PDA

View Full Version : Skin Brighteners: Tumeric and Honey Recipe

totalhealth
06-05-2011, 09:49 PM
Now, more than ever, people are becoming aesthetic conscious. Both men and women want to look good but having dark pigmentation patches or skin blemishes can make you feel self-conscious. An even skin tone is one of the most powerful fashion statements one can have. You can spend money on skin lightening products that can be expensive but many people prefer to go down the natural skin lightening route. There are many natural products that can be used to remove a tan, fade dark marks and generally lighten the skin tone.

http://media.rd.com/rd/images/rdc/mag0905/turmeric-af.jpg

In this article, you’ll discover how to use inexpensive honey and turmeric powder that you can purchase from your local grocery store to make a face mask that can lighten your skin tone and fade dark blemishes.

Honey and Turmeric Facial Mask

All you need is a bottle of honey (raw organic honey is best) and a bottle of turmeric from your local grocery store’s spice aisle. Use a teaspoon of turmeric powder and a tablespoon of the honey and mix them together in a small bowl or cup. After washing your face with your usual face wash, dry with a clean towel then apply the turmeric face mask. Turmeric stains fabrics so it is best to do this in the bathroom wearing an old t-shirt and be careful not to drop any of the paste on the carpet!

Rub the face mask on your face using gentle circular motions, wash your hands and leave the mask on your face for about 20 minutes. The honey will most likely drip down your face so keep some tissue with you to catch any drips.

After the 20 minutes is up, wash the mask off your face with warm water, do one more wash with your usual face wash and then do a final rinse with cold water to close your pores.

Honey has anti-bacterial properties and turmeric has anti-inflammatory properties so together they will work to draw impurities from your skin and reduce blemishes. Your skin will feel smoother and softer immediately. Use this face mask twice a week and you will start to see that your dark marks are fading after just 3-4 weeks.
http://www.daveabreuphotography.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/1153.jpg

Replace fear of the unknown with curiosity.

vencasand
06-06-2011, 12:43 PM
i take a turmeric capsule once every other day but i never thought to use it as a face mask. i just had some suspicious spots removed from my face but as soon as they are healed i will try this.

abhinav singh
06-06-2011, 01:11 PM
Turmeric is really helpful to get the skin better by removing the black spots.

totalhealth
06-16-2011, 10:10 PM
i take a turmeric capsule once every other day but i never thought to use it as a face mask. i just had some suspicious spots removed from my face but as soon as they are healed i will try this.
Hey Brenda:
It not only naturally whiten those spots but will give you smoother skin.

vencasand
06-17-2011, 01:21 PM
i trully need this. my skin is soft but it has some dermal melasma on the left side of my face from driving. i forgot sunblock for about 3 days and this is what happens. thanks all of you for your answers and comments and advice.

Serena
06-18-2011, 10:20 AM
Turmeric is a theraupetic herb which cures most of the ailments of skin and body. It is a perfect ingredient which treats skin ordeals and leave your skin blemish free. The skin beems with radiance however, the best way to use the herb is to purchase pieces of raw turmeric from a grocery store and make a paste after washing and cutting. Remember to wear a pair of gloves as turmeric stains. Apply a mix of lemon juice and raw milk with turmeric and honey for best results. For those suffering from problems like acne and pimples, applying a face mask made from turmeric, neem paste, honey and lime juice. Always use lukewarm water to remove facial masks and obtain a soft and smooth skin.

Edanur
10-14-2011, 01:10 PM
Here is another one for brightening skin:

A fruit peel can be made with one cup of fresh pineapple, a half cup of papaya and two tablespoons of honey. Once the ingredients are placed in a blender and pureed, apply the mixture to your face and leave it on for two to five minutes before rinsing with cool water. Leave it on sensitive skin for about two minutes.

y34963
10-16-2011, 04:37 PM
Absolutely pineapple and papaya awesome ingredients for facials. Try fresh pureed pumpkin too.

Nice easy recipe Edanur, thank you.

Carolhardin
10-21-2011, 04:25 AM
Turmeric is one of the best natural remedy for skin care. It is really good to get the glowing and clear skin.

larrybrown06
11-05-2011, 05:38 AM
Turmeric is very useful for our skin.
Thanks for sharing a wonderful post.
It's really great.

Dr.Saiyan
11-05-2011, 06:30 AM
Turmeric is a theraupetic herb which cures most of the ailments of skin and body. It is a perfect ingredient which treats skin ordeals and leave your skin blemish free. The skin beems with radiance however, the best way to use the herb is to purchase pieces of raw turmeric from a grocery store and make a paste after washing and cutting. Remember to wear a pair of gloves as turmeric stains. Apply a mix of lemon juice and raw milk with turmeric and honey for best results. For those suffering from problems like acne and pimples, applying a face mask made from turmeric, neem paste, honey and lime juice. Always use lukewarm water to remove facial masks and obtain a soft and smooth skin.

Thanks serena i think this very useful peace of information.

koydranreb
11-22-2011, 03:33 AM
Larry I have never tried, that was no side effect?

paulspnao
02-24-2012, 10:21 AM
Honey has anti-bacterial properties and turmeric has anti-inflammatory properties so together they will work to draw impurities from your skin and reduce blemishes. Your skin will feel smoother and softer immediately.

Rach
05-15-2012, 06:05 AM
won't the tumeric stain the skin

vencasand
05-15-2012, 12:28 PM
If you mix the turmeric with other ingredients i think it washes off completely. no staining

lialla
10-05-2012, 10:02 AM
Turmeric really is helpful in in lightning skin but can anyone tell is it useful in removing tan due to regular exposure to sunlight and regular travelling.

Sabina
10-05-2012, 11:11 AM
Turmeric really is helpful in in lightning skin but can anyone tell is it useful in removing tan due to regular exposure to sunlight and regular travelling.

Mix turmeric powder with cucumber and apply on the area. Rinse after 20 minutes
OR
Make a paste with turmeric powder, saffron and lemon juice and apply on the tan area, this will help lighten the area.

Doracollis03
10-06-2012, 07:36 AM
This is really a very helpful recipe!!!

vjykmr89
10-11-2012, 07:19 AM
great recipe, i think this recipe is used on the occasion of marriage for brighten the face of bride :)

rubyJacksonn
10-20-2012, 09:00 AM
Home remedies are best for skin purpose because they have no chemical reaction.
Use turmeric powder with a tablespoon of lemon juice. Lemon juice is an excellent exfoliant and a natural bleaching agent. Basically, lemon juice can prove wonders for your complexion and can flawlessly fade dark spots.
this homemade remedy work for you

Good Luck!

rubyJacksonn
11-03-2012, 06:35 AM
Turmeric is a warm, yellow, earthy, slightly bitter spice used in ritual, medicine, and cooking. Turmeric paste is applied to bride and groom before marriage in some places of India, Bangladesh, and Pakistan. Although a deep yellow color, turmeric makes a poor fabric dye because it quickly fades when exposed to light. Turmeric can be used as an indicator of acidic or basic properties of a substance.

Sydney Stevens
01-22-2013, 09:58 AM
I wish I had known about turmeric before I bought expensive creams that didn't work and high-end makeup to cover the left over pigmentation spots from my acne. I've been using turmeric masks for about 3 weeks, a few times a week and i have already seen my spots reduce in size and color. Current acne spots are also going away much easier.
i mix turmeric and milk to a paste, as i have found that reduces the yellowness the best, and wear the mask for about 15 minutes before washing off.

stellamandy96
04-02-2013, 10:15 AM
I will use this face mask twice a week, and my face is really glowing. Generally, I use Colza Raw Honey, and I purchase it from b-honey.be/.

In addition, I use some natural skin-care products, which are made with “Tamanu Oil”. Those products are really good for all types of skin.

hemantlatawa
07-20-2013, 09:27 AM
Turmeric slow down cell damage and improves skin’s texture.
It helps with inflammatory skin conditions, such as acne, dry skin.
It helps reduce pigmentation and even out the skin tone.
It is also said to diminish wrinkles.

kevinkrieger
01-21-2014, 05:03 AM
I use honey turmeric facial mask once a week for 20 minutes. After washing i found it makes my skin look younger, clear, fresh and smooth just like babies.

ChristinaRose
03-12-2014, 01:13 AM
Yep, honey and turmeric works great for making skin brighter and softer. Those with dry skin or sensitive skin can add raw milk.

Emma Brown
03-31-2014, 10:12 AM
Since this paste is very famous in Indian wedding culture. This paste have the property to make the skin glowing and if we add pure rose water in this paste then anyone will be shocked after seeing the effects.

Emily Kristina
05-01-2014, 07:49 AM
Turmeric is really great for our skin. I use turmeric face mask once a week on my skin. It makes my skin very clear.

danny
06-02-2014, 07:09 AM
Hi, would it be more effective to exfoliate first before applying any of these great recipes? Thanks in advance.

hadley
06-16-2014, 07:25 PM
Will turmeric really stain my skin?

danny
07-15-2014, 09:28 AM
I wondered about staining too. Has anyone tried honey and lemon juice?

stevex
08-01-2014, 04:31 AM
Tumeric is easily accessible and having good features at low cost natural product. I have try, it gives sufficient results

Sindhia
11-21-2017, 09:59 AM
Turmeric and honey, which are both natural skin bleaching ingredients will bring a beautiful glow to your face.Turmeric is an Eastern spice that is popularly used to bring a natural shine to skin. Honey is a natural bleach and contains anti-inflammatory and antiseptic properties that will promote a smooth skin complexion.

Honey and Turmeric face mask
Ingredients

1 teaspoon organic liquid honey
A pinch of turmeric powder

1. Fetch your ingredients. You will need a teaspoon of organic honey. Try not to use the regular honey in a bear bottle as this contains additives that may irritate your skin. Use only a pinch of turmeric powder. More than this might stain your skin yellow.

2. Pour the honey into a small bowl. Stir in the turmeric until you get a thick even consistency.Turmeric Honey Face Mask Mix it all up!
3. Apply this Mask on face and rinse after 15-20 Mins .

Hyster
12-07-2017, 04:19 PM
Turmeric is really a good remedy for glowing skin and I would love tot try this remedy next week. I have also collected a lot of tips for glowing skin.

Thanks for this piece of information :)

Shizakhan
01-03-2018, 09:38 AM
Turmeric may also revive your skin by bringing out its natural glow. You may want to try a turmeric face mask at home to see if the spice has any positive effects on your skin. You can mix small amounts of Greek yogurt, honey, and turmeric together and apply to your face.
Wallace shares four of the main skin-saving properties of honey. Acne: Honey is naturally antibacterial, so it's great for acne treatment and prevention. Aging: Full of antioxidants, it is great for slowing down aging. Complexion boost: It is extremely moisturizing and soothing, so it helps create a glow.

Tressie
03-31-2018, 11:19 AM
Tumeric actually has antiseptic, antibacterial, anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties when used topically on skin. It is one of my favorite ingredients as it really works very well on skin.