PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Scent

y34963
06-09-2011, 04:18 AM
I would like to know what favorite scent of skin care products you prefer especially for body butters and lotions. Your comments would be very much appreciated. Thanks! :)

vencasand
06-09-2011, 12:44 PM
that is easy vanilla+light lavender, vanilla or chocolate scents, and i love light spicy like opium perfume. i love the scent of cinnamon,apple,orange, and cloves, expecially around christmas

y34963
06-09-2011, 11:45 PM
Thanks Brenda, all those scents are lovely.

soccer2011
06-10-2011, 03:51 PM
I always avoid anything floral! I can't stand the smell of rose-scented lotions. I love anything that smells like cocoa butter, so I guess a chocolate scent. I also love citrus smells, they make me feel energized!

y34963
06-11-2011, 08:10 PM
Thanks socce2001. Chocolate is a popular scent too. Did you know chocolate is also a wonderful product to use for a face mask?

Everyone love citrus, good for waking us up and keeping us going throughout the day.

Thank you for your suggestions, much appreciated.

SiameseCat
09-06-2011, 08:35 AM
I'm delighted to see the love for Opium! It's my holy grail of perfumes, though it's too special to use daily.
In skincare I prefer unscented or very low-key smelling because I mostly use perfume. Cocoa butter or a slight hint of citrus, cedar or vanilla is as far as I go. Depending on the ingredients (and smells) of any of my DIY recipes, sometimes I add nothing at all.

vencasand
09-06-2011, 02:27 PM
yes opium perfum is the only one i use and i do use it very sparingly. i ran out and can't afford to buy more right now. opium lasts forever on me. but like i said you have to use very little. i used to buy the ones that you can just dab on. the spray is way too much.

SiameseCat
09-06-2011, 03:37 PM
yes opium perfum is the only one i use and i do use it very sparingly. i ran out and can't afford to buy more right now. opium lasts forever on me. but like i said you have to use very little. i used to buy the ones that you can just dab on. the spray is way too much.

Sounds like you mean the pure perfume? That's wonderful. If you're looking to replace it, I'd recommend getting one that's a few years old. They've recently changed the formula. Many online shops still have the original composition.

You must be quite glamorous to use it regularly. I'm a bit envious, to me it's strictly an occasion perfume. I couldn't get away with it in daily life.

vencasand
09-07-2011, 01:00 PM
no, i am far from glamorous!!!! i used to wear it to work!! everyone always said i smelled good if they got close or i walked by them. i am a country girl trying to survive. i haven't had the opium perfume for quite a while. when did they change the formula? just as well i can't afford it now anyway. next time i get to a department store i will see what it smells like now. thanks for the info. why do they always change things that work???????

SiameseCat
09-07-2011, 04:06 PM
You're so right! Why mess with perfection?! I think it happened in the last 2 years, whenever they introduced the new bottle design.
But properly stored perfume, especially when it's sealed, can last decades. You'll have no problem finding the original version, at least online.
I've sniffed a bottle without testing it on the skin. It's fine, but people say it's weaker than it used to be.
I definitely need a vintage pure perfume soon as a back-up.

onlinerewardz
09-22-2011, 02:55 PM
well i prefer a very mild and soft scent like the one peculiar to many friuts like apple.i do not like a scent to be too strong as it may always announce my presence in any place i go.@ siamese cat i too have tried vintage perfume and i like the fragrance they are mild and long lasting

vencasand
09-23-2011, 01:44 PM
maybe the old formula lasted so long on people that they figured if the scent was weaker people would use more and therefore buy more. i don't like heavy perfumes either. when i did wear opium i just used it at my pulse points. i also get compliments now if i use fragranced cream or lotion.

SiameseCat
09-23-2011, 06:32 PM
I've never tried the pure perfume (vintage) on myself. But I've smelled it on others. It was very balanced, low-key but long-lasting.
I wouldn't be surprised if that was considered to be counter-productive for sales. :mad:

skinlover
03-21-2012, 07:47 AM
cocoa butter moisturisers and coconut or vanilla smelling body scrubs are such a treat!
:)
xx

vencasand
03-21-2012, 12:51 PM
my girlfriend at work had on the new opium perfum. i kept smelling cinnamon and spices. finally i found out she had on the new perfume! i like the new scent very much. it is lighter an probably will be for any age. that is if you are rich!

Rach
05-15-2012, 06:03 AM
I like cool water, it feels soft and gentle on my skin and has a nice scent

vencasand
05-15-2012, 12:32 PM
lucy i love the smell of cocoa butter and vanilla also. coconut is okay if blendend into another scent. rachel, my daughter uses cool water. she loves it.

BRTCskincare
06-22-2012, 04:52 PM
Jasmine! Jasmine is a great natural scent plus jasmine also has some great healthy properties. For example, jasmine has been proven to lower your heart rate, put one in a calm mood and reduce stress among other great qualities. Look for creams and lotions that contain jasmine to get the most benefits.

Kwr1992
07-10-2012, 10:28 AM
I would like to know what favorite scent of skin care products you prefer especially for body butters and lotions. Your comments would be very much appreciated. Thanks! :)

My favourite scent has to be something citrussy, like lemon and almond facial butter; it always seems so fresh on the face with a smell like that - seems like it's doing a better job somehow!

kimclara
09-10-2012, 09:22 PM
I love citrus scents too. They smell so good.

breonnajackson
09-24-2012, 05:41 AM
You're so right! Why mess with perfection?! I think it happened in the last 2 years, whenever they introduced the new bottle design.
But properly stored perfume, especially when it's sealed, can last decades. You'll have no problem finding the original version, at least online.
I've sniffed a bottle without testing it on the skin. It's fine, but people say it's weaker than it used to be.
I definitely need a vintage pure perfume soon as a back-up.
Yes you are right!!!

vjykmr89
10-08-2012, 07:21 AM
The new Armania by Armani.. It's so light and scent capturing. It's truly unbelievable. I receive it as a gift from my employer, and now I buy 2 at a time before they discontinue.

Blondie
10-08-2012, 01:14 PM
For hair products, I like fruity and floral scents. (I would give anything to have a shampoo that smells like Bath & Body Work's black currant vanilla!) For lotions and body butters, I think it's wise to shy away from scents because there are so many irritating fragrances. But I like to occasionally indulge in either fruity+floral scents and/or incense-y scents. Myrrh and gardenia seem like they were made for each other, lol.

When I make my own scents, I tend to add benzoin and/or bergamot to absolutely everything. For some reason, those two seem to make other notes blend with each other more easily. Maybe my nose is just strange.

stevex
08-08-2014, 04:44 AM
I use BabyScent Natural Skin Care Products.

Pantherkaur
08-09-2014, 05:21 AM
I prefer soft scent. I use Jasmine natural scent. I love this fragrance.

marclewis
04-10-2015, 05:16 AM
I use Vaseline healthy even tone cream. It's scent is so good.

stevex
10-29-2016, 11:04 AM
i love chcolate like scent and i mostly prefer moonlight path.

MagicMan
10-31-2016, 03:19 AM
I love the coconut smells of suntan lotion.

addisoncave
11-28-2016, 05:09 AM
I love moonlight path and also in my budget i use it from last year.

DanielLee5
07-09-2017, 07:14 AM
Miss Dior
La vie es Belle