PDA

View Full Version : make up primers

chicque
07-14-2008, 01:56 AM
do you use makeup primers on your skin to ensure that your makeup stays on all day?

i do! and it actually depends on what my makeup is for the day. if its going to be light, and im using my bare escentuals, i use the primer that comes with their get started kit. it really makes my skin very soft!

but if i'm going out to a party, and will most likely pose for a lot of pictures, i use smashbox's photo finish primer.

how about you?

mimico
07-14-2008, 02:13 AM
I use primers as well. Initially, I didn't want to use it because I thought it would clog my pores, but the reverse is actually the truth. Instead of clogging pores, primers help prevent pores from being clogged. It acts like a silicone to fill up open pores and make skin smoother all over.

I also love how primers can make my makeup last longer as it reduces the secretion of oil. I use Smashbox and a cheaper one from The Face Shop (a Korean chain), both of which work well.

I heard that some apply primers after putting on makeup. Has anyone tried this?

chicque
07-14-2008, 02:37 AM
like you said, primers act as a silicon shield to keep makeup from clogging your pores. if you apply primer AFTER you apply makeup, it'll trap the makeup against your pores.

my friend tried this and it made her break out like crazy. ewww.

mimico
07-14-2008, 03:17 AM
like you said, primers act as a silicon shield to keep makeup from clogging your pores. if you apply primer AFTER you apply makeup, it'll trap the makeup against your pores.

my friend tried this and it made her break out like crazy. ewww.

Double eww. Thanks for the advice. I don't know why people even do it. I actually read about applying the primer over makeup in a blog. Good thing I never tried it out myself. :) I just wanted to add that another thing I love about primers is that you can put on any amount, from just a little bit to a lot, and it won't give you a cakey look. :) It's definitely one of my best investments. :)