PDA

View Full Version : Make up help! for 15 year old with acne?

Merrywille
03-20-2011, 02:02 PM
Okay I am a 15 year old girl. I have never worn make up or anything like it ever. I have only just started really caring about my appearance. I really want to start wearing make up. The only problem is I have acne. I don't know how bad it is well I do but I don't know how to describe it to you.
I really want to try and hide the acne as much as possible.
Help
Like what sorta make up is best for that?
Like brand names and stuff?
Thanks

vencasand
03-21-2011, 02:00 PM
first make sure your skin is clean. use some kind of acne medicine underneath your make up. i don't know where you are from but there are many make up companies. cover girl, maybelline, revlon, loreal, and your typical store brands. i would look on youtube for help on how to apply makeup. i had acne when i was young and i just used medicated powder and eye makeup with some blush. check out you tube.

Serena
03-26-2011, 06:03 AM
The best way to hide acne on the skin using makeup is to rub the face with ice cubes prior to using any colors. Ensure to rub gently all over for about 10 minutes. That should take care of excess oil secretion. Use a oil free base that matches closest to your facial complexion. Allow the color to settle down. Now using a moist towel gently press the base. Allow the water to dry. Repeat this for some time. Now apply a shimmer or glow creme (a little amount) to allow the skin to appear naturally radiant. Focus on your other parts that are devoid of acne when doing the makeup. Brighten up your eyes. Experiment with brighter colors.

Never apply creme blushers on cheeks with acne. This highlights the problem areas. Finish it off with a nice hair style.

This will solve the problem only temporarily. Try drinking water and consume green leafy vegetables and fruits to control oil secretion. Consult a dermatologist if the problem aggravates.

AdinaP
03-31-2011, 07:35 AM
Merrywille, to you really think that is a good ideea to hide the acne ?
Why don't you try to treat it ?

Also, at your age, I don't recomand you make-up. Is just does not match with your age. Let make-up away for us, for the older ones :)

dale91
04-19-2011, 01:51 AM
For 15yr old, i think wearing make up is not the right thing to do. You have skin problem like acne, so better treat it first than apply something to hide it and might make the matter worst when you do. Focus on achieving a flawless and acne-free skin.

lifecellskin
04-19-2011, 05:47 AM
Thanks for nice sharing.

flawless14
04-19-2011, 05:29 PM
I think you should first treat the acne with with a Benzoyl Peroxide spot treatment before you apply makeup. Also make sure the makeup is oil free. Reducing your iodine intake might also help with your acne. Make sure you're washing your face with a calming cleanser day and night.

exprt143
04-20-2011, 11:37 AM
firstly, you should apply non-cometogenic products which do not contain oil and you should remove the make up before you go to bed to sleep.

y34963
04-20-2011, 03:30 PM
I wouldn't recommend wearing makeup if you have problem skin. First get your skin healthy (and this may take time because it could be hormonal at your age too). Drink lots of water. Drinking lots of liquid flushes out your system of impurities and really helps keep the skin clear.

If you skin is really bad I would suggest you see a doctor as he/she may be able to help you as well.