PDA

View Full Version : Reducing Large Pores?

DawnsLight
07-21-2010, 09:28 PM
I have acne that is kept under control with prescription products. I thought I had blackheads on my nose, but my dermatologist says they're just large pores. (They have oil in them that makes them look like blackheads.) I also feel like I have large pores in my T-zone.

I'm often picking at my skin, trying to squeeze the "oil" out of my pores. I know it's a habit I should stop, but I just can't. So, I'm trying to reduce the need to pick my skin by using products that will reduce the size of my pores. Can anyone recommend a good product for this? It can be either over the counter or home-made recipes. I'm not looking to spend over $30.

Thanks! =)

vencasand
07-22-2010, 02:18 PM
there are "pore minimizers" out there. almost every cosmetic company has them but there are also masks you can use. clay masks help clean your pores and help make them look smaller. i did some research and when i typed (pores on face) in my browser it gave me a web site called e-how. it is some good common sense info on here. hope i helped.

Carolsue22
10-11-2010, 01:44 AM
A couple of options that might work, have you tried a facial steam prior to cleansing. This will open the pores so you can get the dirt/oil out. Also clay masks work well too. I have a few articles on my blog that might be helpfull. they are How to diminish large pores, a herbal steam facial, Clay masks recipes, and there are some posts on how to combat oily skin. I really cant post the individual links to the articles above, but just visit my blog and I am sure you will find some really usefull articles.

One other tip is to rinse your face with cool water or cool toner to close pores before you apply any makeup or moisturizer

Elena K
10-12-2010, 04:39 AM
Any toner containing which hazel, peppermint or rosewater will help to shrink pores. These ingredients may be drying.
Cold water or ice cubes help to shrink pores too with much less drying.
Unfortunately, all of these produce only temporary effect

y34963
10-12-2010, 02:23 PM
You can't shrink your pores permanently. You can, however, make them appear smaller. As Elna says use of a toner willl help, Also, use a lotion or cream that contains glycolic or salicylic acids, there are many on the market. The acids increase cell turnover and keeps your pores clean. They also help with fine lines and your skin will be amazingly soft.

Dorrew
10-23-2010, 01:44 PM
I have acne that is kept under control with prescription products. I thought I had blackheads on my nose, but my dermatologist says they're just large pores. (They have oil in them that makes them look like blackheads.) I also feel like I have large pores in my T-zone.

I'm often picking at my skin, trying to squeeze the "oil" out of my pores. I know it's a habit I should stop, but I just can't. So, I'm trying to reduce the need to pick my skin by using products that will reduce the size of my pores. Can anyone recommend a good product for this? It can be either over the counter or home-made recipes. I'm not looking to spend over $30.

Thanks! =)
I have ome tip for you. I hope it is helpful for you.
* Mix almond meal with enough water to make a paste. Apply to pores for 20 minutes. Rinse with warm water, then apply witch hazel
or a solution of apple cider vinegar and water.
* Bran and Grapefruit is also used to tightens large pores.
* Mix table salt and buttermilk into a paste, apply on enlarged pores and massage well. Rinse with warm water.
* If enlarged pores are due to blackheads stretching the entrance of the pore, then firstly remove blackheads using one of the above methods, then to contract pores, blend (one or your preferred mixture) of camphor, sage and / or thyme in a base of jojoba oil
. Use as a compress or mix in with your moisturiser and apply to affected areas. Jojoba is easily absorbed into the skin and balances oil levels (which may assist in reducing blackheads as sebum production is regulated).

Thanks!

bobkerry
10-31-2010, 11:32 AM
large pores can easily be removed if you really take good care of your skin..try to do cleansing and do it regularly as it can help in reducing the pores...keep your skin fresh and wash it thrice a day