PDA

View Full Version : any idea what this could be? Skin rash

kycjesus
10-08-2011, 09:28 PM
It comes and goes everyday. usually when i wake up and before i go to bed at night. It forms and then disappears.
around my torso, arms. behind my neck is the worst. and possibly on my scalp near the back because it gets itchy there too.

it's very itchy and obviously scratching it just makes it worse... if i leave it for a while it goes away. any ideas? scabies maybe?

p.s. the photo is right next to my belly button

pepsimax
10-09-2011, 06:04 AM
Hello kycjesus and welcome. I am not an expert but I know the itching of scabies tends to get worse during the night or when the skin is hot. It is also highly contagious so if it is that you want to treat it as soon as you can.
Have you tried searching google for scabies rash pictures to see if this matches what you have?
We have some great people here who know far more about skin conditions than I do so I am sure they will be along soon to offer you better advice.

kycjesus
10-09-2011, 06:16 AM
Hello kycjesus and welcome. I am not an expert but I know the itching of scabies tends to get worse during the night or when the skin is hot. It is also highly contagious so if it is that you want to treat it as soon as you can.
Have you tried searching google for scabies rash pictures to see if this matches what you have?
We have some great people here who know far more about skin conditions than I do so I am sure they will be along soon to offer you better advice.

that's the only thing... my rash looks different to usual scabies rashes! also i live with 7 guys and none of the other guys seem to have it..?

Dr.Deepak
10-09-2011, 11:46 PM
Doesn't look like scabies to me too, but it has some relation with your bed and cloths, could be urticaria due to insect bites ( bed bugs, mosquito etc..) or allergic reaction to some substance you come in contact during bed. Try changing your bed cover and avoid any possible cause if you find out. Taking some over the counter anti-itch medication might relieve your itching but try to find out possible cause if any; like bed bugs, mosquito and any substance to come in contact during bed. Check online for hives or urticaria u might find the solution. let us know if u have anything u would want to know..

kycjesus
10-10-2011, 10:22 PM
Doesn't look like scabies to me too, but it has some relation with your bed and cloths, could be urticaria due to insect bites ( bed bugs, mosquito etc..) or allergic reaction to some substance you come in contact during bed. Try changing your bed cover and avoid any possible cause if you find out. Taking some over the counter anti-itch medication might relieve your itching but try to find out possible cause if any; like bed bugs, mosquito and any substance to come in contact during bed. Check online for hives or urticaria u might find the solution. let us know if u have anything u would want to know..

thanks for the reply.
the thing is, it's not just when i go to my BED that's the issue. it's more the time of the day/night that get's it going. even when i'm sleeping at a different house this will happen!! any ideas?

pepsimax
10-11-2011, 04:21 AM
thanks for the reply.
the thing is, it's not just when i go to my BED that's the issue. it's more the time of the day/night that get's it going. even when i'm sleeping at a different house this will happen!! any ideas?

Take a look at this site about hives. It says a true hive comes and goes. When you press the center of one, it turns white. This is called blanching. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmedhealth/PMH0001848/

Perspiring would make it worse which is why it may affect you wherever you are.
With allergies its often a case of eliminating things to find out what causes the allergy. It could be something going into your body as much as something touching the outside. I recently got a rash around my eyes which I narrowed down to an allergy to my rabbits fur as he was moulting loads. You could try taking antihistamines to see if it reduces the symptoms as it helped for me. Plus I washed my hands after touching my rabbit (he is a house bunny so am in constant contact with him) and I brushed my clothes to reduce the amount of fur around me. Within days everything settled down.
Stay around and don't be afraid to seek more advice from us, or even results if you find something that helps.