PDA

View Full Version : Can hair products cause hair loss?

chinee
09-19-2010, 11:41 PM
Hi I wanna know your opinion/s regarding hair dye. I dye my hair almost every year because I am comfortable with hair color. I just feel more prettier having it. But still it keeps me from worrying about my health. And others would also think that you might just damage your hair that can cause hair loss.

y34963
09-20-2010, 12:08 AM
I wouldn't worry about colouring your hair. Millions of people dye their hair every six weeks without any problems.

Personally, I would suggest you use a henna as it is more natural and is better for your hair.

mac38
04-06-2011, 12:43 PM
My experience with hair colour was bad.I had used it once and my hair turned all white and it even started falling so I generally don't prefer to use hair colours os dyes.

AdinaP
04-07-2011, 07:33 AM
There are more thing that you need to think about :
- the quality of products
- your age
- your history with this kind of products
- your health problems and doctor recomandation

vencasand
04-07-2011, 02:03 PM
i don't color my hair but i used to try to keep the color blendable in the summer when i was younger and my dark blond hair sunlightend in places that made me look like i tried to bleach my hair but only did sections!!! i used the 4 to 6 week wash out colors. they aren't as hard on your hair as some. i always kept my hair trimmed and used products that were heathy for my hair. i never used a salon. just colored my hair at home. my hair is long and the grey and the dark blonde are fighting for one to overthrow the other but my grey hair is winning. it has a silvery tone to it so i like it.

exprt143
04-09-2011, 06:49 AM
But The risk associated with using these products.One of the most chemicals in all hair dye have a variety of harmful effects like allergic reaction,respiratory disorder and even cancer.

vencasand
04-09-2011, 02:56 PM
exprt143, air you breathe can have harmful affects like allergies, and in some sections of the world cancer from the factories and manufacturing plants. hair color is not dangerous unless you over use it or are allergic to it's ingredients. all products for any type of hair coloring state on the package to do a skin patch test first. in today's world everything is dangerous. you can't hide under a bucket. look at the beauty around you, the trees, the grass, the mountains, don't bury your head. use your life to the fullest. stop worrying about things that might happen and enjoy the present. life is too short to be afraid of it.

Matt01
04-19-2011, 07:10 AM
The hair products which we use play a very important role in controlling the hair loss, hair loss can occur if right hair products are not used. Most of the hair products available in the market are made of harmful chemicals, which will cause hair fall. Using hair products made of natural ingredients is the best option.

dale91
04-28-2011, 07:39 AM
Whenever you decide to color your hair, you should ensure that you check the ingredients of the colour and make sure that you use some treatment for your hair...adding anything "unnatural" will give your hair stress even if its a simple dye.

Shon
05-19-2011, 10:55 PM
Hi,

how can you know if shampoo is OK? I mean which ingridients are bad - can cause hair loss?

vencasand
05-20-2011, 01:20 PM
shon, harsh shampoos, really cheap shampoos, regular soap is bad for your hair. use a regular shampoo and conditioner and make sure you rinse well because it will make your hair look greasy if you don't rinse the conditioner out. try different shampoos and see which one you like better.

Shon
05-21-2011, 08:21 AM
Well, I got feeling that most people choose smapoos based on how it they smell ... (well at least my girlfriend does) ;)

Are there any real studies (list or something) of shampoo supplement which are bad for skin, hair, etc.

vencasand
05-21-2011, 02:13 PM
well the smell of shampoo is important. if we can't stand the smell of a good shampoo i doubt if we would use it. the worst product in shampoos is "sodium lauryl sulfate". this helps the sudsing. it is also the product that pulls the natual oils from your hair. if a shampoo contains" sodium laureth sulfate "it is easier on your hair. i know a lot of shampoos today have the sodium lauryl sulfate in them but since i don't have problems with my hair it doesn't seem to hurt it. if you have fine thin sparse hair i would stay away from this particular ingredient.

kyupasillas
06-29-2011, 07:16 AM
I think once a year change of hair color is fine. At least you're not exposing your hair to chemicals that often.
A general rule to hair dyeing is always check the quality of the hair color product you are putting in your head. Never settle with cheap questionable hair products. For me, it's fine to pay this much for hair color as long as my hair does not get damaged. Of course, quality products don't come cheap.

althea54
09-29-2011, 07:50 AM
I do believe hair dye can cause damage to your hair follicle because it has sulfate chloride in the mixed chemicals. Every week/month is not recommended because it will lead to thinning hair.

martis
11-09-2011, 11:49 AM
It's true that some products do cause the hair to be stunted but that will show up immediately (as in couple months), not later in life. Most of these are the oils and waxes that many people use (conditioners). These block the hair follicles, and the hair then has a harder time to get out of the skin.

richardmedbloc
07-21-2012, 06:26 PM
Some products can hurt your hair. I am on Propecia and i haven't had any problems.

skinlover
07-23-2012, 06:08 PM
Get a professional to do it. :) I've always found it risky doing my own hair and now will only ever get it done by my qualified friend, it always looks a damn sight better:)

ashlee
08-17-2012, 10:43 AM
yes dye can cause hair damage n then hair loss

frankwinger
08-17-2012, 02:40 PM
I agree with Richard Propecia is a good option to stop hair loss. I suffer from hair loss for many years , and it does not feel so great.

starngeboy
09-19-2012, 06:05 PM
Pretty much hair products cause hair loss.

vjykmr89
10-10-2012, 04:54 AM
Hair products which contain a lot of chemicals harm the hair in the long run so it better to avoid products with too much chemicals and try natural remedies which will not damage the hair. Badly damaged hair breaks at the scalp.

breonnajackson
10-13-2012, 10:53 AM
If you are applying a good quality hair color then it will have no loss for your hair but I wanna mention one thing that excess of anything is bad so don't do that everything else will be fine.

fetamy
01-31-2013, 08:42 AM
Hi I wanna know your opinion/s regarding hair dye. I dye my hair almost every year because I am comfortable with hair color. I just feel more prettier having it. But still it keeps me from worrying about my health. And others would also think that you might just damage your hair that can cause hair loss.

If you dye your hair once in 4-5 month it'll be ok, but if you dye your hair within 15 days it will damage your hair and your hair eventually fall out little by little.

Elmbaby
02-21-2013, 09:43 AM
When i was a kid u used to use alot of gel because i had crazy curly hair. I used gel for several years and when i stopped using it i noticed that i lost alot of hair and my hair also got thinner! So yes i do think gel causes hair loss.

kevinkrieger
01-27-2014, 06:03 AM
Avoid ingredients:
ISOPROPYL ALCOHOL
MINERAL OIL & PETROLATUM
PEG
PROPYLENE GLYCOL (PG)
SODIUM LAURYL SUFATE (SLS) & SODIUM LAURETH SULFATE (SLES)
CHLORINE
DEA (diethanolamine) MEA (momoethnanolamine) TEA (triethanolamine)
FD & C Color PIGMENTS
FRAGRANCE
IMIDAZOLIDINYL UREA and DMDM HYDANTOIN

stevex
08-09-2014, 05:09 AM
I am also worrying to using hair color. Use Henna only it is a natural product and harmless .

Pantherkaur
08-29-2014, 07:24 AM
Avoid low quality products that may be cause of hair fall. try to use natural things like heena, alma, aloe vera, ginger juice etc.

Tara101
10-01-2015, 09:22 AM
Ammonia which is present almost in every hair dye can cause hair damage. Try to use ammonia free hair color and you will have no reason to worry.

hina
12-16-2015, 01:48 PM
Natural hair dyes do not create hair loss. I use Hina, Amla to dye my hairs, however hair care products that contain harsh chemicals could cause hair loss.

LadyInGreen
12-19-2015, 01:40 PM
Thank you for this helpful information.:)