View Full Version : Question for guys and kind of clueless.

07-09-2011, 03:27 AM
I am 20 years old brown skin. I was born light skin, and had nothing on my face it was clear. I pretty much never wore sun screen. About 4-5 years ago I started to get weird and ugly dark spots all over my face. Now it has even gotten worst. They are brown, blackish and are all over my face. My skin is also dark now and itís not so light any more. I have started to wear a sunscreen now and also I cleanse my face and put a moisturizer.

Can you guys tell me off something that would help me. I have gotten over 15 microderberasion and they have not helped even a bit. There are so many creams like skin peels, retinols, chemical peel, glycolic peel etc. I have no idea what these things are and which one to get. Is there something that will peel my upper layers and I can keep on getting them till my skin gets little better.

If you guy can recommended me some other products that might work, I will appreciate. I will be seeing a skin doctor very soon. Thanks

07-09-2011, 12:56 PM
i think you should wait and see what the dermatologist says. most of us are not doctors and we can't diagnose or offer help because we can't see what is actually going on with your skin. the derm will look, check out special spots and make a diagnosis. he or she will give you medications to help or suggestions on what to do. wait until you see the derm.

07-09-2011, 03:03 PM
wow 15 microdermabrasions and still no improvement. Where did u get those 15 microdermabrasions, did you go with the professionals or skin expert. Always choose the right trained expert or dermatologist because this procedure, if not done properly will damage the melanocytes resulting in more and severe pigmentation.

Yup visit the dermatologist and get it checked. it might just be any pigmentation disorders like melasma, Freckles or lentigines or may be verruca plana. as you have no pic added its hard to suggest further.

But anyway treatment is to remove the cause so it won't reappear not just treating the lesion. Get suggestion from dermatologist.

07-09-2011, 11:28 PM
thanks for the help guys. I have seen about 2-3 dermatologist before and they all have said the same thing. Its frekcles, sun damage and nothing can be done except for wearing a sun screen. Hopefully this doctor sees some thing else that they did not. I have attached a picture. Thanks


Top picture is the front.
Right is my left cheek there is like a big dark spot and the left one is dark circles under my eyes.