PDA

View Full Version : Guarantee or Warranty?

mimico
07-14-2008, 01:41 AM
When you go shopping for clothes, tools and other items, do you look out for products with a guarantee or warranty? The difference is so small, but I'm more comfortable with a lifetime warranty than a guarantee. I guess if the guarantee is false, then I can always return the product to the store or to the company, but it's not like a warranty which spells 100% guaranteed. Am I making sense here? I'm sorry if I've confused anyone, I'm not exactly sure about the difference as well. But I'd rather buy products with a lifetime warranty. I've never returned anything yet though... because I think such products were really made to last.

chicque
07-14-2008, 01:49 AM
i really don't think that there are such things as lifetime warranties, because the company supplying them will always find a loophole. but i prefer warranties too, guarantees are nothing to me lol.

allie01
07-16-2008, 05:38 AM
I think warranties and guarantees very important for me because a warranty is a promise or guarantee given. A warranty is usually a written guarantee for a product and declares the maker's responsibility to repair or replace a defective product or its parts. A guarantee is an agreement assuming responsibility to perform, execute, or complete something and offering security for that agreement.