PDA

View Full Version : Why my Skin Gets Crack even in Summer

proraghu
03-17-2011, 06:13 PM
Hi, This is something wonder these days. I never had crack or chopped skin in my life and specially in summer. In Winter it happens due to weather condition but nowadays even summer I have problem.

I do not apply any soap on whole body, just on some parts of body I apply soap. I usually take bath after applying coconut oil but even then I have problem.

When I look at legs and hands it looks like it is chopped as in winter, I wonder why it is so. And my palms are real victim, cracks which is really unusual for me.

I applied many crack creams but of now use, is there any real time effective solution for this.?

vencasand
03-18-2011, 12:46 PM
drink more liquids. moisturize your skin with lotions or creams. you don't say where you are from and i don't know what is available to you. argon oil is a great moisturizer. i think you can get it anywhere. sunscreen is important if you are out in the sun a lot. apply sunscreen over the argon oil. bha and aha creams will help get rid of dead skin. don't over use these. best of luck to you.

proraghu
03-23-2011, 10:51 AM
Nice to hear, well I do take plenty of water. Usually I have about 8 to 10 glasses of water, and I live in Bangalore South India. I don't really have practice of using the sunscreen lotion or moisturizing cream.

Would that be fine, I select any ayurvedic creams for these ?

Dr.Deepak
03-23-2011, 12:26 PM
Well.. first make sure you don't have any medical conditions like psoriasis,eczema, diabetes,Thyroid disorders and so..

First avoid hot bath, use luke-warm water or cold water that you can tolerate. Make your bath session shorter. Immediately after bath apply moisturizing lotions like those from Nivea or vasaline or dove which can be bought at any store there in india. Remember to apply immediately when the skin is still moist after bath not after skin is already dried. just pat dry your body don't run your skin vigorously. You can use mild soap like dove, it won't dry out your skin. Moisturize Your Skin daily and it is good to avoid frequent bathing, at-least limit bath.

For your foot and hands, first step is to remove the dead skin. Soak the feet in warm water for atleast 15 mins and when the skin becomes soft remove the dead skin softly and pat dry. Apply vaseline, nivea, boroline or even coconut oil or olive oil and cover it with plastic then wear socks, wear hand gloves for hand. Then the next morning your skin will be smooth. Remove some dead skin softly and apply cream again this time without plastic occlusion just a pair of gloves and socks. Repeat this process until u see some good results.

If you have any further question please feel free to ask.

Oh.. by the way avoid wearing open slippers and bare foot, always wear clean socks and use soft insoles for your shoes.

Occlusive Therapy For Chronic Skin Disorders (http://www.dermatalk.com/blogs/skin-disorders/occlusive-therapy-for-chronic-skin-disorders/)

Serena
03-26-2011, 06:18 AM
That is really an excellent advice. Covering up the feet and hands with plastic after using moisturizers is a great way to keep the areas soft. I used to apply lotions and wear socks when retiring for the night during winters. That would make it soft but my linens would certainly get more nourished in the process. :p

This is a good method to keep the moisturization intact. I will certainly use this technique for the next fall, now that summers are already coming in.

agathatefora
08-02-2011, 05:56 PM
I use petroleum jelly and cover my feet with socks. I also use it on my hand and just leave it as is for the entire evening. When I wake up, everything turns fine and normal.