PDA

View Full Version : tanning lotion...

misscurious
01-12-2011, 07:20 AM
i need a really good tanning lotion that WONT make me look orange!
suggestions?

Mayanka
06-08-2011, 05:59 AM
My experience says to forget all the worries and tensions regarding tanning. Just rely on Peau d'or’s sunless tanning lotions. These give you a fast gold-bronzing result and the Melanin Boost Complex improves long-term results by speeding up the natural tanning process. These enable your skin to obtain a longer lasting tan. Go for it!

Natural Elements
06-08-2011, 01:25 PM
One of the best and the natural way to tan your skin is 100% coconut oil. As far as the tanning lotions they are plenty on the market. Make sure that the tanning lotion you want to buy has natural extracts and botanical ingredients in it.

I will recomend to test the product on a small patch of skin before using all over.

gmb27
06-08-2011, 06:13 PM
Hi Natural elements, im intrigued, how does coconut oil work for tanning? Thanks :-)

Natural Elements
06-08-2011, 11:42 PM
Hi Natural elements, im intrigued, how does coconut oil work for tanning? Thanks :-)

Hi there

We have a few articles on our site talking about sun care, but I will give you a different source to confirm what I posted :)

How to Tan With Coconut Oil
http://www.ehow.com/how_6939582_tan-coconut-oil.html

I hope this help

Serena
06-11-2011, 01:33 PM
Coconut oil has excellent lightening effects on the skin. Pure coconut oil works well when mixed with other natural ingrediants to cure major skin ailments. It is unlike other substances which leaves your skin dry and patchy on tan removal. Instead, it moisturises and nourishes the skin surface. The result is a radiant and supple skin free from dark spots, tans and patches.

y34963
06-11-2011, 08:15 PM
One of the best and the natural way to tan your skin is 100% coconut oil. As far as the tanning lotions they are plenty on the market. Make sure that the tanning lotion you want to buy has natural extracts and botanical ingredients in it.

I will recomend to test the product on a small patch of skin before using all over.

If one uses just coconut oil how does that product you from the sun? It is dangerous to sun tan without a full broad spectrum sunscreen.

Natural Elements
06-12-2011, 12:42 AM
If one uses just coconut oil how does that product you from the sun? It is dangerous to sun tan without a full broad spectrum sunscreen.

I never said that coconut oil provides protection from the sun :)

Only that it is good for tanning. The article I referred to does state to only stay in the sun 20-30 minutes. It is very effective for keeping skin in good condition.

y34963
06-12-2011, 04:24 AM
Coconut oil is an awesome oil and I use it frequently in my products. The article reminds me of the 60s when people used coconut to tan and we all know now that it may tan us but the side effects are just not worth it.

The article is irresponsible to even state to suntan for 20 to 30 min without any sun protection as I am sure you will agree.

I just want people who visit us to know that tanning in itself is dangerous and causes skin problems as well. If they do choose to tan, they are well informed and to use a broad spectrum sun screen.

vencasand
06-12-2011, 02:47 PM
i agree with sandy. i am paying now for what i did to my skin when i was young. i thought i was using enough suntan lotion but back then it didn't have all the sunblocks that we have today. i tan easily. now i have to go to a dermatologist to have my body checked for pre skin cancer. i rarely got burned but i still have the damage. please be aware of what the sun can do to your skin.

Natural Elements
06-12-2011, 03:25 PM
Coconut oil is an awesome oil and I use it frequently in my products. The article reminds me of the 60s when people used coconut to tan and we all know now that it may tan us but the side effects are just not worth it.

The article is irresponsible to even state to suntan for 20 to 30 min without any sun protection as I am sure you will agree.

I just want people who visit us to know that tanning in itself is dangerous and causes skin problems as well. If they do choose to tan, they are well informed and to use a broad spectrum sun screen.

i agree with sandy. i am paying now for what i did to my skin when i was young. i thought i was using enough suntan lotion but back then it didn't have all the sunblocks that we have today. i tan easily. now i have to go to a dermatologist to have my body checked for pre skin cancer. i rarely got burned but i still have the damage. please be aware of what the sun can do to your skin.

I agree with you. Some people like to be tan, and it is like anything else, you have to use it reasonably.

We are living in Nevada and the weather is pretty harsh with no humidity so you feel the heat and it is dangerous. In Hawaii you don't feel the heat because there is a lot of humidity and it is more dangerous.

If you are interested, I can provide you the link of our sun protection article in IM.

soccer2011
06-13-2011, 02:41 PM
Victoria's Secret has a line of self tanner called Bare Bronze. I used to use it on my face and found that it gave me a really natural looking tan. I used the face and body lotion. It has a light smell that I don't really care for, but you should give it a try. sometimes, they would be on sale, like 3 for $24 or something.

Natural Elements
06-23-2011, 08:58 PM
Coconut Oil as a Skin Moisturizer and Sun Protection :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EZeSaD10zeM

y34963
06-25-2011, 03:43 AM
I hope you are not endorsing this man's opinion. It is irresponsible and most informed people would just simple ignore him like I hope the people on our site will.

vencasand
06-25-2011, 02:40 PM
now back to misscurious's question. there are several ways to get a sunless tan. one option is to go to a salon, or spa. then there are the do it yourself tans like clarins instant gel , jergans natural glow, tan towels self tanning towellettes, loreal sublime glow, and banana boat sunless self tanning. sorry it took me months to answer. i just looked up on line and these were some of the best ones.

AGELESSONE
07-12-2011, 10:07 PM
Coconut Oil as a Skin Moisturizer and Sun Protection :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EZeSaD10zeM

Yep if you wanna age yourself from UV rays...listen to this guy.

pepsimax
07-13-2011, 02:49 AM
Coconut oil only offers about SPF4 which we all know is not enough protection.
As for sunless tanning. I like Banana Boat and Avon's airbrush spray. The thing I like most about the spray is that its so fine there isn't really any need to rub it in. Plus the bottle can be used at all angles so easier to use.

maxakins
08-16-2011, 01:24 AM
Without looking orange mate? I suggest you to look for products that doesn't give you greasy feeling when putting it on!