PDA

View Full Version : Best Oil for Dry Skin

nativehealth
10-20-2010, 04:35 AM
Olive oil is one of the best natural treatments you can use for dry skin. It is a light and mildly antibacterial oil, very much like the oil produced by our sebaceous glands. If you think your moisturizer isn't doing too well of a job in treating your dry skin, give olive oil a try; you might be pleasantly surprised at how such a simple oil can do so much for you.

saveontans
11-12-2010, 09:56 AM
Now a days many kinds of body oil products in market, but olive oil is the best for dry skin.

vencasand
12-26-2010, 02:58 PM
argon oil. i use it on my face everyday. my skin is not prone to acne anymore. my skin feels moisturized all day.

peagirl
01-04-2011, 12:07 PM
I use rose hip oil for my dry skin that provides excellent results in the treatment of acne scars and unsightly spots on skin.

Miller
02-03-2011, 12:00 PM
As far as I know, olive oil is very good for the skin & moisturizes it well.
However, if u r looking 4 a really good cream for dry skin, I highly recommend this cream called Miracle Lotion. It really works & moisturized the skin well. It doesn't just sit on the skin but gets absorbed into the skin & makes the skin soft & smooth.
It is made of natural ingredients & contains no parabens. it contains 7 natural oils & 14 herbs .

Shankara
02-14-2011, 02:28 PM
For oils it is very important to look at how comedogenic they are. Jojoba rates very well and is very moisturizing. Make sure to exfoliate skin gently, that will help during this cold Winter to get the flaky keratinized skin sloughed off so that the oil can penetrate and protects where it is needed most. All the best.

question8er
04-05-2011, 07:01 AM
I love oils for my parched dry skin. My favorites for their quick absorption and long lasting qualities. I love Sweet Almond, Avocado, and Coconut. I've used them alone. I've also used them with others for Oil Cleansing Method. My skin looks really good now. Coconut is the only product that has gotten rid of my flakey-peelies.

vencasand
04-05-2011, 02:52 PM
everyone's skin is different. you just have to try things out to see if they work for you.

y34963
04-06-2011, 08:03 PM
When using oils it helps with hydration if you spritz your face with water then put the oils on.

question8er
04-06-2011, 08:36 PM
When using oils it helps with hydration if you spritz your face with water then put the oils on.

This is how I use it. I started out doing it on dry skin and it just sat on the surface. :omg:

donajines
04-20-2011, 07:38 AM
Olive oil is great for your skin. It is an ingredient in lots of handmade soaps and mosturizers.

exprt143
04-20-2011, 09:29 AM
Olive oil is one of the natural remedies for dry skin.

flawless14
04-21-2011, 05:10 PM
I use almond oil during the winter when my skin is usually the driest. I love using it because it moisturizes, but doesn't break me out :D

lifecellskin
05-06-2011, 08:55 AM
I think Olive oil don't suit to every type of skin. as i used it for getting better skin but i got pimple on my face.

donajines
05-07-2011, 05:57 AM
Olive oil is one of the best natural treatments you can use for dry skin. It is a light oil. If you think your moisturizer is not doing too well for treating your dry skin, give olive oil a try. You might be pleasantly surprised at how such a simple oil can do so much for you.

y34963
05-07-2011, 02:14 PM
Rose Hip oil, Almond oil, jojoba oil, to name a few are great for dry skin. Although Olive oil is good to some people find it too heavy.

Whatever oil you choose to use, spritz a bit of water on your face first as this will help the oil penetrate into your skin rather than just sitting on top.

question8er
05-07-2011, 04:19 PM
Have any of you used Primrose Oil? What is your take on it?

y34963
05-07-2011, 06:05 PM
Evening Primrose Oil is great for the skin too. It hydrates and rejuvenates your skin so it will decrease those fine lines and wrinkles we all want to go away. It also has awesome healing properties. A very good oil.

question8er
05-07-2011, 06:48 PM
If it has healing properties I'm guessing you could use it after a peel? I only do Glycolic Peel so far. I just didn't know if I should put any oil on right away.

y34963
05-08-2011, 04:33 AM
You probably could use it after a peel. The peels I do are not harsh so I don't need anything healing afterwards but if one did, Evening Primrose would be a good choice.

question8er
05-08-2011, 09:19 AM
You probably could use it after a peel. The peels I do are not harsh so I don't need anything healing afterwards but if one did, Evening Primrose would be a good choice.

Well, it's a moot point now. I used it last night (not after a peel) and my skin just turned to welts all over my face. So, I guess an allergic reaction answered my question. :omg:

Dr.Deepak
05-08-2011, 10:10 AM
Before u try anything on your face, always try it on your hands first.

question8er
05-08-2011, 10:29 AM
Actually, I tried it behind the knee first. 24 hours. Then on jaw and in front of ear. 24 hours
THEN on face, totally different reaction in only a few minutes! Not always foolproof.

y34963
05-08-2011, 09:19 PM
That is interesting. If you were going to have a reaction you would think it would happen on any part of the skin. We are all different that is for sure. Sorry to here about the welts.

As this oil is extremely high in fatty acids, as many oils are, you may want to be very careful in the use of oils as well as supplements you take.

question8er
05-08-2011, 09:38 PM
You don't have the "same" type and texture skin on your entire body. If that were the case your face would be like your feet, and/or vice versa. Both are put through all kinds of pressures and weather and abuse. Not the same, different.
Derm explained to me that Face, hands and feet are very different in how they react to things.
An example: I use Lactic Acid Cream on my arms, legs and feet. Arms and legs 12.5%. If I go over, they peel. For feet, I use 22-25% and they do well, but do not peel.
This is why I check a couple areas before really applying it. This is my first experience of 2 patch tests going well and then screw up my face. One patch test was in front of my ear and at jawline. Go figure!

y34963
05-09-2011, 01:52 AM
Lol I know that the skin is different on various parts of the body! When you refer to the percentages you are referring to the strength of the product. If you break out in a rash because you are using a product that is too strong I would say you did not have a reaction you just used something too strong. You should always start out very slowly and work your way up to a stronger formula.

With respect to oils, always spray the part of your body you are going to put the oil on so that they will absorb into your skin. If you don't they will just sit on top and will cause problems.

Anyway, again sorry to hear about your troubles. Perhaps try another oil like jojoba oil. It is actually a wax but pourable. It is a very nice oil and is one of the most common one used for skin care.

question8er
05-09-2011, 02:27 AM
I've used scads of different oils. This was a try-out as well. The LA Lotion I referred to is what I use NOW. I am good with that strength and have never had a reaction of any sort. It's the Evening Primrose Oil that I am allergic to.

y34963
05-09-2011, 06:28 AM
I am off on vacation for awhile. I hope you find something that will work for you.

question8er
05-09-2011, 10:33 AM
Have a wonderful holiday!!:h7:

Horace33
05-10-2011, 06:25 AM
I used Bio oil and Product cream Dermology...
They`re effective to help nourish skin and on reducing stretch marks as well.

question8er
05-10-2011, 06:33 AM
Personally I have tried only few kinds of skin cream. As I have said, they only make my skin feel soft and they help to reduce the visibility of those condition. Some of the marks are still there, but not as visible. That’s all to it.

Not sure to what you are referring. What marks? What helps with what condition?
:confused:

Dr.Deepak
05-10-2011, 07:54 AM
Not sure to what you are referring. What marks? What helps with what condition?
:confused:

Me too confused...but something smelling fishy to me, he had a link on his post..so conclusion.. he is promoting his link..:mad:

Oh yea, by the way HAve a wonderful holiday sandy, we'll miss u here.

paulspnao
05-21-2011, 08:55 AM
Olive oil is great for your skin. It is an ingredient in lots of handmade soaps and mosturizers. You can also use grapeseed oil which is a lighter scent/feel on your skin, or just use olive oil at night and your 8-hour moisturizer during the day might work too. Olive oil is fantastic for dry skin. It’s nature’s remedy!

exprt143
07-12-2011, 11:26 AM
Olive oil is great for dry skin.It is a light and mildly antibacterial oil.It feels greasy though but the effect the next day is so amazing.

EinsteinRunner
07-24-2011, 07:38 PM
As we age we lose desquamation of skin cells, that is we shed less. So as we grow older we need to adjust the types of skin care, so older people need alpha-hydroxy-acid which will take care of the absence of the bodies natural desquamation of skin cells. You can check out an article here [url removed] that talks a little bit about older people and talks more about alpha-hydroxy-acid containing medicines. Should help out those on the transition of aging.

Peter Lee
07-25-2011, 10:16 AM
I use Olive oil on my face everyday. It makes my skin smooth and flawless.

yamalin
07-26-2011, 10:05 AM
HI there,
Yes this is true that Olive oil is much helpful in the dry skin problem...
I think that its helps much to have the better one skin....

gelenbaas
07-26-2011, 11:49 PM
Wow, I didn't know it was ok for people to put oils directly on their skin. I've been working with a lot of oIive oil and I have noticed my hands becoming softer. I've heard that too high of a concentration of coconut oil in cosmetic products, namely soaps, can be drying for the skin. I've also heard many people swear by coconut oil for their hair and skin in raw form. Is there any truth to the drying statement about coconut oil or do you think it is myth?

Peter Lee
07-27-2011, 12:43 PM
Wow, I didn't know it was ok for people to put oils directly on their skin. I've been working with a lot of oIive oil and I have noticed my hands becoming softer. I've heard that too high of a concentration of coconut oil in cosmetic products, namely soaps, can be drying for the skin. I've also heard many people swear by coconut oil for their hair and skin in raw form. Is there any truth to the drying statement about coconut oil or do you think it is myth?

This is absolutely true that coconut oil is good for skin and hair. If we use coconut oil with a few drops of lemon oil it helps to prevent dandruff.

y34963
07-27-2011, 10:12 PM
Coconut oil is great but it can also dry out your skin and hair. It is best mixed with other oils such as jojoba oil, hazelnut oil, etc.

Peter Lee
07-28-2011, 10:26 AM
I use only coconut oil for hair.

vencasand
07-28-2011, 12:35 PM
i was using argon oil and it made my skin super soft. but i noticed i was starting with some clogged pores on my cheek. i might have been using too much oil. a little goes a long way. after i get rid of these clogged pores i will try using argon oil again but not as much with each application.

sampath
07-28-2011, 12:44 PM
I agree. When I use olive oil in the kitchen for cooking, I take some extra oil and rub my hands with it and put it on my neck as a moisturizer Olive oil is one of the best natural treatments you can use for dry skin. It is light and mildly antibacterial oil, very much like the oil produced by our sebaceous glands. If you think your moisturizer isn't doing too well of a job in treating your dry skin, give olive oil a try; you might be pleasantly surprised at how such a simple oil can do so much for you.

sampath
07-28-2011, 12:45 PM
I agree. When I use olive oil in the kitchen for cooking, I take some extra oil and rub my hands with it and put it on my neck as a moisturizer Olive oil is one of the best natural treatments you can use for dry skin. It is light and mildly antibacterial oil, very much like the oil produced by our sebaceous glands.

Shalini
07-29-2011, 09:19 AM
I suffer from tight, dry facial skin that often flakes around my nose and cheek area. Indoor heating and the dry Seattle air don’t help, which is why a recent trip to humid Hong Kong did wonders for my skin. It looked and felt great.

Now that I’m back, the change of weather has made my skin flake more than ever. The eight hour a day cream that I usually use to combat this problem has not helped, and neither has a facial, regular exfoliation, an alpha hydroxyl peel and super rich hydrating moisturizers.

Having reached the height of desperation, I’ve taken to using pure, extra-virgin olive oil on my nose and cheek area twice a day for the last week. I may smell like a Greek buffet, but it has worked beautifully. My skin finally feels hydrated and adequately moisturized.

gelenbaas
07-30-2011, 08:09 PM
What are the true benefits of jojoba oil? I've heard people rave about it on this forum but how is it better than olive oil?

y34963
07-31-2011, 05:10 AM
Jojoba’s beneficial properties matches the molecular structure of hair and skin sebum. Therefore it can quickly penetrate your skin and scalp without leaving an oily residue and is very nice. It is actually a liquid wax not an oil.

Horace33
08-03-2011, 10:25 AM
Olive oil is great for your skin. It is an ingredient in lots of handmade soaps and mosturizers. You can also use grapeseed oil which is a lighter scent/feel on your skin, or just use olive oil at night and your 8-hour moisturizer during the day might work too. Olive oil is fantastic for dry skin. It’s nature’s remedy!

Walerian
08-17-2011, 11:00 AM
Hi guys,
i need some help about my oily skin,
please suggested me about my problem...
me waiting guys......

vencasand
08-17-2011, 12:56 PM
i see you are a guy, but i don't know where you live or how old you are. it would help to know these answers before we can suggest something to you.

priteshppt
08-18-2011, 07:40 AM
IS there any beauty cream that contains olive oil. As per my knowledge oil can increases facial problems like pimples. Is it safe?

larrybrown06
11-18-2011, 05:46 AM
Hello,
Now in market their are many oils available.So before buying see the reviews of the product and also concerned with experts that which oil should i use.

sara145wilson
11-18-2011, 10:12 AM
Hello,
Now in market their are many oils available.So before buying see the reviews of the product and also concerned with experts that which oil should i use.

Yes i also agree with you larry that beauty product contain oil but it is not for all beauty products....:omg:

marvzvon
11-21-2011, 02:16 AM
I had a big scar of my face I get this scar when I'm still a teenager driving bike jejeje:D I was crush and that accident make my face scar, My friend suggested my to use papaya to srucb my scar! Anyone her have tried it? It is okey using it ??? I need some advice so that in the end there's no reasons to be regret