PDA

View Full Version : Skin Care For Dry Skin

freeskincaretip
06-29-2011, 07:44 AM
Hello All,

Here I have explain some tips for dry skin care.Dry skin most often occurs on the shins, hands and sides of the abdomen. It is more common in winter season as the humidity of the air is very low.
The dry skin can be prevented by following the steps mentioned below.
1. Always take a bath with cold water, avoid warm water for having bath.
2. Avoid having longer baths; limit your bath duration for 5 to 7 minutes.
3. Make a habit to apply Moisture right after having taken the bath.
4. Use Moisturizing body soap and hand soap for use.
5. Using heavier creams or ointments during the winter months and lighter lotions in the summer.
This dry skin is mostly seen in people living in colder conditions where the humidity of air is too low. A proper humidity in air is necessary for the skin to be soft and healthy.:)

vencasand
06-29-2011, 02:29 PM
i agree with everything but the one about baths in cold water. i have to have a warm bath or i don't feel clean and my skin hates cold water. now when i say warm i don't mean hot. just warm. everything else i agree with.

y34963
06-29-2011, 05:04 PM
Your tips are great except for the cold water bath. Taking a bath in warm water is fine and will not dry out your skin any more than a cold water bath would. I really couldn't imagine taking a bath in cold water anyway.

vencasand
06-30-2011, 01:56 PM
i had to do that when my furnace was broken. oil furnace heats my water. it sucked!! i didn't feel clean. my hair didn't feel rinsed enough. i was so glad when we got our furnaced fixed!!

paulspnao
07-06-2011, 08:12 AM
Your tips are great except for the cold water bath. Taking a bath in warm water is fine and will not dry out your skin any more than a cold water bath would. I really couldn't imagine taking a bath in cold water anyway. Dry skin has a low level of sebum and can be prone to sensitivity. The skin has a parched look caused by its inability to retain moisture. It usually feels "tight" and uncomfortable after washing unless some type of moisturizer or skin cream is applied. Chapping and cracking are signs of extremely dry, dehydrated skin.
Dryness is exacerbated by wind, extremes of temperature and air-conditioning, all of which cause the skin to flake, chap and feel tight. This type of skin is tightly drawn over bones. It looks dull, especially on the cheeks and around the eyes. There may be tiny expression lines on these spots and at the comers of the mouth.

pepsimax
07-06-2011, 09:05 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong please. But I always thought you'd use cold water after washing to close the pores but surely you need the warm water to open and cleanse them.

vencasand
07-06-2011, 12:48 PM
thats what i was always told, nikki. when i went to cosmetology school they always taught us to wash and rinse with warm water and finish with cool water. that was a long time ago so may be things have changed but i really don't think so!

pepsimax
07-07-2011, 02:41 PM
I always flick the shower to cold water for the last few seconds (milliseconds in the winter) and splash cold water on my face after washing. Sometimes when my face doesn't feel too dry, I rub an ice cube over it for an instant facelift. :p

freeskincaretip
07-12-2011, 12:34 PM
Thanks to all of you guys for co-operate with me. please Keep in touch I will give You more tips for your healthy skin in my new thread.:)

katheryngumb
11-16-2016, 02:30 AM
Thank you for sharing your tips for skin care.

addisoncave
11-24-2016, 07:14 AM
we can follow every rule but not cold water this instruction is same as to keep our hair shiny take head bath with cold water to keep our shining hair in winter also.