PDA

View Full Version : I have odd bumps on my my shoulder.

ealle
06-16-2011, 12:20 AM
I have a small, slightly painful bump on my shoulder. I don't know if it is anything to worry about, but my family has a history of skin cancer. My grandpa (no blood relation) has odd little bumps on his arm that resemble my bump. My grandmother identified them as skin cancer (she has had skin cancer). Could someone give me some possibilities of what it might be?

pepsimax
06-16-2011, 05:43 AM
If you have any concern it may be cancer I would get straight to a doctors and get it checked out. Better safe than sorry if there is a history of cancer in your family.

vencasand
06-16-2011, 01:30 PM
i agree with Nikki, see a doctor. it just might be an ingrown hair, or a pimple but go to a doctor or a derm so you can stop worrying.

Dr.Deepak
06-19-2011, 06:19 PM
Without seeing the pic its hard to say. it might just be acne or Folliculitis. Is it fixed to the skin or movable ? Is it soft or hard smooth or irregular ? any changes in shape and size currently? How old are you..?

Yea as Nikki and brenda suggested if you are unsure about it please visit a doctor and get checked, if there is any suspicion your doctor may perform biopsy to confirm the case. If you could help us by posting a picture we could suggest you further.

skinny
08-03-2011, 09:46 PM
I agree. I would hate to give you bad advice here. The best thing that you can do is see a doctor and have it looked at. You really don't want to take a chance when it comes to your health.