PDA

View Full Version : Red skin

Frederik P
10-06-2011, 02:23 PM
Hi everyone.

I started to get some kind of red spots in my face. I feel quite annoyed about it especially after i've shaved. I really hope anyone in here have seen this skin condition and know what i can do to get away with it.

Facts:
My skin looks alot better after i wake up, havent brushed my teeth and taken a shower. But when i take a shower, brush my teeth and shave it looks worse.
The redness is around the cheeks, under my lips and on my nose and around it, which is why i've been thinking about rosacea, but my doctor just said that it's unsual to get at my age (17). If it's related to my issue, i can say that i've also have some scalp problems: which is quite alot dandruff.

I also think that i have parfume allergy.

Pictures:
cheek - http://img254.imageshack.us/img254/6051/fotopk.png
on nose - http://img97.imageshack.us/img97/6671/foto1l.png

Best regards

pepsimax
10-06-2011, 06:01 PM
Hi Frederick and welcome. I am not an expert but it may be a shaving rash caused by the hairs curling in on themselves rather than protruding through the skin. Maybe you can search for this on the net to see if it matches your problem. If it does there will be lots of advice out there. If I am wrong someone will be along to offer you better advice.

vencasand
10-07-2011, 12:28 PM
frederick, welcome, as nikki said i think also the hairs are becoming ingrown. try two things for me. one, get a sharper razor, 2, use a rich emollient shave cream for sensitive skin. warm your face to soften your beard, put the shave cream on and allow to sit for maybe a minute, then shave with a fresh sharp razor. this should help with the razor burn. now as far as could this be connected to your scalp condition, it could. you could have seborhhea dermititis. nothing scary just use a zinc shampoo like head and shoulders or generic there of. if you seem to rash out around the side of your face or your eyebrows you could put some hydrocortisone sparingly on these marks. only use the hydrocortisone when you get these dry red rashes. i hope i helped some. if this doesn't help post here and we will all get together and figure it out.

Dr.Deepak
10-07-2011, 07:31 PM
Yup as said by nikki and brenda, its pseudofolliculitis barbae or commonly called razor bumps. about your nose and the hair, it might be seborrheic dermatitis which is common.

The best way to treat is to avoid shaving the area for at-least 2 weeks or so..in the meantime apply some antibiotics containing clindamycin, mupirocin and if saving is necessary use electric razor, always avoid alcohol, oil or perfume products on the facial area.

Frederik P
10-08-2011, 07:37 AM
Hi and thanks for them warm welcome and good replies. I will try out the good advices. :-)

Dr.Deepak
10-08-2011, 08:06 AM
u r welcome, let us know if u have any questions in mind, we'll try our best to help you. be in touch.