PDA

View Full Version : Skin Care And Food

beautydetective
10-11-2011, 11:49 PM
I was browsing online and came across various foods which can do wonders for our skin and reduce the signs of ageing.

Parsley:
Parsley contains free-radical fighting antioxidants, which is good for flushing out impurities as well as cleaning the skin.

Carrots:
Carrots contain a high level of antioxidants that prevent free radical damage to the skin. Carrots also help to maintain our skin cells as well as develop them. Let us not forget that they are a great source of Vitamin A.

Apples:
Apples help to minimise cell and tissue damage and prevent wrinkles and other signs of ageing. Go apples!

Please share more tips.

adampitt587
10-12-2011, 09:12 AM
Avoid greasy fatty foods and processed food.Eat citrus fruits, strawberries, tomatoes, broccoli and cabbage are high in vitamin C which help in reducing wrinkles and fine lines.

Edanur
10-15-2011, 08:16 AM
Our skin needs essential fatty acids. If fish isn’t your thing, try walnuts, flax seed or canola oil. All these will give you an amazing result! Omega 3 and Omega 6 may sound like a Sci-fi flick, but these fatty acids are a must for a beautiful, well moisturized skin.

drew
10-18-2011, 05:53 AM
The carrots and parsley benefits for skin I have never heard of, but the essential fatty acids I have! I HATE FISH and I know well that broccoli is a great source of Omega 3 Fatty Acids, it's a regular part of my diet because of it (and because I love it lol).

I'm pretty stoked on the Apples though, I have literally had an "apple a day" since I was 5 years old and I just turned 25 a month ago and still get told I look 16. I'm attributing it to this serendipitous love of fruit :)

PeterLuong
10-24-2011, 09:36 AM
Yeah, it seems so! They just made one in my area so its a whole new discovery, when I saw the sign of it being made I was like " Oh! The people on my skin site rave about it! " lol, and now I see why, I cant wait to try their stuff. But I wanted to know, how is their natural "peel" different from a chemical peel? It seems more like am exfoliator? so why is it called a peel? Does it have the same affect? and should I use it after I take a shower? or before? wet or dry skin? The instructions says zilch... lol

MrsJ
10-24-2011, 08:51 PM
The funny thing about skin is that people have differnet reactions to different foods. We've all heard about people breaking-out from eating chocolate., I have a friend that swears that Orange juice makes her break out. Neither of these foods seem to have any impact on my skin. So make sure to experiment with people's advise. If you ahve afood you love, but someone says that it will do "XYZ" to your skin - don't just assume they are right. Try experimenting and see what applies to you. There are also "food sensitivity" blood tests you can ask your doctor about.

penshelly
11-10-2011, 02:14 AM
I think vegetables and fruits are one of the most effective food for anti aging, fruits can make our skin beautiful, vegetables can stop our age grow!
it was my own idea!:p

sara145wilson
11-10-2011, 08:25 AM
The food which should be used to reduce the sign of aging are as follows
Avocado, Berries, Calciferous vegetables,garlic, ginger, nuts, soya, whole meal pasta, watermelon, water

jonesbonnie77
11-11-2011, 02:34 AM
Avocado, Berries, Calciferous vegetables,garlic, and etc. is proven but some of us hates vegetables! what's the possible viand to be under go?

larrybrown06
11-18-2011, 05:37 AM
Hello,
My suggestions are
Avoid junk foods, and eat those foods that are suitable for your health and reduce fine lines and wrinkles.

marvzvon
11-21-2011, 02:19 AM
Oh my God I love eating junk foods! Larry thanks for your suggestion. It help a lot
hmmp I also add to drink water at-least 8 glasses a day

Jenny
12-09-2011, 10:02 AM
Having fresh fruits and vegetables are good for skin.
But the most important is you need to have plenty of water, its the foremost things for a healthy skin.

daisygrace
12-13-2011, 05:41 AM
I think vegetables and fruits are one of the most effective food for anti aging, fruits can make our skin beautiful, vegetables can stop our age grow!
it was my own idea!:p

I also think similar to you. food & vegetables are not completely useful for anti aging ,it just help for skin protection.