people may range from 30-200. They usually are symptom less and doesn't change in shape and size. But when there is any change in shape, width, thickness, color, border or symptomatic like itching, infection or bleeding one should always suspect for skin cancer. In your case, the pics you have posted doesn't give any suspicion and they look harmless. Being said that, it is always good to visit a dermatologist in person and get checked. The one in your foot may need further dermoscopy evaluation closely and should not be ignored.

I can't say that you should not be worried by just looking at the pics, but the good news is that even if the moles changes in color, shape and size, they may not be cancerous, they may totally be harmless. But is it always wise to have them removed ( with biopsy is must) if there is any suspicion which will always prevent from any risk of having skin cancer.

Ok thank you , I really appreciate you taking the time to reply. I will see dermatologist and post update what is results. Right now I feel very stressed and have not slept very well at all to be honest.

Thank you again for the help :)

vencasand
11-14-2011, 02:44 PM
you are welcome. please keep us up to date with the derms answer. i didn't mean to scare you. i just meant that it is difficult even for doctors to diagnose from a picture. i got moley when i was pregnant with my first child. i had them on my neck, shoulders, and on my chest. they all went away on their own. don't lose sleep. sleep helps make your body strong. blessings, brenda

Dr.Deepak
11-16-2011, 06:06 AM
Don't get upset, take a good rest. They may just be harmless Junctional Naevus. Let us know when the biopsy result comes out.

Elsa Tobin
12-05-2011, 06:49 AM
i think it;s wuzi

strawb3rry
02-14-2012, 07:31 PM
Hi everyone ok thanks for concern.

I went to one dermatologist 3 weeks ago and he said don't worry about it but he did not take biopsy. I think he said it was Lentigo? But then he said he did not know why so many so quickly so not very reassuring.

Yesterday I went to another dermatologist and she did Biopsy and results should be 2-3 weeks

Here is picture of the sole of my foot , I will update any news good or bad.

Dr.Saiyan
02-15-2012, 02:58 PM
nice to hear from you after a long time,hope your biopsy result comes up with nothing serious.we wanna know your biopsy result as well ,do keep it in touch.

strawb3rry
02-16-2012, 02:35 PM
Hi there again so should the dermatologist have stitched this hole? I am not sure how this one will heal on its own as it is on the sole of my foot. Its been 4 days and still not drying up

thanks

Dr.Deepak
02-16-2012, 04:18 PM
Usually lesions on soles takes longer than other sites so don't worry. Make sure to clean the wound as suggested by ur dermatologist and apply antibiotics regularly that might have been prescribed by ur dermatologist. It is good to keep your wound moist with antibiotics, if it dries out quick to form a scab,it will further delay healing process.

So use antibiotics and keep the area clean and moist (no water). clean regularly and pat dry then apply antibiotics ointment and cover with thin semi-occlusive dressing. Take a good rest and balance diet.

Do let us know if u have any problems.

strawb3rry
03-11-2012, 07:02 AM
Hi everyone, on thursady I met with dermatologist and she think it is dysplastic nevus , the lab asked for 2nd sample so she did biopsy on on on my knee.

She said its strange for someone of my background (East Indian) to have so many like this. She said lets wait 2 weeks and see for 2nd results.

Also the one she did biopsy of it had changed color from brown to very black, almost like it was blistering. I don't have any picture of that though. But very similar to the black one on my sole in 1st picture I posted.

What do you think?

Dr.Deepak
03-12-2012, 07:24 PM
yup these atypical moles (Dysplastic Nevus) are rarely seen in Asian, blacks and Mid-Easterns.. Although chances of developing into melanoma is rare for few developing moles, chances gets higher if you have many atypical moles and family history of melanoma.

As removing every moles that comes out is difficult, you should learn to recognize these moles. regular self skin examination is very important. You should also avoid excessive sun exposure and always use broad-spectrum sunscreen with SPF atleast 30 or more.

Self Skin Examination For Early Detection of Melanoma (http://www.dermatalk.com/blogs/skin-disorders/skin-cancer/self-skin-examination-for-early-detection-of-melanoma/)

ABCD of Melanoma (http://www.dermatalk.com/blogs/skin-disorders/skin-cancer/abcd-of-melanoma/)

strawb3rry
03-13-2012, 08:18 PM
yup these atypical moles (Dysplastic Nevus) are rarely seen in Asian, blacks and Mid-Easterns.. Although chances of developing into melanoma is rare for few developing moles, chances gets higher if you have many atypical moles and family history of melanoma.

As removing every moles that comes out is difficult, you should learn to recognize these moles. regular self skin examination is very important. You should also avoid excessive sun exposure and always use broad-spectrum sunscreen with SPF atleast 30 or more.

Self Skin Examination For Early Detection of Melanoma (http://www.dermatalk.com/blogs/skin-disorders/skin-cancer/self-skin-examination-for-early-detection-of-melanoma/)

ABCD of Melanoma (http://www.dermatalk.com/blogs/skin-disorders/skin-cancer/abcd-of-melanoma/)

Hi thank you for reply. I have many of these on my scrotum , a couple on head of penis and the penis it self. The largest are on the scrotum. There are maybe 20 total just on genitals... It sounds a lot to me? This does not include the ones on my toes and foot. I only have 2 very tiny ones on my abdomen and 2 small ones on my left arm. I will wait until dermatologist calls me to say what is the result.

Is it possible to get them on your eye? I have had pigmentation on my eye in 1 corner from 15 years ago but now I see more. I see eye dr once a year and she said not to worry 8 months ago....but she did not know i had spots all over body too as i didn't think the 2 were connected.

What is next step you think?

Thanks

Dr.Deepak
03-17-2012, 06:23 AM
Ouch sorry strawb3rry, i almost forgot this, i was planning to reply later as i was busy moving our site to new server and totally lost your thread. Anyway back to your question. pigmentation on the sclera like yours are common and are usually harmless. They are commonly seen in dark individuals and doesn't possess any harm nor are the sign of any systemic diseases. But some researchers suggest that any changes in the pigmentation or development of more pigmentation on the sclera may warn for a systemic disease or melanoma. Its a very rare case but i would suggest to visit an ophthalmologist as well as dermatologist and discuss about this eye issue in relationship to your other nevus.