PDA

View Full Version : Suffered from acne my entire life

lily
07-12-2008, 06:28 PM
I am 31 years old. I have oily skin and have suffered from acne my entire life. During summers, I regularly exfoliate my skin, skip moisturiser and just apply sunscreen. Of lately I am experiencing that stretchy feeling after I exfoliate. Please advise if I should use a moisturiser on my skin after I exfoliate?

Ashu
07-12-2008, 06:36 PM
Firstly make sure you have a healthy diet, enriched with vitamins and minerals that your skin needs. Vitamins B, C, E, A and K all help in keeping your skin fresh and glowing. Once a week you can give your skin a treat, such as applying a face mask or steam your skin. Yogurt is also a good option; it clears the skin and is gentle. Remember that too much of exfoliation will make your skin dry. Therefore, exfoliate only twice a week. Also make sure that you don’t use a scrub that contains coarse (big) grains, and remember it is very important that you always moisturise your skin afterwards. You can also use some vitamin oil for your skin. Lastly don’t forget to drink eight glasses of water a day. It will keep your skin looking fresh, glowing and plump.

lily
02-20-2009, 07:42 PM
thank you ashma. What Exfoliation creams do you suggest ?

luvurskin2
02-21-2009, 06:09 PM
I too have experienced acne for years and have had trouble finding a solution. I am currently seeing an esthetician at Vasseur Day Spa in San Diego, CA. The owner is a cosmetic chemist and makes all of her own natural products. If you dont live in San Diego, you can order the product at vsskin.com and I promise it is amazing for both acne and anti aging, i have never found anything like it. As far as not moisturizing to clear acne goes, you are actually possibly causing the acne because you arent moisturizing. If you are exfoliating 2x weekly, your stripping your skins natural barrier to fight of infection (acne). By not moisturizing regularly (2x daily if your over 25!) your skin overproduces oil and sebum to compensate for the dryness. Flax Seed oil tablets are great for internal and external hydration. I also like "Day 25 Cream" from Vasseur because its an spf 25 and a fantastic moisturizer too! It doesnt make your skin oily or greasy looking and it hydrates all day!

mimico
02-22-2009, 08:29 PM
I think you should always moisturize your face even if it's warm. You should try using a lighter moisturizer if your face is already oily or if you have combination skin. Clinique might have a good one for you. I find their products to be very good and the prices are not that expensive as most people think given that you won't need to use the moisturizer all the time. FInally, I would advise you to go see a dermatologist about your acne problem because at your age, you shouldn't have a lot of acne anymore. Advanced laser treatment might be neded to finally put a stop to your pimples. :)

Shshly
02-24-2009, 03:14 AM
You should try to use some mild daily exfoliants, and a nourishing, soothing masque.
Don’t use any cream/lotion on your face, so your skin pores are not blocked. I use Neutroslim Daily Exfoliants. It help my acne problems.

nano pearl capsule, pearl is known for whiten, brihten skin and other skin treatments.

davidross
03-05-2009, 04:03 PM
There are some forms of acne that are simply beyond creams and lotions. If this has been a lifetime struggle, you might want to try out a Levulan Photodynamic Blue Light treatment. There's more information and an online video on this treatment here:

http://www.dermahealthinstitute.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=177

Starchild47
03-07-2009, 07:36 AM
Its really hard to deal with adult acne. You have to walk a fine line. I know I have had it my whole life practically! I totally agree with moisturize all the time! Make sure you have sunscreen summer and winter any harsh weather for sure. Watch your diet as it affects you much more than you think!
Good luck to you!

Marlena
07-04-2013, 01:10 AM
There is also LED blue light therapy. LED blue light actually kills bacteria that causes acne beneath the skin. You can read more about it at http://bodybeautifulspa.net/face/led-light-therapy/.

kevinkrieger
12-17-2013, 04:38 AM
Leave out chocolate and Eat lots of fruit and vegetables, avoid fat, sugar and cow's milk too.

Terry
12-26-2013, 06:48 AM
I am 31 years old. I have oily skin and have suffered from acne my entire life. During summers, I regularly exfoliate my skin, skip moisturiser and just apply sunscreen. Of lately I am experiencing that stretchy feeling after I exfoliate. Please advise if I should use a moisturiser on my skin after I exfoliate?
Hi Lily, its good you are conscious about your skin but be sure before using any product for your skin that either your skin is good for that product or not.

stevex
08-05-2014, 04:46 AM
Don't try the too many cosmetic product .Avoid oily and spicy food .Prefer natural products

katty78
08-14-2014, 12:48 PM
I have got rid of acne using pure chimp super cleanser.
It's gentle but effective. And it's 100% natural.

Emma Brown
08-19-2014, 12:57 PM
Follow these natural remedies to get rid from acne:

1. Orange Peel Remedy for Acne
Homemade Acne Treatment with orange peel has been found very effective. Pound the orange peel with water on a piece stone and apply on acne affected areas.

2. Lemon Cure for Acne
A simple remedy at home for acne: Apply lemon juice regularly to reduce pimples and acne. This has proven beneficial results

3. Garlic Remedy for Acne
Garlic has been used successfully to cure acne. Rub with raw garlic several times a day. Garlic is known to cure the toughest of acne problems. The external use of garlic helps to clear the skin of spots, pimples and boils. To cure acne further, eat three seeds of raw garlic once daily for a month. This purifies the blood stream and ensures basic cleansing of blood & keeps acne away.

4. Coriander and Mint Juice Therapy for Acne
A teaspoon of coriander juice, mixed with a pinch of turmeric powder, is another effective home remedy for pimples and blackheads. Apply mixture on the face after thoroughly washing it every night before retiring. Use mint juice in a similar manner as coriander juice.

6. Acne Cucumber Treatment
Grated cucumber applied over the face, eyes, and neck for fifteen to twenty minutes has been found effective. It is the best tonic for your complexion. Its regular use prevents pimples and blackheads.

7. Acne diet
Acne : Home Remedies suggested by users
All-fruit Acne diet
To begin with, the patient should take only an 'all-fruit' diet for a week, taking three meals a day, of fresh juicy fruits, such as apples, pears, grapes, grapefruit, pineapples, and peaches. Only unsweetened lemon or plain water, either hot or cold, should be drunk and nothing else.

8. Well-balanced Acne diet
After the one-week, all-fruit diet, the patient can gradually adopt a well-balanced diet with emphasis on raw foods, especially fresh fruit and vegetables, sprouted seeds, raw nuts, and wholegrain cereals, particularly millet and brown rice. Further short periods of the 'all-fruit' diet for three days or so may be necessary at a monthly interval till the skin's condition improves.

9. Avoid strong tea/coffee, soft drinks and processed foods
Meats, sugar, strong tea or coffee, condiments, pickles, soft drinks, candies, ice cream, refined and processed foods should be avoided as far as possible.

10. Other Acne natural treatments
Warm-water enema
During the initial one week 'all-fruit' diet, a warm-water enema taken daily cleanses the bowels. Apply hot fomentation locally to open up the pores and to bring out the waste matter. Then rinse the affected parts with cold water.

marclewis
02-19-2015, 09:37 AM
You have to apply aloe vera gel to cure acne. Always drink plenty of water.

William Smith
06-11-2015, 09:05 AM
You should avoid sugar as much as possible. Besides It take green tea, fruits,vegetables. Doing exercise at least three times a week is also beneficial for acne patients.