PDA

View Full Version : Smooth skin without creams & oils.

aliva
07-11-2008, 08:45 PM
Due to lack of proper secretions in our body and with harsh elements of the nature around us, the skin appears to become dry and dull.

Take the case of mine. I live in an industrial environment. When I use body creams, my skin becomes too greasy and if I use nothing, it becomes dry and seems to have scales. When I scratch, it leaves ugly marks on my body.

How can I ensure smooth skin without using rich creams and oils?

Starchild47
07-12-2008, 03:31 AM
You need to use natural ingredients that are transdermal. This means they do not just lie on top of the skin but penetrate below the epidermis. Shea butter is very good for this. If you can find the unrefined, it has the best qualities. Some people do not like the nutty smell, if that is the case get the cosmetic refined shea. If you cannot find it where you are, I do know of some suppliers who I have purchased from.
It has so many good uses that its really good to have on hand all the time.

mimico
07-12-2008, 04:22 AM
Try looking for "acrylates copolymer" when buying a facial wash or moisturizer. This is usually referred to as "AC" to simplify the name. It acts to absorb oil and release glycerin to moisturize dry and irritated skin. It's a great discovery by some scientists that I think works. :)

chicque
07-12-2008, 05:02 AM
i know this will be a hard advice to follow, especially in today's societal habits, but refraining from bathing or showering even for a day allows your own body's natural oils to replenish, and you won't be as dry.

aliva
07-13-2008, 08:09 PM
You need to use natural ingredients that are transdermal. This means they do not just lie on top of the skin but penetrate below the epidermis. Shea butter is very good for this. If you can find the unrefined, it has the best qualities. Some people do not like the nutty smell, if that is the case get the cosmetic refined shea. If you cannot find it where you are, I do know of some suppliers who I have purchased from.
It has so many good uses that its really good to have on hand all the time.

it's a very good suggestion. I feel the application of shea butter will definitely help me because some oil goes deeper into the skin. How often I should apply shea butter? I have plan to oil my body before a shower so that only a minimal amount will remain on the body.

Starchild47
07-15-2008, 07:12 PM
I use shea butter or a preparation with it included at least twice a day. I feel that we need that especially as we get older and our skin is not as pliant or hydrated as it was in our younger years. You really don't have to worry about it being all that oily on your skin as it sinks in very quickly. I massage the butter into my skin for about a minute and then less than 10 minutes later its no longer oily feeling or greasy. My skin just feels soft and supple

kimclara
07-10-2012, 07:29 PM
I use shea butter or a preparation with it included at least twice a day. I feel that we need that especially as we get older and our skin is not as pliant or hydrated as it was in our younger years. You really don't have to worry about it being all that oily on your skin as it sinks in very quickly. I massage the butter into my skin for about a minute and then less than 10 minutes later its no longer oily feeling or greasy. My skin just feels soft and supple

For shea butter is it better to use refined or unrefined?

belladiorgirl
07-11-2012, 01:30 AM
Maybe you can try argan oil, its oil but light and easily absorbed to skin and keeps skin soft and hydrated. I have just started using it for few weeks and my skin is moistured and glow! :) Also you can use argan oil on body and hair.

spasalondeal
07-19-2012, 05:55 AM
Say goodbye to pimples, naturally!

GARLIC

Take one clove of garlic. Slice it and apply the juice on your pimple. Let it dry and wash it off after half an hour. This works well in case of an occasional pimple or two. It is likely to cause mild irritation.

NEEM LEAVES+TURMERIC

Wash and grind a cup of neem leaves with a few teaspoons of water, and add a pinch of turmeric. Store this in an air-tight container in the refrigerator. Once a week, evenly apply the paste onto your face and wash it off the next morning. Neem and turmeric both have antibacterial properties, and also help control oil secretion.

SANDALWOOD PASTE

You can either get yourself a sandalwood stick or powder. Use rosewater to make a paste and apply a thin coat on your face. Leave it on overnight and rinse with warm water. Sandalwood too is known to have antibacterial properties. It also regulates oil secretion.

pepsimax
07-19-2012, 05:53 PM
For shea butter is it better to use refined or unrefined?

Unrefined as refining it can strip it of its main properties.

kimclara
07-20-2012, 04:42 PM
Unrefined as refining it can strip it of its main properties.

Thank you nikki! I will keep that in mind!

BRTCskincare
07-23-2012, 02:12 PM
Your skin could be reacting this way because the products you are using contain synthetic ingredients, which is not working well with your skin. You should look for products that contain all natural ingredients like plant extracts, fruits and nuts-these products work well with all skin types and will hydrate your skin without making it look too greasy. Check our **** store for some great all-natural products :)

y34963
08-05-2012, 03:26 AM
Although I do agree organic products are great there are some people that have allergic reactions to these products. Especially nuts. Very few organic products are made with these because so much of the population have allergies to nuts. Always try new products on a small patch and then wait 24 hours to see if any reaction occurs.

Blondie
08-05-2012, 05:43 AM
That sucks that you can't find a moisturizer that doesn't make you greasy. Have you tried something *really* lite, like aloe gel?

Alvaro
08-06-2012, 09:30 AM
If you will discover the unprocessed, it has the best features. Some individuals do not like the ridiculous fragrance, if that is the situation get the aesthetic enhanced shea. If you cannot discover it where you are, I do know of some providers who I have bought from.

Mary Joe
08-15-2012, 10:18 PM
People have told me that you can use facial brushes and cleansing products to avoid your fingers because it has oil. If you are still interested, I found this deal on Groupon (http://www.groupon.com/deals/gg-nutra-sonic-prosonic-facial-cleansing-system) for ProSonic, a cleansing and facial exfoliating brush for $65.

JasmineK
09-15-2012, 08:32 PM
I agree with the other posters who recommend Shea butter. It works great on the skin and really helps a lot. i also recommend before applying the Shea butter to use a scrub with oil made from Dead Sea salts. The scrub will remove teh dead skin and asks as a great exfoliant and prepares it for the shea butter. This stop any inflammation and itching and scratching. Thus leaving your skin hydrated without the look or feel of grease or oil.

zeldabacon
09-17-2012, 01:25 PM
[QUOTE=aliva;1022]Due to lack of proper secretions in our body and with harsh elements of the nature around us, the skin appears to become dry and dull.

Take the case of mine. I live in an industrial environment. When I use body creams, my skin becomes too greasy and if I use nothing, it becomes dry and seems to have scales. When I scratch, it leaves ugly marks on my body.

How can I ensure smooth skin without using rich creams and oils?[/QUOTE

Drink lots of water in your daily routine. Add more fruits to your diet and if possible set a routine for Yoga .

micheljohn
10-09-2012, 06:27 AM
You can improve your skin naturally.you must eat healthy diet and drink plenty of water.because water is a good source to improve digestion.prevent your skin from sun damages.