PDA

View Full Version : Skin irregularities

babyar1
10-29-2011, 12:27 AM
Hey! So, I'm a 17 year old boy with dark, middle-eastern skin tone, and dealing with skin irregularities. The problem with me is that sometimes I will have glowing and vibrant skin, and I love it. On my face, I have a natural glow, and decently acne-prone. And, my skin tone looks lighter. But, sometimes my skin, everywhere, gets darker in nature. My face becomes uneven, discolored, sometimes red in different areas, and acne prone. The ski around my eyes also seem to turn darker. And my skin overall seems to get a different look, more yellowish than tan.

I have searched countless sites, articles, etc. and have found no solution to my irregularities.I can't seem to pin point my problem, because I have trial and error-ed what seems like everything. I replaced my body wash with the gentle African Black Soap, I've tested many cleansers and use the most gentle - sticking with CeRave, and I've tried a few different moisturizers. I don't exfoliate because I feel like my skin can't handle it. I've stopped showering in hot water, and switched to cool/room temperature water. I exercise and eat extremely healthy (and have been my entire life). And, I shave very carefully (every 4 days, don't get much facial hair).
If there is anything anyone can do, that would be great.

I just want a constant, vibrant skin tone - all over!

P.S. My hair/scalp plays a role in this as well. When skin complexion and everything is good, my hair is vibrant and feels good as well. But, when things seem bad, my hair gets a bit dryer and shows signs of dandruff.

I have had a form of hives (Dermatographic hives) for the past 6 months.

vencasand
10-29-2011, 12:31 PM
get a check up and some blood work done. if you are okay physically than my guess would be hormones and stress. since you actually have vibrant glowing skin most times i am sure you are healthy but it won't hurt to check. when you are under stress it can affect your skin, and hair. try to eat healthy and get enough rest. excercise to work off some of the stress. if your check up is okay don't dwell on your skin when it is not being vibrant. take care of your skin but don't become so upset you make matters worse. hope i helped.

Jenny
12-13-2011, 04:24 AM
I do experience this, sometime i love my skin but sometime its very bad i think what we eat matter a lots.
When i have healthy food the skin is good but when i have fast food then skin get damage and the result in to dullness and dark skin.
So try to improve your eating habits.