PDA

View Full Version : Do I have an allergy? How can I prevent this?

Neeta
07-12-2008, 09:08 PM
I have been applying a good brand of sun block (SPF 50) for quite sometime, yet everytime I go out in the sun the skin around my eyes and nose turn red and begin to itch. Do I have an allergy? How can I prevent this?

Dr.Deepak
07-12-2008, 09:21 PM
Sunscreen SPF for Asian skin should be 15 to 30. The method for application of sun block should be as follows -

1. Wash your face (a must) before applying the sun block.
2. A minimum of five ml cream is required which may be applied in single or in divided doses before 8am daily. Do not forget to apply cream to other exposed parts of the body. If sunscreen lotions are applied the right way, conditions like sun allergy and Melasma can be prevented. However, if the irritation persists, please consult a good dermatologist.

Starchild47
07-16-2008, 06:39 AM
I have read and heard from some dermatologists that if you have sensitive skin especially with sun exposure yes use the SPF that is mentioned above however it is recommended to apply it every 30-45 minutes during the exposure. This is a lot more than most labels tell you to use it but it will keep you much better covered against UV rays if you do this.