PDA

View Full Version : Skin losing ability to tan??

rafnrafn
08-09-2011, 11:18 PM
I have naturally light skin but as kid and teenage I used to get very tanned and easily. Now at 21 getting tan is much more difficult. I've also started to grey (hair). I've read somewhere that tanning get more difficult after 40 but this seems a bit extreme. I should mention that I don't have white spots lite with vitiligo.

Is this normal?

vencasand
08-10-2011, 12:42 PM
getting a tan or being in the sun all day is not what we call healthy. sunscreen and sunblock protect your skin from the damaging rays of the sun. we try to use sunscreen all the time because the sun can cause all kinds of problems. i have some bad skin growths from over doing it in the sun. i have had 2 removed already and more showing up. please take care of your skin while you are young. use sunscreen. you don't have to avoid the beautiful days in the sun just be cautious about your skin.

rafnrafn
08-11-2011, 10:57 PM
getting a tan or being in the sun all day is not what we call healthy. sunscreen and sunblock protect your skin from the damaging rays of the sun. we try to use sunscreen all the time because the sun can cause all kinds of problems. i have some bad skin growths from over doing it in the sun. i have had 2 removed already and more showing up. please take care of your skin while you are young. use sunscreen. you don't have to avoid the beautiful days in the sun just be cautious about your skin.

Not really what I was asking. I rarely try to get tan but it's becoming much more difficult. So I was wandering if that was normal or something might be wrong.

y34963
08-14-2011, 08:07 PM
I would suggest you see your doctor as to why you cannot tan, I am not sure why you want to though. He/she will most likely tell you what Brenda told you above. Tanning is not healthy and you will pay for it later on.