PDA

View Full Version : Hair conditioner after the hair bath

MaryMary
06-08-2008, 08:15 PM
Is it necessary to use hair conditioners after hair bath.Cause i never used it and my hair is still good.

avinav
06-08-2008, 08:36 PM
No its not necessary,but if you use conditioners after hair bath it will protect your hair from getting dry.

tsering
06-11-2008, 09:25 PM
yea its necessary esp.for women ,boys don't have much hari so they don't care,but as avinav said it protect hair from being dry and makes your hair smooth and prevent hair loss too.

MaryMary
06-11-2008, 09:31 PM
O.k thanks ,i have planned to use conditioner,these days my hair getting a little bit dry.but what's the best conditioner in town.

Sarah
06-28-2008, 05:40 PM
yea it makes your hair soft and protect dryness.so you have planned then go for it.

For best conditioners i would go for "Pantene Pro-V Conditioner for Dry/Damaged Hair"

its best rated conditioner by most women

alice
06-29-2008, 11:11 AM
Hi Mary, it all depends upon your shampoo that you are using for cleaning your hair. If your shampoo is already enriched with conditioner, there is no need to go for another one. However, if you are getting a bit dry and tangled hair, you should use it because it will help your hair to be managed easily and at the same time preventing excessive dryness and split ends.

mmm..The best conditioner in town..well, there are many and you can see according to your hair properties..:)

aliva
06-29-2008, 06:41 PM
Generally, cuticles or scales on the hair shaft are damaged due to styling, blow drying, coloring, perming or excessive use of shampoos which strip the hair of its natural oil, making it alkaline, and slowly resulting in a lack of shine and bounce. Conditioner make hair shiny by settling a lubricant on the hair, along with a ‘cationic agent’ which, together with the lubricant, lessens electricity, thereby making styling easier and preventing flyaway hair.

In view to above, you need to use a conditioner, after every wash for making your hair manageable, supple, soft and gorgeous-looking.

mimico
07-02-2008, 12:05 PM
I don't think it's necessary. To prove my point, I didn't start using conditioner until I was in high school. And my hair was fine before that. It just feels a lot smoother when I use conditioner, I'm sure you feel it too. :) I have this theory that if my hair feels nice then it's healthy. Of course, I can't be 100% sure because I can't see each detailed strand as well as my scalp. But I suggest you ought to use a conditioner after shampooing to restore the moisture that is lost every time you wash your hair. You can do it once a week if your hair is really healthy. An alternative to this is to just buy a shampoo that acts like a 2-in-1 shampoo and conditioner. I've seen some before but none in my country which is too bad.

titaniumhijau
07-03-2008, 01:17 PM
Not necessary. Shampoo alone already enough. But if you are girls, i believe you love to do use any conditioner right? I'm not really understand why my sister love to do that.

aliva
07-03-2008, 08:39 PM
Not necessary. Shampoo alone already enough. But if you are girls, i believe you love to do use any conditioner right? I'm not really understand why my sister love to do that.

It’s not the matter of boys or girls. Anyway, have you ever go for a test to determine whether your hair needs conditioner. Just go for it now.

Cut off an inch-long strand of your hair and drop it into a glass of water.

1.If it sinks immediately, your hair is dry and needs a deep moisturizing conditioner.
2.If the strand remains afloat, your hair is oily and needs a lightweight conditioner.

skinlover
03-12-2012, 05:44 PM
Great tips here by Aliva.
For me personally I could not imagine not using conditioner, using conditioner, for me, is as normal as having a right hand, haha!
Especially as my hair has lightened highlights and is at a very dry stage.

Use it, there's no harm.
Have fun with your hair. :)

L.
x

vencasand
03-13-2012, 01:16 PM
my hair is getting grey/white, i use a leave in conditioner because i have psoriasis and try not to get any on my back. my hair is down to my butt cheeks. i love long hair and i actually love the grey/white because it sparkles in the sunlight. i use a shampoo without sls. it was given to me by a friend but i don't know where she got it. it is a very gentle shampoo that really suds up. i rinse very well and just let my hair dry natually.

vjykmr89
09-28-2012, 04:02 AM
Theres nothing compulsory . But due to fall in quality of food and pollution hairs get damaged more easily. To protect hair from external environment and food habits its advisable to use hair conditioners.
select conditioners based on your hair type and application requirement. For Ex: dry hair, colored hair etc

breonnajackson
09-28-2012, 11:38 AM
Firstly its not at all compulsory to use a conditioner after the head bath. Its better to condition ur hair though to prevent them from drying.Just get a conditioner from a good company and the one meant for ur hair type. U can choose between chemical conditioners and herbal ones.

I did not use any chemical conditioners till I was 21 years of age. I had terribly rough and dry hair as a child and was often made fun of becoz of that. When I was 13 I started using a hair pack and eggs to condition my hair once a month and in a few months my hair started improving in texture and length.