PDA

View Full Version : How to get rid of this?

Guymathews
07-02-2010, 08:47 PM
I got this from shaving, what can i do to atleast remove the darkness? I know there is something i can do to atleast lighten the area up. Thanks for all he took time to atleast read this question! Thanks!! ( i really want to remove the darkness, because it makes me look older than what i am)

Pictures:
http://i49.tinypic.com/5vxg76.jpg

Dr.Deepak
07-04-2010, 01:18 AM
Well thats pseudofolliculitis barbae, or in simple razor bumps. The first options would be to grow the beard for atleast few weeks and avoid razors.In the mean time apply some topical antibiotics like clindamycin or in combination with benzoyl peroxide (Duac,Benzaclin). This will help reduce the infection and inflammation. If the infection is severe oral antibiotics like Tetracycline or its derivatives might needed. Don't over use, it will cause irritation.

If you are concerned about lightening the skin, you can get the prescription topical combination medications with (tretinoin +mometasone+hydroquinone). You can also apply some lotions containing glycolic acid during night. Don't over use it will cause irritation to the skin.

To avoid repetitive infection just avoid razors blades. Another options may be laser hair removal ( it will remove the hair follicle so, no folliculitis ) with laser skin lightening.

bballboy
10-27-2010, 10:35 PM
i agree with the post above--you should probably avoid shaving with a razor for a while. if you need to keep your facial hair short, i would suggest simply trimming it, instead of going for a skin-close shave. try and tweeze any ingrown hairs that you may have in order to prevent any future flair ups. best of luck!

isabela
07-20-2011, 06:40 AM
does shaving really cause dark underarms? how does it happen? and does that mean that plucking doesn't darken underarms? i stumbled upon this product online that is also used for dark underarms. it's called ********. seems like a good catch but i'm gonna still dig deeper. hope you guys can answer my questions. thank you!

vencasand
07-20-2011, 12:41 PM
okay isabela i have read 4 of your posts. all of them mention ********. from acne to rashes to lightening scars. warning warning warning. stop spamming or you will be banned.

Shalini
08-11-2011, 09:04 AM
Skin rash and reddening of skin is often caused due to insect bites and stings. Also, oil extracted from poisonous oak, sumac and even ivy can cause severe rashes. As a matter of fact, many people have sensitive skin which immediately gets reddened on scratching. Such people often suffer from skin problems like Psoriasis. Doctors strongly recommend the patients to not scratch the skin as scratching can worsen the inflammation. Some people may even be allergic to certain fibers and perfumes. If you too have sensitive skin, then you can opt for natural solution like oatmeal bath which will help you in getting rid of itchy skin no rash.

Skin irritation can also be caused due to use of new brand of soap that you have recently started using or even a shampoo, air freshener and more. In rare cases, people have also reported itching in skin caused due to undue stress. This is why doctors recommend the patients to lead a stress free life. Itchy skin no rash has become very common! However, many individuals have even reported dryness and itching in skin after swimming as most of the pools are chlorinated. In addition, the traces of lead in the drinking water along with toxins can also cause skin irritation.