PDA

View Full Version : Best moisturizer for dry skin

sanrita
01-05-2011, 09:18 PM
Its winter again and my skin dries out so quick. During summer i have no problem with the skin. I tried several moisturizers but none of seems to work effectively. can you recommend the best moisturizer for dry skin.

y34963
01-06-2011, 02:17 AM
Hi Sanrita,
Please let us know what type of skin you have and your age. If you are over 30 I would probably recommend something a bit different than if you are in your teens.

vencasand
01-07-2011, 02:06 PM
i have had good luck with the gold bond lotions and creams. there is a healing, softening, and soothing. i find the lotions to be almost as thick as their creams. i usually don't have to apply more than morning and night.

LMR
01-17-2011, 06:47 PM
Yes, I have dry skin in the winter, but no problems in the summer. I found that applying a thin layer of emu oil before my moisturizing cream....my skin stays moist longer.

I also LOVE lactic acid in a cream base. But you have to be careful to always use a sunscreen. I was not in the habit of using sunscreen and now have a few of those brown age spots on my cheek area.

abhinav singh
01-20-2011, 08:18 AM
I use Shielding lotion, it is the best for dry skin.

RivannaRow
01-20-2011, 09:16 PM
Hey everyone, I've found that using Eucerin Everyday protection is great if you are looking to use a moisturizer and sunscreen because it has an SPF as part of the formula. I've been using it for a while now (it helps that I've done some work with them) and don't have to worry about putting sunscreen on over lotion. That gets real slimy.

mac38
01-27-2011, 10:30 AM
There are many moisturizers available in the market.It depends upon what kind of a skin you have.

beautylily
05-12-2011, 05:50 AM
depends how dry your skin is! If it's really......dry, you should use this brand's moisturiser, use it on moist skin, it does wonders for unbelievable dry skin,

[url removed]

if it's not as dry, use the essence!

lauriemartin101
05-19-2011, 02:10 AM
There are many moisturizers available in the market.It depends upon what kind of a skin you have.
Hello, how did you do to have links below of your post? I am curious how did you do that?

lauriemartin101
05-19-2011, 04:31 AM
I am just using any lotion to moisturize my skin

exprt143
05-20-2011, 11:25 AM
Try to do massage with Lavender Oil regularly at night it will surely help you.

y34963
05-20-2011, 05:23 PM
Shea butter is great as well.

sallyB
05-22-2011, 02:27 PM
Shea butter is great as well.

I'm a recent big fan of shea butter too. :)

paulspnao
06-21-2011, 05:24 AM
I use anything by aveeno, all their products work great. I use the daily moisturizing lotion the green cap for my face. I just started using aveeno creamy moisturizing oil, which is not oily at all even though it may sound like it. They also make skin relief products for extra extra dry skin.

soccer2011
06-27-2011, 01:50 PM
Have any of you tried Eucerin products? I work with the Eucerin team and I think the Calming products are great for dry skin. There is a Calming Body wash and a Calming Creme to follow up with after the shower/bath. Did you know that the best opportunity you have to moisturize is within 5 minutes of getting out of the shower? The Eucerin YouTube channel has a series of videos for their Skin First movement that include skin tips for dry skin. You should check them out when you get a chance. Let me know if you have any questions.

kimclara
06-08-2012, 08:31 PM
im 22 and i use the clinique clarifying lotion because it makes my skin feel fresh, also i have dry skin in the winter and oily skin in the summer so i switch of using the gel and lotion from clinique

janeesah
07-05-2012, 02:47 PM
I posted in another thread about this but don't remember which one - LuLu Blossom (my current fav) makes a sugar scrub bar... it exfoliates while it also moisturizes. And it smells like frosting. :)

jazzalbart
08-06-2012, 09:18 AM
Moisturizer is much more effective on properly exfoliated skin. Use a salt or sugar scrub in the shower and exfoliate your face with a mild scrub made for the face.

MissMustang
08-08-2012, 01:38 AM
Moisturizer is much more effective on properly exfoliated skin. Use a salt or sugar scrub in the shower and exfoliate your face with a mild scrub made for the face.

Agreed! A nice sea salt scrub is great for helping with dry skin. And then a good shea butter lotion would be fantastic to help moisturize. Love shea butter!

Allica2012
08-13-2012, 06:50 AM
I have a dry skin problem most of the year and during winter specially since I live in Scandinavia.
i was recommended by a friend to use some creams from american company. You cam find more info on my website [Url Under Review]
Their product are more like medication than regular cosmetics
And the prices are quite affordable and fight with different skin problems. They worked for me

vjykmr89
08-25-2012, 09:50 AM
i personally love the origins vitazing moisturizer, which changes from white to a pretty glowing color that makes your skin look fresh from a lovely day in the sun, plus it has spf 15!

jcf27
08-27-2012, 06:55 PM
I have oily skin as well, I found this product thru a friend and it works great for moisturizing and they claim that it helps with aging also. It has a bunch of stuff in it. It's the Body Kama from vkderma. Def worth a try imo.

zeldabacon
09-11-2012, 11:06 AM
Its winter again and my skin dries out so quick. During summer i have no problem with the skin. I tried several moisturizers but none of seems to work effectively. can you recommend the best moisturizer for dry skin.

Try using Olive oil at night as a night cream. It is the best moisturiser for dry skin and suits every skin type.

jcf27
09-12-2012, 01:29 PM
Olive oil is good but messy. As I mentioned, Body Kama from vkderma.com not only has olive oil but it has like 14 different ingredients that not only moisturize but are beneficial for many skin issues. AND it's ORGANIC!! So you don't have all the chemicals that are in the commercial products.

aaronhaz
09-19-2012, 05:54 PM
Hands down Senté Dermal Repair Cream. The active ingredient binds and traps up to 1000 times its volume in water hence the immediate and profound hydration. My skin feels incredibly hydrated.,

zeldabacon
09-20-2012, 01:20 PM

Using Olive oil at night as night cream is the best moisturiser for dry skin.

pratichap1993
11-17-2016, 05:34 AM
I'm using Belo Essentials Skin Hydrating Face Wash that is expertly formulated for normal to dry skin. It is also infused with Glutathione, Kojic Acid, and Gigawhite to whiten and skin vitamins to moisturize, revealing clearer and whiter skin which I really love. :h1::h1:

sunshinearound1
12-27-2016, 02:49 PM
Hi Sanrita,

I think the two biggest concerns when selecting a skin care product are 1.) What type of preservatives are used to extend the shelf life of the product?

AND 2.) What type of texture is left behind after using the product on the skin? (Ex: Is it oily or non-oily)

1.) As far as preservatives, I would try to avoid Methylparaben. That ingredient has been proven to cause skin aging. However, there are other ingredients like Tocopherol Acetate (Vitamin e), which has been shown to not only preserve freshness, but also guard against radiation and sunlight effects on skin.

2.) As far as oily texture after usage, their product does not leave an oily residue. They use mostly organic ingredients with Vitamin E added to preserve freshness.

I dug a little deeper into their background story and found out that they use an awesome process to produce their lotions as well. They actually run an adult-neuro rehab, primarily, but created this business in order to give the work to their clients and provide a work-therapy experience.

I feel so good using their product and wanted to tell you about it!!

I hope this helps answer your question!!

mbw1124
03-07-2017, 08:02 PM
Hydrate Lux by Obagi!

AshleySawyer
03-08-2017, 07:34 AM
I've been using iBeautyLabs Classic Design Gold Collagen Face Mask and my skin looks great. If you look on the product you will see for yourself all the benefits you could take advantage on it especially regarding moisturizer. Though I am using lotion, I prefer that face mask since it has a great effect on my skin. My friends and family noticed that too not just me. Hope this helps.

Dubaicosmetic
05-29-2017, 07:18 AM
What i can use for black heads, i have many black heads on my chin area

Kaitlyn
07-25-2017, 10:16 AM
Do you have dry skin? Drink plenty of water

Shizakhan
07-26-2017, 07:55 AM
I have oily skin, which moisturizer is best for my skin. I have also acne on my chin area

MomOfThree1980
08-07-2017, 10:19 PM
For dry skin I Caudalie's Vinosource Moisturizing Sorbet Cream from b-glowing.

Shizakhan
08-22-2017, 09:35 AM
There are 2 most effective remedies for dry skin moisturizing.
Olive oil a most effective ingredient, Massage your whole body gently before and after a bath, It will moisturize your skin and your skin will be soft and glowing.
Make the coconut oil and honey mixture and apply it on the body it is a good moisturizer for dry skin...