PDA

View Full Version : Athlete’s foot

AdinaP
07-07-2011, 06:22 AM
I wrote a few months ago an article about athlete’s foot.
Well, there was a boy with this problem and was asking for help.

I want a few opinions from you and if you ever had experiences with athlete's foot.

I’ve increased my running activity lately; as well as other sports. I’ve never had a case of athletes foot before. After a run and a trip to the market one day, I began to feel a burning feeling on my right foot. I removed my sneaker to find some peeling. After reading your article that wearing sneakers without socks can cause for a case of athletes foot, I’ve picked up some light socks for running today. The itching was so intense after yesterday’s run, my drive back home, I was moving my toes around in the shoes. Also, I’ve been wearing the same running shoe every day. Is there anything else I should do?

CRun73

I posted his situation because I don't know if I'm allowed to post a link here and I don't want to broke the rules.

Dr.Deepak
07-07-2011, 07:15 AM
First things to do is to avoid wearing that shoe, throw it away atleast for few months. Disinfect your shoes weekly with antifungal foot powder. Wear light loose fitting shoes that has space for air to circulate in-out. Change shocks everyday, only use cotton socks. Apply OTC anti-fungal powders available in the market. Apply antifungal creamscontaining clotrimazole,ketoconazole,butenafine with or without mild steroid preparations. If this doesn't help taking oral medications with topical creams might help.

looks like he is wearing the same shoe everyday, so fungal infection will never go away even if he treats his feet everyday, unless he change his shoe. Most important is to change his shoe and buy a pair of loose, well ventilated shoe and using disinfectants everyday on his shoe.

vencasand
07-07-2011, 01:36 PM
i agree with everything deepak said. the butenafine is supposed to be the strongest out there for athletes foot. athletes foot is a fungal infection. it is contagious. if he paid a lot of money for his running shoes he should at least use an antifungal powder in his shoes as well as his feet. air out the shoes. put the antifungal powder in the shoe after it is dry and put enough you can swish it around the toe area. fungus loves sweaty hot enclosed places. apply the cream, lotion, or spray to the feet and the powder inside. only way to get rid of the fungus. also do this for 2 weeks after the fungal infection has gone away. i would continually use the powder in the shoe to prevent another infection.

roseskin
07-19-2011, 05:02 AM
I agree with vencasand, use the power continuously so that your foot will be cure, and good bye athlete’s foot.