PDA

View Full Version : Papaya for the skin

mimico
07-14-2008, 01:37 AM
In the Philippines, a lot of whitening soaps and creams are made with papaya extract. This supposedly contains AHA which helps speed up the whitening process. I don't know if it really works. I like papaya the fruit so I eat a lot every week. And I've tried some products made with papaya as well, but don't see any results. WHat's your take on this? Do you think papaya is a good 'whitening' ingredient? Have you tried any papaya-based products?

chicque
07-14-2008, 02:03 AM
when i was younger, my "yaya" (you know what that means!) used to use all these soaps with papaya extracts just to make her skin whiter. they made her skin peel , which in turn made her whiter (but her skin more sensitive to the sun!) and she turned red.

honestly, try to be happy with the skin color your have. don't torture it by whitening treatments!

skincare
07-14-2008, 03:08 AM
I am from the Philippines too. I tried using papaya soaps for my elbow but like Mimico, I did not see a significant result so I stopped using it. I think rubbing a papaya to my elbow is a lot more effective than using papaya soaps.

chicque
07-14-2008, 06:07 AM
I think rubbing a papaya to my elbow is a lot more effective than using papaya soaps.

it most likely is! even though papayas have AHAs, i doubt there is enough concentrations of it in soap form to fully fade your dark spots.

aliva
07-19-2008, 08:28 PM
Do you think papaya is a good 'whitening' ingredient?

Papaya contains protein-digesting enzyme – papain. It dissolves dead cells on the skin’s surface without harming the living one, making it a good exfoliant. So, for this unique properties, papaya based skin products are good.

mimico
07-20-2008, 01:11 AM
it most likely is! even though papayas have AHAs, i doubt there is enough concentrations of it in soap form to fully fade your dark spots.

If you want to use papaya to make elbows whiter, then I think calamansi (Filipino version for lime or lemons) would be much more effective. It's the perfect size as well unless the one you have is dry. I guess lemons would also work well, but I'd rather use it in my salad rather than on my elbows! Papaya and lemon are quite expensive nowadays, so calamansi is the best choice for whitening!

skincare
07-20-2008, 03:20 AM
Using calamansi also works in making the elbows white. What I do is apply the calamansi in my elbows and sometimes on my face and leave for about 5 minutes. It is aslo very effective.

dale91
04-14-2010, 09:25 AM
To make a papaya facial mask:
select a green papaya, one that is not yet fully ripe.
Mash one half of the papaya and combine with a tablespoon of honey.
Cleanse the face with warm water and apply the papaya mask.
Leave on for a half hour and then rinse off.
This can be repeated twice a week to help rebuild skin and prevent wrinkles.

Papayas contain an ingredient called chitinases. Chitinases can cause an allergic reaction in people who have a latex allergy. This type of allergy is called a latex-fruit allergy. People with allergies to latex might be allergic to papayas, so care should be taken. If you suspect an allergy and want to use a papaya facemask, apply the mask to a small area of the face and wait 24 hours. If there is no redness or swelling, it is safe to continue to use the papaya facemask :)

maryf
04-21-2010, 02:22 AM
To make a papaya facial mask:
select a green papaya, one that is not yet fully ripe.
Mash one half of the papaya and combine with a tablespoon of honey.
Cleanse the face with warm water and apply the papaya mask.
Leave on for a half hour and then rinse off.
This can be repeated twice a week to help rebuild skin and prevent wrinkles.

Papayas contain an ingredient called chitinases. Chitinases can cause an allergic reaction in people who have a latex allergy. This type of allergy is called a latex-fruit allergy. People with allergies to latex might be allergic to papayas, so care should be taken. If you suspect an allergy and want to use a papaya facemask, apply the mask to a small area of the face and wait 24 hours. If there is no redness or swelling, it is safe to continue to use the papaya facemask :)

What sort of honey would you recomend with this? Can I just grab anything at the supermarket?? Thanks

y34963
04-21-2010, 03:38 AM
I would recommend Manuka Honey which you can buy in your grocery store or health food store.

Carolsue22
04-23-2010, 02:19 AM
Papaya offers extensive benefits in skin care therapy. When applied to the face, it reduces wrinkles, nourishes the skin with Vitamin A which accelerates the formation of new skin cells, and exfoliates the skin. In addition, it is loaded with Vitamin C, which is an anti-oxidant. The beta-carotene in this fruit protects the skin and promotes elasticity.

maryf
04-24-2010, 12:52 PM
I would recommend Manuka Honey which you can buy in your grocery store or health food store.

Thanks. I'll get some this weekend and give it a go. I've tried eveything else so might as well :)

has007
05-12-2010, 03:13 PM
For me it has worked. I use papaya handmade body soap. It has shown a good result and have whitened my skin.

y34963
05-13-2010, 04:45 AM
Papaya is a can be used as a super face peel mask. It must be left on the skin for at least 10 minutes or so in order to have any effect. Soap, handmade or otherwise, should not be used on the face. I don't see how a face wash can lighten the skin.

betsysmith25
05-27-2010, 11:10 AM
Papaya is the best home made remedy-Apply mashed papaya on the skin, it helps in toning the pores. You can directly apply a mashes papaya on your skin or can put it over a gauge. You need to wash it off with lukewarm water.

y34963
05-28-2010, 03:25 AM
Papaya is a great mask for the skin as well as pumpkin. Apply once a week and the results are wonderful.

emmawatson
06-02-2010, 09:15 AM
Papaya has become known as a leading ingredient in skin whitening products because it contains papain, a natural enzyme that promotes skin renewal and cell turnover. It helps in exfoliating the skin to reveal newer cells, and has restorative properties that soften the skin. To maximize the benefits of papaya, use papaya soap to exfoliate as well as papaya lotion to moisturize your skin.

sunlabs
06-30-2010, 10:51 AM
i would like know about papaya soap?

chinee
09-12-2010, 07:48 AM
Perhaps I would suggest you to try Likas papaya soap. I recommended this to you because I have tried this one and I was very much contented with the result. My skin got fairer than before. So Why dont you give it a try.

saveontans
11-12-2010, 09:25 AM
yah.. papaya is a best for your skin , now a days many skin care cream are made by papaya and other fruits.

Serena
03-19-2011, 02:52 PM
Papaya is an excellent nourisher. I totally agree that this ingredient is an excellent constituent of all skin care regimes and diets.

Dr.Deepak
05-08-2011, 01:40 PM
I just bought a ripe papaya and i'm eating.:) Just checking the forums if someone has a good recipes with ripe papaya.. wow you guys have many tips keep up the good work....

y34963
05-08-2011, 09:17 PM
A papaya facial mask is awesome for the skin. You can use it in place of a pumpkin mask.

Dr.Deepak
05-08-2011, 10:58 PM
Yup i did apply on my face mixed with lemon and yogurt. good for skin whitening..

y34963
05-09-2011, 01:41 AM
It is also good as a peel just like pumpkin is.

lauriemartin101
05-19-2011, 04:26 AM
I'm a fan of beauty products that contains papaya ingredients. It is really effective that make my skin more fairer skin, ;) That kind of soap might not so expensive?

dale91
08-16-2011, 10:32 AM
I love papaya because it readily available and inexpensive. Better use the fruit than go for soaps because they have low level of AHA that is why the result takes much time to manifest.

vencasand
08-16-2011, 12:58 PM
dale91, haven't seen you around for a while. welcome back. i love papaya's doesn't matter how you use them.eat, facemask, dried, i just like the fruit.

priteshppt
08-23-2011, 05:22 AM
I have no idea if it contains AHA or any similar kind of element in it but if you wish to remove your stomach problems then it can help you a lot. Pimples on face can be reduce by eating it regularly.

Dr. Washington
08-25-2011, 09:04 AM
Papaya is great for the skin. It contains the enzyme papain, this has great exfoliating properties removing damage skin as well as dead skin.

It also reduces freckles and brown spots due to excessive sun exposure. It's also good to eat yum!!

SiameseCat
09-06-2011, 08:22 AM
Papaya offers extensive benefits in skin care therapy. When applied to the face, it reduces wrinkles, nourishes the skin with Vitamin A which accelerates the formation of new skin cells, and exfoliates the skin. In addition, it is loaded with Vitamin C, which is an anti-oxidant. The beta-carotene in this fruit protects the skin and promotes elasticity.

Where I am now you really get the fruit easily. Or when you do it's too expensive to use for the face. :D But you get papaya extract for DIY recipes.
Reading here makes me wonder if the extract is chemically changed somehow. It's definitely not acidic, the comments on exfoliation and lightening imply that it's acidic.
But my papaya serum is just moisturizing as mentioned in the quote.

SiameseCat
09-08-2011, 11:21 AM
I meant to say you don't get fresh papaya here. :p

ALTON158
09-29-2011, 11:42 AM
In USA we mostly use liquid soaps and coconut oil for the glow of skin, These liquids water has lots of other ingredients like except coconut, palm oil, olives, milk, and all are ingredient natural not chemical use.

y34963
09-29-2011, 03:57 PM
If you are referring to liquid face wash that companies sell they are not soap. Most people (Women anyway) do not use soap on their face.

dale91
10-10-2011, 01:21 PM
dale91, haven't seen you around for a while. welcome back. i love papaya's doesn't matter how you use them.eat, facemask, dried, i just like the fruit.

Hi dear..just took a long vacation but im gonna be active again...I love papaya too.. fruit or stuff is best for me.

penshelly
11-10-2011, 02:31 AM
Its true that the papaya is the best for the skin, base on my own experience I have a big ugly scar on my leg cause by an accident, I though it won't be erase forever, but my friends give me an advice to use the leaves of papaya and every time I take a bath I scrub on my skin, believe it or not now my scar was disappeared, and I'm so happy! :)

vencasand
11-10-2011, 01:10 PM
the papaya is one of the best plants and fruits that can be used for so many medical applications. it is amazing but i do not live near where the papaya grows. i have to get mine from special shops.

vguidry1985
11-14-2011, 01:59 AM
I love to use papaya for my skin, its proven and tested I always using papaya every time I take a bath now I have beautiful and smooth skin. :D i love love love papaya :love:!!!! Thanks to you..

nstineo
11-15-2011, 03:41 AM
papaya is good for u skin if u eat it. :)

Jenny
11-15-2011, 12:07 PM
I have not tried yet but i have read many benefits about papaya for skin , its very useful.

paulspnao
02-15-2012, 11:50 AM
Papaya contains the enzyme papain that is very helpful for skin. It is helpful in removing the dead skin cells.

skinlover
02-16-2012, 09:43 AM
A papaya face mask sounds a treat, but I do not want to lighten my skin. Should I just use something else? xx

AngelicaParede
03-09-2017, 11:52 AM
papaya is good for u skin if u eat it.
honey is good for ur skin if u put it on ur face as a mask. :)

nhuem
03-31-2017, 07:20 AM
I love papaya , it's really really good for skin, when you eat it usally or mask it on your face 2 times/week. Your skin will brighter, that's my experience

Shizakhan
09-25-2017, 05:41 AM
Papaya is best for face whitening you can use it as a mask and you can make it easily at home. Blend or mash up the soft ripe papaya and add lemon juice and honey and mix it well. First, clean your face and apply this mask on the face for fifteen minutes. After 15 minutes wash it by using warm water to loosen the face mask. Then do a final rinse off with cold water.

Tressie
03-06-2018, 07:30 AM
Papaya is one of my favorite fruits as it can make your skin flawless, courtesy the active enzymes present in it. It helps reduce pigmentation and controls acne breakouts and wrinkle formation. What you need to do is to Soak the cotton balls in the papaya juice, apply this to the affected areas and keep it on for 15 minutes and rinse with cold water. This would definitely make your skin glowing and beautiful.

suruchipurimake
07-21-2018, 05:23 PM
Papaya has skin lightening residences that help clear blemishes and pigmentation (four). ... The enzyme papain, in conjunction with with the alpha-hydroxy acids, acts as a powerful exfoliator and dissolves inactive proteins and dead pores and skin cells (6). This, in turn, will make your skin lighter and softer.

Acne Laser Treatment Cost in Delhi (https://www.drsuruchipurimakeovers.com/acne-scars-laser-treatment/)
Acne Scar Removal Treatment Cost in Delhi (https://www.drsuruchipurimakeovers.com/acne-scars-laser-treatment/)
Laser Acne Scar Removal Cost in Delhi (https://www.drsuruchipurimakeovers.com/acne-scars-laser-treatment/)

Richa94
08-21-2018, 09:08 AM
Many people aware of the nutritional fact of papaya but many of them not aware of the fact that papaya also helps in dealing skin problems ass well.I
personally used ripe papaya in treating acne .Apply its pulp all over the face and after few minutes wash it with Luke warm water and yes it also helps in lightening of skin.