PDA

View Full Version : Need some help

vinodg
07-10-2008, 02:46 PM
Hi,

My friend has developed reddish granular rashes on his neck and upper body. It seems the rashes are also causing irritations as occasionally he is trying to itch them.

Can you people tell me what I have to do?

Please post some good tips to get rid of those rashes.

Dr.Deepak
07-10-2008, 04:21 PM
oh as its hot summer it might be summer rash or sweat rash.Heat and humidity factors tends to block the tiny openings (pores) in your skin and causes the eruption of tiny reddish papules causing a prickling sensation and itchhing..

So cool your body in an air-conditioned room or with a fan, or take a cool shower or bath and let your skin air dry. Don't apply any antiperspirant, lotion, or powder to your skin, these may trap more sweat, making your symptoms worse.
If infection depelops visit your doc..

chicque
07-11-2008, 03:23 AM
don't touch them! as hard as it is to do that, don't irritate them even more! apply cooling gel to it to give you some relief, and wait for it to go away. if it doesnt, go visit your dermatologist.

Starchild47
07-16-2008, 06:41 AM
Baking soda in the bath will help the itching. The Aveeno brand of products has oatmeal in it which will help itching as well. You can put oats and baking soda in a little muslin bag or make one by taking a square of fabric and put in the soda and oats, Tie it up with a rubber band or string. Run the bath water with this floating in the water. Let it steep or sit for at least 5-10 minutes to mix the dry ingredients with the water. Then sit in there for about 15 minutes.