PDA

View Full Version : Excessive Sweating caused by too much water?

lilabytes
07-12-2008, 06:43 AM
My boyfriend drinks a lot of water a day. I let him because I know it's healthy. He drinks like 2 to 3 liters of water a day... sometimes up to 5 if he's playing basketball. He's 250 lbs and stands at 5'11". Is he drinking too much water a day? I notice he sweats a lot too even with the air conditioning on. Is there any relation between these two?

chicque
07-14-2008, 02:01 AM
i think there might be something wrong with your boyfriend's sweat glands...maybe its just over active? because my dad has the same problem. go to a dermatologist..

jeni_fini
11-17-2008, 12:06 PM
Drinking water is good for the skin and although some people think you can drink too much water (due to that it not only rids you of the toxins, which is good, but can also rid you of minerals that your body needs). When you play excessive sports, you need the water to replace what you have lost.

nlp18
12-28-2008, 12:12 PM
I dont think tat consumption of more water leads to excessive sweating. Drinking more water is good for health. But i advice him not to consume water or any liquid items while playing and 20 minutes after the playing.

Terrikrol
01-05-2009, 10:02 AM
I read somewhere that drinking excessive water is harmful as well drinking less water is harmful too so a balance is required for good health.
Regarding the condition of the guy it can be some medical problem he is having due to which he sweats a lot.

boron
02-05-2009, 12:36 PM
Excessive sweating may be due to hyperhidrosis - search online.

Ashu
02-11-2009, 08:36 AM
if he sweats more he should drink more water.. consumption ow water don't cause excessive sweating..

Starchild47
03-12-2009, 05:40 AM
HIs drinking a lot of water is not the reason of the excess sweating but I do feel there is something not right about him wanting to drink up to 5 liters of water a day. There are some internal problems that cause excessive thirst. It might be good for your boyfriend to have a check up with a dr to rule out any problems.

kevinkrieger
02-12-2014, 12:08 PM
I think drinking will make you feel cool and hence less sweating.