PDA

View Full Version : I have a weird bump on my shoulder

Roc
04-21-2011, 02:58 AM
I have a weird red bump on my shoulder, and I've had it for a little over a year now. At first I thought it would eventually go away but apparently not. It's less than a centimeter in diameter, and I feel no pain from it. I don't know whether or not I'm supposed be worried about it. Thus, I stumbled upon this website to ask about it.

http://img269.imageshack.us/img269/6214/57646702.jpg

Dr.Deepak
04-21-2011, 04:36 AM
Looks like Keloid to me. But palpation would more confirm the case, as there are other disease that resemble this like Dermatofibroma. But just looking at the pic, it looks like Keloids. In both of the cases they are not life threatening.

Keloids are rather difficult to treat. There are many sites that sells products that promise to remove the keloids but i just want to stress that non of the treatment is successful. I would rather prefer a dermatologist visit and get suggestions.

Intralesional corticosteroids injection with triamcinolone acetnide or diacetate once every months is suggested for good results. Other options like Lasers, Silicone sheets, retinoids, cryotherapy, interferons injection, radiations and surgery have been tried with some success. But these might depend on person to person. So my suggestion is to visit a dermatologist and talk about the options that might work for you. Don't worry, this doesn't look like malignant and not a life threatening.

Roc
04-23-2011, 03:00 AM
Thanks, I appreciate your response

Dr.Deepak
04-23-2011, 06:45 AM
you are welcome.:) feel free to ask anything. be in touch.