PDA

View Full Version : What samples are you trialling?

Ashu
07-10-2008, 09:55 PM
What samples are you trialling at the moment?
What are your first impressions?
Would you buy it?

chicque
07-11-2008, 03:19 AM
right now i'm trying cosmedicine's medi-matte mattifying lotion. i think its pretty good, i'll write a review on it later, but i think i'll buy the real product :)

Starchild47
07-11-2008, 07:22 AM
I have a big problem with wearing any kind of foundation as make up so I have stopped completely. I wonder though if the Bare Minerals line would be good to try? I have heard its a lot less heavy on the skin and should not cause as many issues with rashes or break outs.
Any one here with any info on this?

skincare
07-11-2008, 11:36 AM
I haven't heard of Bare Minerals yet :(
You can try Nu Skin products. I tried it and always feel lighter compared to the other products I used before.

BrendaMarie
07-12-2008, 04:36 PM
Starchild: What kind of problems were you having with foundation? I don't wear it either because it makes my pores feel clogged. I wonder if I'm the only one that feels that way though.

chicque
07-13-2008, 02:51 AM
to everyone who posted before me:
bare minerals is a product of bare escentuals and its light mineral makeup that is made up of crushed minerals into a powder form. it has a little SPF (15) in it, and it does not clog your pores at all. you can even sleep in it!

mimico
07-13-2008, 01:08 PM
I tried a sample of Smashbox foundation that I got with the primer I bought. The texture is nice, but the color doesoblem with free foundation samples is that the color is always wrong. Boo! I also got a sample of L'Oreal's Elseve hair serum as well, hopefully I'll use it soon. I don't always immediately try out samples especially if I still have a similar product. I like to keep samples handy for traveling too.

skincare
07-13-2008, 02:43 PM
to everyone who posted before me:
bare minerals is a product of bare escentuals and its light mineral makeup that is made up of crushed minerals into a powder form. it has a little SPF (15) in it, and it does not clog your pores at all. you can even sleep in it!
Thank you for making it clear to us. It is good to hear that it also contains SPF. Can you specify what minerals are present in the products?

BrendaMarie
07-13-2008, 05:51 PM
chicque that sounds really good although I'd still be hesitant to sleep in any kind of makeup. Even though it makes these claims I'd still not want to find out the hard way.

Starchild47
07-15-2008, 07:05 PM
The problems I have is yes my whole face feels like someone put thick paint on it when I apply any type of liquid foundation. I also break out and itch like crazy if I wear any type of foundation for over 2-3 hours at a time. It is just not worth it to me to have to deal with this. I thought Bare Minerals was a loose powder type formula and thought it might not react on my skin as the liquid foundations have previously.