PDA

View Full Version : Oily nails

Young Wolf
08-03-2011, 06:10 AM
Sometimes I wake up and notice my nails are bright pink and VERY shiny. I think it's excess oil.

What is this telling me about my body the connection is has to excess scalp oil, and hair loss I'm suffering because of it.

I like to believe in natural healing and treatments, and hope if I can figure out what is out of whack that is causing this, that I can turn it around... from the inside. :)

mck123
08-03-2011, 09:31 AM
Use astringent on the nails and let them dry and apply nail paint on the nails and you can also apply lemon slices to remove oil and make them shine.

vencasand
08-03-2011, 01:53 PM
i am not a doctor but fingernails have no sweat glands and therefore cannot produce oil. the oil must becoming from somewhere else. i think it is time to turn to a doctor, if you want to go to a naturelist doctor go. but go to a doctor.

lezah
09-16-2011, 03:20 AM
Our nail plate is constantly being bathed by an upward tidal flow of oil and moisture from the underlying nail bed. The oil and moisture keep the nail plate flexible and strong. If you have oily skin, you will have oily nail plates.
For oily nails, you can use astringents like Sea Breeze or other kinds of astringents that are not emollient based.

Jenny
12-05-2011, 06:18 AM
I agree there is no oil secretion through nails, you really need to concern doctor about it.

y34963
12-05-2011, 05:47 PM
Yes, it is time to see a doctor if you are concerned. I am not sure there is a problem though.

I disagree with putting an astringent on your nails. That would dry them out and they could crack then. If that happened infection would set in.

sharncheema
11-24-2014, 04:21 AM
Use astringent on the nails and let them dry and apply nail paint on the nails and you can also apply lemon slices to remove oil and make them shine.

I want to know from you is it really effective.

sharncheema
10-14-2016, 10:24 AM
yes don't take any type of risk with your body

addisoncave
12-05-2016, 07:11 AM
doctor is best sometimes home remedies go wrong.... by which our health effects.

nhuem
12-14-2016, 10:23 AM
Sometimes I wake up and notice my nails are bright pink and VERY shiny. I think it's excess oil.

What is this telling me about my body the connection is has to excess scalp oil, and hair loss I'm suffering because of it.

I like to believe in natural healing and treatments, and hope if I can figure out what is out of whack that is causing this, that I can turn it around... from the inside. :)

so admire with your nail , share me how can you get that

essay
01-12-2017, 01:15 PM
Some people have the problem of their nail plate being too oily, just like their hair or skin. This can lead to problems with their polish staying on because the oil is lifting the base coat off the nail. Some technicians believe the dryer the nail plate, the better the polish will adhere and so they over use product and end up over drying the nail.

If the nail plate is stripped of moisture it will trigger the production of more oil, which will only make the problem worse. Plus over drying the natural nail will make it brittle and more prone to breakage as well as flaking, which will cause the polish to flake. The best solution for an oily nail plate is to clean off the nail plate before polishing without over drying it by using an acetone based polish remover. In addition a base coat that can adjust for moisture and bend with the natural nail will adhere best and be less prone to lifting.