PDA

View Full Version : DIY egg facial mask

Kitty Qing
04-14-2011, 05:41 AM
Hey, friends! Does anybody use egg facial mask and have good experience?

I often use egg to make some kinds of facial mask. It is very good.
egg yellow + honey for dry skin
egg white + honey for oily skin
Also you can add some flour into it.

mac38
04-14-2011, 05:50 AM
egg on face yukkkk

bevans43
04-14-2011, 02:05 PM
How long have you been using this? Haven't heard much more tried this one...

y34963
04-14-2011, 03:47 PM
Actually, Kitty's recipe is very good. Egg has been used for facials for years. Just egg whites on the face will provide nutrients and tighten the skin.

lifecellskin
04-15-2011, 06:32 AM
How does honey help in skin care. It provides which vitamin to our skin?

y34963
04-15-2011, 03:25 PM
Honey acts as a moisturizer and it has humectant qualities. It is used in all spans of skin care from cleansers to moisturizers. It makes super shampoo as well. It is also used as an Antioxidant.

Kitty Qing
04-16-2011, 04:34 AM
YES, I usually use this facial mask one time once a week. Apply it on your face with brush and massage till it is dry. After 20~20 minutes, you can wash it.

Serena
04-17-2011, 11:06 AM
How does honey help in skin care. It provides which vitamin to our skin?

Honey is perhaps the most valuable and active qualities found in nature. It consists of a unique combination of substances that account for its theraupetic properties. The healing touch that the ingredient provides to the skin and body is remarkable.

Honey works incredibly well for facial dryness, patches, skin whitening, excessive coarse surface, rough textures and more. It works well as a hair nourisher and rinser which provides a remarkably shinny and healthy hair texture.

Kitty Qing
05-05-2011, 08:13 AM
yes, it really works. And we can add some dropps of lemon in the mixture. The lemon is good for acne.

pepsimax
06-16-2011, 03:16 PM
Actually, Kitty's recipe is very good. Egg has been used for facials for years. Just egg whites on the face will provide nutrients and tighten the skin.

OK dumb questions coming up...
What % of egg and honey would you use?
What about just egg whites, would you just mix it then use it like a cleanser or leave it on for a while?

Peter Lee
07-14-2011, 05:32 AM
Honey is perhaps the most valuable and active qualities found in nature. It consists of a unique combination of substances that account for its theraupetic properties. The healing touch that the ingredient provides to the skin and body is remarkable.

Honey works incredibly well for facial dryness, patches, skin whitening, excessive coarse surface, rough textures and more. It works well as a hair nourisher and rinser which provides a remarkably shinny and healthy hair texture.

Does Honey also work for oily skin? I can not use lemon on my skin, can I use only honey and how long I should apply it on my face.

y34963
07-14-2011, 10:54 PM
Lemon and honey are great for your skin. You can use honey only if you wish. Apply it to your skin and leave it on for a few minutes then take off with warm water.

AdinaP
07-15-2011, 10:03 AM
Does Honey also work for oily skin? I can not use lemon on my skin, can I use only honey and how long I should apply it on my face.

And don't abuse.
If you will do this mask to often you may have some problems with your skin.

Peter Lee
07-18-2011, 08:59 AM
And don't abuse.
If you will do this mask to often you may have some problems with your skin.

Thanks Adina to aware me for its side effects. Can you please explain what kind of problems may be occur on my skin as I still not used this but was thinking about to try it.

vencasand
07-18-2011, 01:50 PM
you can use this mask once a week with no problem. i think Adina meant not to use it daily. masks are usually used only once or twice a week.

sampath
07-28-2011, 04:40 PM
I did a DIY mask today, with ultra simple ingredients.

1. Take an egg, break the egg, filter the egg yolk, we need only the egg white.
2. Take some facial cotton and seperate one piece into about 3 layers, if only 2 layers, it’s going to soak up alot of egg
3. Squeeze some lemon into the egg white
4. Slowly dip the cotton into the egg white and place the cotton over your face
5. Lie down and chill.

Egg white is known to have firming effect for your face. When the eggwhite cotton hardens on your nose, the blackheads will easily come off together with your cotton. But, do not peel so hard so that you don’t peel off your skin as well. I added lemon into the mask to lighten the smell of eggwhite, and also the lemon whitens your face! Double happiness!

You can leave the mask on for about 15 mins or till it dries, but, do not continue if irritation appears, such as itchiness and redness. Wash your face clean with water after peeling off the cotton and pat on your toner and mosturizer. This recipe is strongly recommended for those who want to be beautiful but with limited budget. It’s very good.

Peter Lee
07-29-2011, 09:47 AM
Good recipe....

Jenny
11-11-2011, 11:25 AM
Egg in face mask ,don't it leave a bad smell on skin..........Its good to use but we again need to do something to get rid of smell.

koydranreb
11-22-2011, 03:17 AM
I dont like to use egg for facial mask. it smell wahh!! I can't take it..:confused:

y34963
11-22-2011, 02:38 PM
koyddranreb in the previous post you recommended an egg mask.

skinlover
02-16-2012, 10:22 AM
Good ideas, I love using honey and lemon as a face mask, they must be my favourite ingrediants to use now! Or by adding oats to the mix you have an instant exfoliator. :)

And lets not copy off anyone guys, o.k, let's keep our ideas original. :)!

kevinkrieger
01-21-2014, 05:33 AM
Contribute in maintaining the elasticity of skin. Also helps get rid of large pores, acne or other rashes.

Terry
02-03-2014, 07:04 AM
YES, I usually use this facial mask . Add Drops of Lemon too. it is also good.

turf
02-03-2014, 11:51 AM
what can lemon do for the skin?

Melissa
02-08-2014, 07:27 AM
Egg is always very useful fir your skin, but I hate it because it stinks a lot, that's why I have chosen revitol skin brightening cram (http://www.revitoldirect.com/products/skin-brightner) to take care of my skin naturally. It's 100% organic..!!

kevinkrieger
03-10-2014, 06:08 AM
Lemon juice helps removal of the oldest dead skin cells and diminishes the appearance of freckles and age spots on the face.

ChristinaRose
03-12-2014, 12:57 AM
Lemon works wonders to remove dead cells, lighten scars and marks, regulates sebum production and acts a gentle toner ... it also helps curb acne breakouts.... However, lemon makes your skin photosensitive ... so avoid direct sunlight for at least 24 hours or use a good sunscreen!

Pantherkaur
08-21-2014, 11:47 AM
I know egg mask is very beneficial for skin but I can't use it.
I apply honey mask add into some drops of lime juice. It is the best for my skin.

deryoy
08-22-2014, 07:34 AM
egg on face yukkkk , How long have you been using this?

marclewis
08-27-2014, 04:38 AM
It is great for nourishing skin giving your face a healthy glow.