PDA

View Full Version : run out of scrubs?

molee
11-12-2010, 06:08 PM
If you've run out of body scrub, don't fret... use salt! Ordinary table salt or sea salt can easily exfoliate dead skin cells from your skin. :)

y34963
11-13-2010, 12:08 AM
Good Post. But you don't want to put straight salt on your skin. Mix it with grapeseed or olive oil that you would also have in your kitchen. Personally, I prefer a sugar scrub mixed with the oil as sugar is not as drying on your skin. Even with oil the salt can be make the skin a bit dry. Either way is good though, it just depends on your own skin.

bevans43
04-14-2011, 02:12 PM
I prefer sugar too. I think it's finer than salt...

fenix
05-30-2011, 10:56 AM
Used coffe grounds exfoliate perfect, too.

vencasand
05-30-2011, 01:35 PM
you have to be careful because both salt and sugar can cause minute tears in your skin. maybe grind them down to a fine powder before adding the oil, cream or liquid. they still can tear your skin so don't rub hard.

y34963
05-31-2011, 06:21 AM
coffee makes a great srcub as well as sugar. One shouldn't use a scrub everyday tho. Once or twice a week is more than enough.

pepsimax
06-16-2011, 03:05 PM
I like the sugar idea. Maybe caster sugar would be better.

sampath
07-28-2011, 04:45 PM
Homemade Salt Scrub

{fills about 3 baby food jars}

1 cup Epsom salts
1/2 cup carrier oil (mix of olive and grape seed oils)
essential oil drops to your taste (start with 4-8)

You can vary the carrier oils (also nice would be jojoba) and the essential oils. I used a combination of sweet orange and vanilla essential oils. Mine took a few extra drops, probably because they are a couple years old. As I said in the video, lavender and eucalyptus would be lovely, too– use your imagination on the scent! Remember to start small, and add more drops as you deem necessary.

penshelly
11-10-2011, 02:41 AM
Sugar can't exfoliate dried skin, but her's some advice, try to use papaya leaves to scrub your skin, you can see the result after 1 week, your dried and deadly skin will be tightened.

y34963
11-12-2011, 03:54 PM
Sugar does exfoliate dry skin very well. I have used it for years with great results.

Of course, it should go without saying that any scrub will harm your skin if you use it too harshly. After all it is called 'scrub'.

Still Learning
11-13-2011, 11:59 PM
I have used a sugar and olive oil mix my whole life...love it

vguidry1985
11-14-2011, 01:51 AM
:love:I love scrubbing specially foot scrub her's some tips, The skin of your feet also needs to be exfoliated and renewed like the skin in any other part of your body. There are different types of foot scrubs that are available in the market today. However, since most of them are quite expensive, people tend to skip them altogether. Do you know that you can make foot scrubs at home also? They are almost as good as the market ones and also cost much less. In order to help you out, we have listed a number of homemade foot scrub recipes in the following lines. After making these foot scrubs, all you have to do is wet your feet, ankles and calf and rub them with it, using circular movements. Thereafter, rinse off with warm water, dry with a towel and apply a moisturizer.