PDA

View Full Version : Need A Face Wash Recipe

Serena
04-11-2011, 03:11 PM
My skin is just oily which means that it does not happen to produce excessive oil nor it is free from such secretions. This leads to problems of acne and eruptions at times. I use a chemical based Face Wash to cleanse the facial surface. However, my skin becomes extremely dry post usage.

I want a Face Wash recipe which is prepared from natural ingredients. I would also like to know how I can store the formulation so that it can be used for a long time.

Kitty Qing
04-12-2011, 08:43 AM
I have one good way, maybe you can try it. Firstly you need to clean your face thoroughly, then papare a washbasin with boiled water. You can steam your face by the hot steam for several minutes then cover your face for three minutes with a big towel. At that time, your pores are all open and released the dirty things. At last, put the toner, essence, facial cream on your face. You will feel very well.

Serena
04-13-2011, 06:38 AM
I have one good way, maybe you can try it. Firstly you need to clean your face thoroughly, then papare a washbasin with boiled water. You can steam your face by the hot steam for several minutes then cover your face for three minutes with a big towel. At that time, your pores are all open and released the dirty things. At last, put the toner, essence, facial cream on your face. You will feel very well.

Kitty Qing thanks for that but I need something that I can apply on my skin.

y34963
04-14-2011, 02:25 AM
Serena, do you use a moisturizer on your face after you wash it?

Serena
04-14-2011, 03:04 AM
Serena, do you use a moisturizer on your face after you wash it?

Yes I do. However, the end result is still the same. Those unwanted skin eruptions keep on appearing. I was wondering whether milk can be a natural moisturizer?

Kitty Qing
04-14-2011, 03:10 AM
Hi Serena, yes, milk is indeed a natural moisturizer. You can cover your face with milk till it is absorbed by your face totally. Then wash your face. According to my experience, the yoghourt is better than milk. Maybe you can try because it is totally natural and will not hurt your skin.

dale91
04-19-2011, 12:52 AM
For Dry Skin:

4 tsp. Borage Herb (starflower) – relieves dry skin

2 drops Chamomile Essential Oil – softens skin

2 drops Sandalwood Essential Oil – moisturizes dry skin

For Oily Skin

4 tsp Yarrow Flowers – has astringent effect

2 drops Juniper Essential Oil – a tonic for oily skin

2 drops Rosemary Essential Oil – has astringent effect

You can add your favorite essentail oils for your desired fragrance maybe a drop will do…Add the herbs to the hot water and let simmer for a few minutes, and then add the drops of essential oils right before the steam.

When the homemade facial steam is ready, lean over the bowl and covers your head with the towel to capture the steam. Remain for 10-15 minutes.

After the steam, allow the face to cool down and dab the skin with a organic lotion, then proceed with your skin care regimen.

I hope this helps somehow.

sampath
07-28-2011, 04:53 PM
This simple recipe is great to all skin types and has an amazing shelf life. I highly recommend that you try out this homemade, natural face cleanser.

Rosemary and Mint Glycerin Cleanser

1 ounce (29g) glycerin (vegetable based is best)
2 ounce (60ml) liquid Castile soap
1 ounce (30ml) water
1/2 ounce (15ml) witch hazel
1 drop rosemary extract
1 drop mint extract
Mix together and store in a plastic or glass bottle. Label with name and date.

Shelf Life: 3 to 6 months.

Carolsue22
08-02-2011, 11:34 AM
consider a toner after cleansing to restore ph balance. Also had a simple scrub to your cleanser such as corn meal to exfoliate If your skin is to dry after cleansing switch to a non-foaming cleanser. Also consider a homemade facial mask. Visit Complete Skin Care Therapy for some recipes

dale91
08-16-2011, 10:36 AM
My skin is just oily which means that it does not happen to produce excessive oil nor it is free from such secretions. This leads to problems of acne and eruptions at times. I use a chemical based Face Wash to cleanse the facial surface. However, my skin becomes extremely dry post usage.

I want a Face Wash recipe which is prepared from natural ingredients. I would also like to know how I can store the formulation so that it can be used for a long time.

You can do this face wash recipe:
Beat the yolk of an egg until it is light and frothy, add a half cup of milk and the mashed half of a ripe peeled avocado. Blend until you have a thin cream or lotion-like consistency. Use it as you would with a normal cleansing product. Since the formula is perishable, we suggest making it for 1 - 2 uses only and storing in the refrigerator between use. :h1:

Serena
08-17-2011, 09:31 AM
Hi dale91, thanks for that recipe. I'll definitely try that out and let you know how it worked. :)

priteshppt
08-19-2011, 10:40 AM
hello,

Apply aloeveera on your face regularly and wash your face with cold water thrice a day and wipe it with soft and clean towel.

sammydose
09-14-2011, 07:23 PM
I think the oil of your choice would be a great job. I use olive oil because my skin is dry, try grape seed, suitable for oily skin or normal skin, coconut or nuts. Delete my waterproof mascara and eyeliner, do not leave marks. Google oil cleaning method, there will be a lot of information for you!

nuren skin care
09-15-2011, 09:12 AM
Nuren’s Clean & Clear Deep Cleanser delivers a deep and mild exfoliating wash. Salicylic Concentrate helps to maximize skin penetration and will leave skin feeling soft and conditioned. It is Ideal for problematic skin.
For more beauty tips and expert advice visit [url removed]

vencasand
09-15-2011, 01:21 PM
to nuren skin care. read our rules! we are not here for free advertising!!!!!!!

jadamiranda
09-26-2011, 01:46 PM
Great recipes Dale. I'm going to try the oily skin recipe. Have not tried to wash my face with any home recipe aside from my regular cleansing milk from Omorovicza.

dale91
10-10-2011, 01:13 PM
Hi dale91, thanks for that recipe. I'll definitely try that out and let you know how it worked. :)

I'll be glad to know this works Serena..just keep me posted :)

Serena
10-11-2011, 06:06 AM
Hi dale91, I have obtained super results from the essential oils that you mentioned. I must say that natural oils are extremely good for the skin. The skin has become soft, it feels nourished and supple. Thanks again.

NabiAndWawa
10-12-2011, 04:43 PM
I have a full DIY skincare regime on my blog.
i have a recipe for cleanser, moiusturizor, masks, and much more!
Check it out at [ Link Removed ]
Let me know what you think!

vencasand
10-13-2011, 12:22 PM
nabiandwawa, READ OUR RULES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

y34963
10-13-2011, 11:29 PM
I am looking for a water face wash recipe. What I am looking for is (really hard to explain) but it looks like water, is in a pump container and you use it with cotton to take off your makeup. I just can seem to replicate the brand so if any of you ladies that create your own face washes have any ideas I would really appreciate.

Pantherkaur
10-08-2014, 04:38 AM
Wash your face with raw milk. It is an effective cleanser.

Virgina Lovell
10-08-2014, 02:59 PM
I don't know if you consider exfoliating a form of face wash but I exfoliate using coffee grains. Try it.

katheryngumb
11-24-2016, 08:08 AM
To help heal dry skin and prevent its return, dermatologists recommend the following.

Apply moisturizer immediately after washing, Use an ointment or cream rather than a lotion and Use only gentle, unscented skin care products.

addisoncave
11-25-2016, 09:07 AM
is milk cream beneficial in face pack or not?

addisoncave
11-25-2016, 09:10 AM
Hello friends please share any face pack for oil skin

Shizakhan
10-23-2017, 05:03 AM
Olive Oil. Save. You Will Need. ...
Milk. Save. You Will Need. ...
Honey And Lemon Cleanser. Save. You Will Need. ...
Cucumber And Tomato Cleanser. Save. You Will Need. ...
Chamomile Tea. Save. You Will Need. ...
Apple Cider Vinegar. Save. You Will Need. ...
Rose Water. Save. You Will Need. ...
Gram Flour And Turmeric. Save. You Will Need.

Ellen_D
11-03-2017, 01:34 AM
For Dry Skin:

4 tsp. Borage Herb (starflower) – relieves dry skin

2 drops Chamomile Essential Oil – softens skin

2 drops Sandalwood Essential Oil – moisturizes dry skin

For Oily Skin

4 tsp Yarrow Flowers – has astringent effect

2 drops Juniper Essential Oil – a tonic for oily skin

2 drops Rosemary Essential Oil – has astringent effect

You can add your favorite essentail oils for your desired fragrance maybe a drop will do…Add the herbs to the hot water and let simmer for a few minutes, and then add the drops of essential oils right before the steam.

When the homemade facial steam is ready, lean over the bowl and covers your head with the towel to capture the steam. Remain for 10-15 minutes.

After the steam, allow the face to cool down and dab the skin with a organic lotion, then proceed with your skin care regimen.

I hope this helps somehow.

Wow this looks awesome! I will have to give it a try this weekend. I get a lot of the same issues when I go camping. Thanks!

Richa94
08-18-2018, 05:24 AM
The best facemask made from natural ingredients to deal with oily skin is honey and lemon face mask. To make this mask mix one tablespoon of honey with half tablespoon lemon juice add little amount of water in it, then apply this facemask on your face, this facemask will definitely help you to get rid of oily skin.