PDA

View Full Version : Is Organic Soap good or bad for the skin

chinee
10-09-2010, 01:59 PM
I have sensitive skin thats why I decided to use organic soap so that no harsh ingredients is added. After once to twice of using I've noticed myself scratching my back already and felt really itchy. The thing here is I was using organic soap that time and it is supposed to be good very mild to the skin. Unfortunately It didnt.

y34963
10-09-2010, 04:59 PM
Read the label of the soap. Sometimes just because it is labeled 'organic' doesn't necessarily make it so. Depending on the soap you may have a reaction to one of the ingredients as well. I would suggest using just a castile soap (without anything added to it) which is about as mild as you can get.

Also, make sure you rinse the soap really good off of your skin.

chinee
10-10-2010, 11:22 AM
I see thanks for that y34963.

vencasand
10-10-2010, 02:12 PM
my grandmother was mother of 9 children. they grew their own veggies and had a chicken coop and pigs. she made"all natural" soap from lye and lard. it was the best soap to get rid of poison oils. she use to wash with it and the children use to bathe in it. it was super harsh. made your skin dry. but i used to love to watch her make it. it kind of smelled like ivory soap only stronger. i wouldn't think it would be good for the skin. but it was all they had. she had been doing this since the early 1900's.

y34963
10-10-2010, 04:44 PM
That's exactly how I make my soap except I don't use lard as I make just vegan soaps, I use oils and butters. With all the essential oils we have available to us we can scent our soaps naturally as well so the options are endless.

SuperBody
03-03-2011, 04:20 PM
I think organic soap having Peppermint is really good for relieving muscle aches and any type of stress.

fenix
03-23-2011, 03:31 PM
Sometimes the essential oil could act like allergen, check the ingredients.
I use homemade castile soap.

Manavi
04-09-2011, 05:07 AM
When it comes to your skin, you should use only the best types of soap. But don't just head to the supermarket just yet; you should know that your non-organic soap may just be ruining your skin rather than making it better. Most commercially made soaps these days actually resemble detergents more than body soap. So if you don't want to treat your skin like laundry, opt to use organic herbal soap instead..........

exprt143
04-09-2011, 06:24 AM
Daily use of an organic oil is a great beauty treatment.They have such ingredients that will wash away the dirt and excessive oil while leaving your skin undamaged.

exprt143
11-25-2011, 10:36 AM
yes organic soap is better for skin...

malinamartis
02-18-2012, 02:52 AM
Use always naturally made by organic soap. Some of soap contains harsh detergents and petro chemicals so avoid them.

vencasand
02-18-2012, 05:23 PM
oraganic soaps aren't for everyone but you have to use what right for your skin.

pepsimax
02-21-2012, 07:20 AM
That's exactly how I make my soap except I don't use lard as I make just vegan soaps, I use oils and butters. With all the essential oils we have available to us we can scent our soaps naturally as well so the options are endless.

I know this is an old post but do you have any recipes for your soap?

MrsJ
04-20-2012, 11:56 PM
"Organic" by itself does not indicate that it is good for your skin. There can be non-organic products that are wonderful and Organic ones that are horrible. Try the products out that seem to suit you. If you want to head towards natural/organic products then certainly check them out, but don't jump to conclusions.

simplyearth
12-18-2012, 02:57 PM
Any organic soap is*supposed to protect your skin rather than drying. My recommendation is to read the label and check the ingredients to make sure how that soap was made.

The fact that is organic does not mean that you have been exposed to some allergic reaction to aloe or anything like that. That is weird, but it usually happens. The symptoms goes from sky dryness to any type of rash.

clintoncerejo
12-19-2012, 09:50 AM
In most of the cases Organic Soap are much better than chemical soap..May be your skin didn't suit that's why you have itching problem.

julliawison
01-24-2013, 11:12 AM
Organic soap is effective for skin.But it's depend on your skin that Which type of ingredients you have suited.