PDA

View Full Version : My Acne Situation

valeous
07-18-2011, 01:48 PM
Hello everyone - first post here,

I thankfully don't have any severe forms of acne. Once in a while (every few weeks or a couple of months even) I would have acne breakouts. I put 10% Benzoyl Peroxide every morning to my face in order to prevent any zits and to reduce the ones that are 'coming of age'.

I find that it's better to 'put out the fire than to put it out later'. Preventing zit formation is better than once you they are fully grown. It takes MONTHS for the black zit mark (don't know the technical term here) to go away. Somtimes I have breakouts where I will 2 to 3 zits on my face all at the same time even though I was using Benzoyl Peroxide. It happened before the start of summer. Must be the warm weather?

Here are my questions:

1) Am I doing the right treatment for my acne situation?

2) How can I prevent/STOP acne breakouts like the one I described above?

3) How can I diminish the marks left behind by zits in the past and have a clearer skin? just give it time? or is there a better way?

Thanks!

Elona
07-25-2011, 06:21 AM
Try using Dari Natural's Soothing Facial Butter. It's made from organic calendula and chamomile and jojoba. It helps to heal huge zits. They literally disappear before they swell up. It also helps to heal post acne spots and scars. I personally can't leave with out these products. I have occasional breakouts on my chin, and this Soothing Butter really helps to heal the scars.

Elona
07-25-2011, 06:34 AM
1) Are you doing the right treatment? I personally try to stay away from any kind of salycilic acid or benzoyl Peroxide on my skin, because it really dries out your skin. You might not notice the negative affects now, but later in years, your skin will start to look dry and dull. Besides, you don't even have an extreme case of acne, so why using such strong chemicals on your skin.
2) What should you do to help cure your acne? Chose healthier alternatives: drinking lots of water, eating healthy, getting plenty of sleep, and also make sure you are using good skin care products. Avoid products that contain: mineral oil (it clogs your pores)alcohol, parabens, too much acids, DEA
3)Try using Dari Natural's Soothing Facial Butter. It's made from unrefined shea butter and it really helps to heal post acne scars and skin blemishes. I had scars on my chin, and I personaly love this product!

Try to stick with natural products. The less is more!

abhinav singh
07-25-2011, 07:53 AM
1)Use natural home remedy cleanser such as baking soda and water.
2)Drink lots of water.
3)Apply salicylic acid peel.
4)By using rosehip seed oil.

valeous
07-27-2011, 05:57 PM
Thanks guys.

Does this butter help PREVENT acne? I want to prevent any breakouts. That's why I use benzoyl peroxide because it's good at diminishing any new breakouts.

Is BP really that bad for your skin? I've been using it for a year or so now. Should I stop ASAP? or apply it once every few days?

Where can I get this butter?

vencasand
07-28-2011, 12:44 PM
you would know if bp was bad for your skin because it would make your skin raw. since you have been using this and it is helping why would you want to stop. the salicylic acid is also good to keep your face clean and exfoliating the dead skin cells. elona is just trying to sell her product. if your face becomes dry use a good moisturizer on it. but don't over do. keep your face clean, eat a well balanced diet. and get excersise.

valeous
07-28-2011, 02:19 PM
WHAT?

Elona is just trying to promote her product?

Well there's two ways to attack acne: Prevention and then Exfoliation (to wipe away the skin blemishes) correct?

I use BP for prevention. But I don't want to use it if it has long-term sideeffects where I will look like an ape in 10 years time? Or it's not really that bad for you? My skin is naturally oily. So I don't notice much of a difference. I do use a moisturizer. I SOMEtimes get a rash or two. Right now I have one around my throat area.

What do I use to wipe away the blemishes?

Elona
07-29-2011, 05:17 PM
This Facial Soothing Butter does not cause acne. It's made from unrefiend shea butter, which is non comedogenic. It also has jojoba oil, calendula and chamomile in it. It soothes skin inflamation and infection. It's non comedogenic, and doesn't clog your pores. Jojoba is actually an excellent treatment for acne and is known as a natural antibiotic. I have occasional acne and just can't leave with out this product. It really helps with those huge swollen zits. I just put it on the spots at night, and next morning my zits are practically gone. And believe it or not, but acne prone skin does need oil to stay healthy. You just need to avoid heavy oil that clog your pores, such as coconut oil, mineral oil, sunflower, vegetable and cocoa butter.

I personally try to stay away from Benzoyl Peroxide, and salicylic acids, because all those chemicals will eventually dehydrate your skin. You might not see those side affects right away, but after few years, your skin will start to look so old and dull. That is why I prefer using natural products. Also, drinking lots of water and green tea help to cleanse pores and keep skin hydrated.

Valeous, this products really helps my acne prone skin. Especially with those deep painful zits. I just put it on the spots overnight and those painful bumps just start to shrink and dissapear in few days. My skin is really light and I used to be very upset over those post acne blemishes, but this soothing facial butter, really helps to heal wounds, scars and discoloration.