PDA

View Full Version : Herbs used for Hair Loss Treatment

ethan2010
10-20-2010, 09:43 AM
Since ages, herbs and natural products are being used to treat hair loss or other hair related problems all over the world. The list of regularly used herbs includes Aloe, Arnica, Birch, Burdock, Catmint, Chamomile, Horsetail, Licorice, Marigold, Nettles, Parsley, Rosemary, Sage, Southernwood, Stinging nettle, Psoralea seeds, Mulberries and Oyster. Hundreds of different herbs are being used alone or in various combinations. It has been proved that if used collectively, such herbs give excellent results because of their fantastic properties. Most of the herbs usually soothe or stimulate skin, dry or even moisten scalp, and/or tighten or ease the hair growth. In some cases these herbs are also used for healing, alleviating pains, dispel gas or even cleanse and purify the blood also.

dale91
04-28-2011, 08:23 AM
Ethan, I think arnica is too strong for the hair much more for the scalp...can you tell me how to prepare such treatment?

TroyManic
05-27-2011, 10:32 AM
Aloe, Arnica and Birch are the most commonly used herbs for the prevention of hair loss. and yes, one should use these natural herbs before using any of those sophisticated and fancy hair loss medication.

althea54
09-29-2011, 07:56 AM
You should include Saw palmetto herb, it helps to prevent hair loss.

dale91
10-10-2011, 02:53 PM
I'm very interested on how to prepare arnica treatment...it seems so strong for your delicate scalp..:omg:

y34963
10-11-2011, 11:44 AM
Apparently arnica will promote hair growth and controls dandruff. I haven't tried it yet but it has wonderful reviews.

There are many essential oils mixed with a carrier oil that will promote hair growth. It take time (as much as 4 month to notice new growth) but they do work.

vencasand
10-11-2011, 12:41 PM
please be careful with arnica, it can poison you if you have a scratch or an open wound.

Serena
10-11-2011, 01:07 PM
I was loosing hair at an alarming rate so I started using castor oil, which helped tremendously. Also, a friend of mine applied raw onion paste on her hair which also offered great results. I wasn't aware of the second remedy but I must admit that it helped her regrow hair.

sonia2012
10-12-2011, 08:50 AM
Herbal remedies improve circulation, disinfect the scalp and stimulate hair growth.