View Full Version : Acquired progressive kinking of the hair??!!

06-24-2011, 12:19 PM
I am a 37 year old female with a hair problem that I can't find an answer to. I'm posting my situation as many places as I can in hopes of finding someone with similiar issues or answers to mine. About seven years ago my hair texture started changing. Along my part and the nape of my neck my hair is dry brittle wirey and breaks of real easy. It looks like pubic hair and is actually a darker ugly shade of red than the rest of my hair. The affected areas inthe last year or so have also ceased growing. The rest of my hair grows normally. The only thing I have found on- line is something called acquired progressive kinking of the hair which is very rare and more common in males that females. It is believed to be to an androgenic disorder which leads to androgenic alopecia. My doctor blows me off and will basically only run a thyroid panel which is always normal. If anyone has any information or knows someone that does PLEASE, PLEASE let me know. Any information will be appreciated.

06-24-2011, 01:45 PM
go to a gynecologist and have your hormones tested. there are over the counter saliva tests you can do but you have to send them away to calculate your horomonal level.

08-19-2011, 09:05 PM
Thank you for the reply but I have already tried that and since I am lacking any other symtoms, they refuse to test my hormone levels.