PDA

View Full Version : Tips for nail care

abhinav singh
01-25-2011, 06:16 AM
1)To remove stains from your nails, mix one tablespoon of lemon juice in a cup of water and soak your nails in this liquid for a minute. then, wash off with warm water and apply a hand moisturizer.
2)It is not good idea to remove cuticles from your nails, as it can cause infection. rather, you should use good quality cuticle oil and gently push back the cuticles with the help of orangewood stick.
3)In case you wear polish, make sure leave them without polish for a few days, otherwise they develop an ugly, yellow tint.
4)If you want to give natural shine to your nails, rub petroleum jelly on your nails and buff them with the help of a soft cloth.
5)the best time to file your nails is when you are already wearing a nail polish. this will prevent breaking or splitting of your nails.
6)if you have brittle nails, wear a nail polish or at least colorless base coat, as much as you can.

Any other suggestions would be appreciated..................

bevans43
02-15-2011, 01:50 PM
Great tips! My toenails were once yellowish because of excessive application of nail polish. Thankfully they're back to normal now because I temporarily stopped applying nail polish.

exprt143
07-29-2011, 10:17 AM
Thanks for sharing the wonderful tips.Actually from a last few months i have a problem of yellowish nail so these tips really help me.

ruvini
08-10-2011, 04:54 PM
Don't bite your nails or pick at your cuticles. These habits can damage the nail bed. Even a minor cut alongside your nail can allow bacteria or fungi to enter and cause an infection (paronychia).

Never pull off hangnails — doing so almost always results in ripping living tissue. Instead clip off hangnails, leaving a slight angle outward.

Wear shoes that fit properly. Shoes that place excessive pressure on your toes or pinch your toes may cause your nails to grow into surrounding tissue.

Moisturize your nails frequently. Nails need moisture just like your skin does. Rub lotion into your nails when moisturizing your hands. Be sure to apply a moisturizer after removing fingernail polish.

shidztomes
08-15-2011, 07:49 AM
1)To remove stains from your nails, mix one tablespoon of lemon juice in a cup of water and soak your nails in this liquid for a minute. then, wash off with warm water and apply a hand moisturizer.
2)It is not good idea to remove cuticles from your nails, as it can cause infection. rather, you should use good quality cuticle oil and gently push back the cuticles with the help of orangewood stick.
3)In case you wear polish, make sure leave them without polish for a few days, otherwise they develop an ugly, yellow tint.
4)If you want to give natural shine to your nails, rub petroleum jelly on your nails and buff them with the help of a soft cloth.
5)the best time to file your nails is when you are already wearing a nail polish. this will prevent breaking or splitting of your nails.
6)if you have brittle nails, wear a nail polish or at least colorless base coat, as much as you can.

Wow this is such a perfect tips. I just realized that I am doing it wrong when it comes to cleaning my ccuticle.

priteshppt
09-05-2011, 06:19 AM
Hello,

Yeah, very good tips. I used to have problem while cleaning nails . I love to keep my nails clean and without it i can't even it food.

sara145wilson
09-19-2011, 01:37 PM

Good Suggestion and thanks for sharing with us and it helps me a lot :h10:

Arena
09-26-2011, 08:10 AM
Very nice tips...
Thank you for sharing these nice and useful tips..
I like all that tips very much...

Edanur
10-14-2011, 01:59 PM
Great tips....

One more tip:
Never peel or scrape off nail polish or use metal instruments on the nail surface to push back the cuticles. This can scrape off the protective cells of the nail surface.

drew
11-01-2011, 05:38 AM
It's no secret that sand can do wonders for the feet, so it would only make sense that salt could do the same! I found a great lemon salt scrub that you can use on your feet to clean, exfoliate and polish them!

1. Coat five tablespoons of salt with one tablespoon of olive oil. Mix well so all is combined.
2. Cut one medium lemon in half and squeeze juice into salt+oil mix.
3. Scrub! Rince with warm water and cover in a light foot lotion.

Yellow nails can also be a sign of a fungal nail infection. I also use Tea Tree Oil twice a day to combat fungus and have seen a gradual improvement in the appearance of my toe nails!

shidztomes
11-03-2011, 08:42 AM
Great tips, this are really great for mommies like me, almost all you need are just at home.

Jameyab
11-17-2011, 11:30 AM
My nails grow but I end up biting them off does the green tea or whatever work or what does work and how often do your nails grow.

vencasand
11-17-2011, 02:08 PM
i bit my nails for years. your nails still grow the same even if you bite your nails. i know you are a guy but if there is a spa or nail salon near you, get a manicure. not polished but have your nails trimmed, buffed, and once your nails look so nice you can stop biting them. nail biting is a hard habit to break but you can break it. will power. don't grow really long nails. they get in the way. try the manicure on a weekly or bi weekly routine. when your nails get to look nice you can stop. first you have to break the habbit of bitingl

drew
12-01-2011, 05:49 AM
My nails grow but I end up biting them off does the green tea or whatever work or what does work and how often do your nails grow.

I always used to do this. Whenever my nail would grow past the tip of my finger I would bite it off - that is until I heard this: think about what is under your nails. think about how many times you've gone to the bathroom without washing your hands after. fecal matter, dirt, grime, germs, bacteria, they all live under those nails of yours. When you bite them you are putting all of that nasty goodness in your mouth! Not to mention I started noticing grooves in my nails where I would rest my teeth when biting. I already have prominent ridges so I don't want to make them worse.

The is for nail fungus mostly, at least that's what I use it for. I imagine you could soak your finger tips in it and the smell and taste would deter you from biting, and if you slip it's not a HUGE deal as long as you're not sucking on your fingers lol! This form in the link is not meant to be ingested at all but I have seen plenty of oral products containing tea tree oil by this company so I figure it can't be that harmful if you were to get a little in your mouth.

Anyways, hope that was helpful!

P.S. - NEVER tear or cut your cuticles! It open you up to infections because cuticles are there to protect, so just use an orange stick (manicure tool) to push them back when you have to.

Jenny
12-16-2011, 08:04 AM
I think the last tip also help the mens as they cant apply nail polish so applying colorless base coat could be easy for them and rest tips are also very helpful .

skinlover
02-06-2012, 08:00 PM
Will definitely try that lemon scrub, sounds wonderful! & I'm sure my friends and famiily will like it too.
I can't reccomend a foot rub enough, whether you're doing it to your own feet or you're lucky enough to have a partner to do it for you!
Once a week just pay them some attention, set aside 15 minutes ro rub and massage in a thick moisturising cream, and pop on some socks. you'll feel so relaxed. :)

Ziesha001
06-11-2012, 09:52 AM
thanks for the tips !

marclewis
08-21-2014, 11:29 AM
You have to clean your nails and leave your nails without nail paint at least one day in a week.

sharncheema
09-17-2014, 04:31 AM
These are very useful tips for caring and protecting nails.

Pantherkaur
10-08-2014, 04:49 AM
Always apply good brand of nail paint on nail.

mariawatson
10-17-2014, 04:09 AM
Of the several high end retailers of beauty products in London, I personally feel Sakare the best out there. It exquisite range of products is unmatched and some its items

Like the Nail Kit are really easy on the pocket. Of all the products that I tried, I personally like the Gentle facial toner as the best.

mariawatson
01-09-2015, 10:36 AM
I have a Sakare Nail Kit that saves me big bucks every time my hands need a manicure. Moreover it saves time of travelling to the parlour and waiting on appointments. It is very effective and at par with any other good manicure taken at a parlour. My nails have become very smooth with a slight shine. The nail file is also not very strong so that it can harm my nails. The buffer is apt for buffing the nails appropriately. Lotion is icing on the cake!

Evlin Symon
06-22-2015, 08:55 AM
Woww... Very useful and Great tips

mihkusharma
06-25-2015, 08:08 AM
Really these are nice tips for nail care. I will follow these tips.

stevex
06-26-2015, 06:21 AM
following tips for your nail care:
1. Follow a good diet for nails - Fragile nails can be caused by iron deficiencies. Foodstuffs abundant in iron include liver, trim red meats, species of fish, soy products, beans, lentils, whole grain products, green spinach, fresh vegetables, poultry along with turkey, nuts, egg yolks, dry fruits like raisins, dates, etc. Eat a lot of these to help keep your nails healthy.
2. Massage your nails - Use a cotton ball dipped in fresh lemon juice and rinse them all right out after short while. By following this kind of procedure, an individual's fingernails or toenails will end up being firm as well as radiant.
3. Trim your nails when they get too long
Cut nails when they reach a point that's to high for you. If you don't clip them when needed they can tear or get caught on things.

ascotlee
11-10-2015, 11:12 AM
Tips for the nail care:

Trim your nails when they get too long.
Follow a good diet for nails.
Use some tricks and remedies to clean your nails and remove stains.
Massage your nails.

Shizakhan
10-16-2017, 07:27 AM
Lemons
Prepare a nail soak with 1 tablespoon of lemon juice and 3 tablespoons of olive oil. Slightly heat the solution in the microwave and then soak your nails in it for 10 minutes. ...
You can also rub a slice of lemon on your nails for 5 minutes, then rinse them with warm water. Pat dry and apply a moisturizer.

keralee
01-27-2018, 09:07 PM
I use coconut oil to strengthen my nails and soften cuticles. It's not that bad! :)

emmaackermann
03-17-2018, 12:12 PM
Such a great tips. I really like your post.